Brayford signs new three-year contract

Wilko

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way its good news. There'll be clauses about allowing him to talk to other clubs if a certain sized bid is offered and all that malarkay but still, it shows intent from both player and club.

We'll be in the Prem by then so he'll be more than happy..........:D

Brayford made his 50th appearance last saturday - I wonder if it's some kind of clause in his contract that means he's due an improved one at this point? Not that it actually matters of course, he's clearly played well enough to deserve one. Bailey's only played 42 games, so it'll be interesting to see if he gets a new one in 8 games time.

Hello?

How are you Mr Stoke City?

Yes?

John Brayford?

That'll be £8m please.

Well if it's far too much then we'll keep him for another 3 years.

Bye.

[sIZE=1]£1m and that contract will be torn up :D[/sIZE]

So he is not going to Newcastle for £800k as stated by 'someone in the know' a few weeks ago on twitter.

He did get somewhat slated by dcfcfans on twitter when he came up with that daft tweet!!

The same guy did mention a stall in negotiations over a new contract though...

Looking at our defence, and players that are ours.

We now have 3/4 of our our first choice back 4 tied up for 3 years - Shackell, Barker and Brayford. It would take a lot of money to prise them out of their contracts I think.

Riggott for experience and if he can get and stay fit will give us a good couple of years service

We have O'Brien coming through form the youth ranks and looking reliable enough to say he is a more than capable 3rd choice CB and obvious first choice as and when the others loose form or poke off

Left back and full back cover is a concern. Roberts is knocking on a bit but we do have Chris Jones - who looked like a decent prospect in the pre-season games he played.

We could do with proper right back to cover and a good left back and cover.

Is this Clough's and the board's slow build taking shape at the back.

we really do have some paranoid people on this forum! and i can see why to be fair. we aren't really the best club at getting good market value for players over the past few years and although it is good news he has signed a new contract it does seem early to be doing so.

maybe there have been bids? maybe they didn't want to lose him like Commo? who knows! good news though.

Chuffed to see him sign on for longer. He's a good lad and like Metgod says he has worked hard since he got here - his goal against Watford was, for me anyway, the stand-out moment of our sexy delicious patch last year. The way he powered through and bombed past the defender on him summed up our attitude at the time for me - that anyone in the team could potentially score at any moment. Another interesting thought is that he's someone who has played the majority of his career (or thereabouts) under Clough, has been developed by him and is willing to put in the hours for him. It's early to say it but I reckon Clough will get the same loyalty, respect and drive from the players he has brought in and nurtured too. I feel very good about the way the current squad has come together and how Clough has been given time to assemble the type of team he wants. Fingers crossed he'll be given just a wee bit more support to get us through to the January window.

So he is not going to Newcastle for £800k as stated by 'someone in the know' a few weeks ago on twitter.

He did get somewhat slated by dcfcfans on twitter when he came up with that daft tweet!!

Good that Brayford has signed a new deal.

If things carry on as they are , Prem teams will be looking at our best players already... Shackell looks way better than AYala who has gone to a Prem team, O Brien and Bryson may be getting attention , and Bailey too , maybe both Davies as well...

Tom Glick needs to learn some Anglo Saxon when replying to any enquiries.

Good that Brayford has signed a new deal.

If things carry on as they are , Prem teams will be looking at our best players already... Shackell looks way better than AYala who has gone to a Prem team, O Brien and Bryson may be getting attention , and Bailey too , maybe both Davies as well...

Tom Glick needs to learn some Anglo Saxon when replying to any enquiries.

If Tom sells Brayford for five ffenigs and a bucket of pig’s blood we’ll know who to blame.

Archived