Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take Messi out of the equation and you're only left with Busquets, Pedro, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, David Villa and Xavi.. Who just happen to play for the greatest National team ever..

Chelsea stopped them? That semi-final victory will go down as the luckiest victory in the history of the game.... A fair reflection would have been around 8-3 on agg. If they played another 100 plus times Barca would win 97% of them.. Chelsea progressing is the equivalent of winning a raffle from over 100 numbers..

They are the best ever.. No-one has ever played at their level consistantly over 4 years.. That side that won the CL under Pep in 2009 was the perfect team.. You couldn't improve that in any way.. Every player was worldclass in their position and every player played to their maximum..

I thought you were good at maths bris?

Over the last 4 meetings between Chelsea and Barcelona, Chelsea have lost what percentage?

you could improve them, swap valdes for casillas

Definately.. He is the obvious weak link..

Another problem they have is trying to accomodate too many top players..This starting 11 that they have available is a beast..

Valdes

Dani Alves

Puyol

Pique

Jordi Alba

Busquets

Xavi

Iniesta

Villa

Messi

Pedro

Problem they have is because of injuries and trying to rest certain players for the bigger games they haven't put this side out in a very long time.. The last time all of the big guns played was in the CL semi-final against Real madrid in 2011..

Roy Carroll in goal for Olympiacos in their 2-1 win at Montpellier tonight, fair play moving abroad has rebuilt his career.

He was still a good keeper when he was here, he just gave up after joining and after that his form went downhill pretty rapidly. Then again, what keeper could've looked decent infront of our defence back then?

Take Messi out of the equation and you're only left with Busquets, Pedro, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, David Villa and Xavi.. Who just happen to play for the greatest National team ever..

Chelsea stopped them? That semi-final victory will go down as the luckiest victory in the history of the game.... A fair reflection would have been around 8-3 on agg. If they played another 100 plus times Barca would win 97% of them.. Chelsea progressing is the equivalent of winning a raffle from over 100 numbers..

They are the best ever.. No-one has ever played at their level consistantly over 4 years.. That side that won the CL under Pep in 2009 was the perfect team.. You couldn't improve that in any way.. Every player was worldclass in their position and every player played to their maximum..

As I said we saw what happened the other night when Messi was not firing. 11 great players do not make a great team if they can't score goals.

I also don't understand why they are unlucky every time they lose. If Derby were creating lots of chances, missing them and losing would you say we are unlucky or that Sammon, Robinson and Tyson are poor strikers?!

Already agreed with you that they are a great team but still don't think they are the best ever, this view may be tainted by the fact that I like to watch entertaining teams.

He was still a good keeper when he was here, he just gave up after joining and after that his form went downhill pretty rapidly. Then again, what keeper could've looked decent infront of our defence back then?

Still a good keeper hen joining us..? You have got to be joking havent you??? He was useless, totally useless. I have never seen a keeper beat at his near post so much...

Forest green away stands out to me.

Still a good keeper hen joining us..? You have got to be joking havent you??? He was useless, totally useless. I have never seen a keeper beat at his near post so much...

That's the one I remember too for that, he was hopeless that game, but he was still decent when with us, particularly initially when he first joined, I was delighted at first. He had some stinkers but given half the games when we came down our defence and how many shots came at him (and Bywater for that matter), then no goalkeeper could've looked any good in that side.

Clearly, he's still decent, I remember one cracking save from K.Phillips at home against Birmingham not long before Jewell left, Carroll was alright. He just lost any form he had (along with most of the squad at the time) and pretty much sat on his wages till Nigel got here.

Villa home the one for me, I was in Thailand at the time watching in a bar that had every prem game on at sane time, people were laughing at him for how bad he was, one of the few times I didn't own up to supporting the rams!

Liverpool were like a kids team. All wanted to score. Sterling wanted to take on his man 3 times instead of pass to a teammate with the whole goal to aim at.

A player called Wisdom was thick, he kept facing the wrong way. Would of served them right if they lost. Greed.

After Eto'o laid into Alex Song this week I would of thought he would of played up to his own tag as "one of the best in the world"

40 min wait for a shot in Man City v Swansea.

Iwatched the Stoke vs Sunderland game and I don't recall a single shot on target until around the 88th minute when Charlie Adam scooped a shot into the keepers arms for a routine save..

It was absolutely dire..

I noticed when a team containing mostly British players play it's absolutely dire.. Fulham vs Reading only had 6 English players on the pitch, hence it was a good highscoring game.. The dire games like Villa vs Norwich and Stoke vs Sunderland were littered with British players with very little ball ability..

Argh, Villa v Norwich. Championship game!!

Although congratulations to Villa for having 6 players in Norwich's half at one point. Usually they only do that for corners.

I think I predicted Citeh to win the League? Can I change it? Fancy selling De Jong!

Milner?

Barry?

Rodwell?

Good luck

Rayo 0-5 Barca

Messi scored another 2.. He's surpassed Peles record for amount of goal in a calender year, and he's done playing against far better teams..

Messi in 2012 has eclipsed the level of any other footballer in the history of the game..

Fabregas played well and nice to see Song enjoying himself..

Archived