Flippin heck.

Carlos Edwards

Damien Delaney

Lee Bowyer

Grant Leadbitter

Michael Chopra

Jason Scotland

Not a bad bunch.

But Ipswich now 3-0 down before HT to Southampton.

Didn't they lose 3-0 on Saturday?

Maybe Jewell didn't "learn from mistakes at Derby"??

I was beggining to think that the Championships better sides were only perhaps one or two decent signings away from matching half the Premiership.

But League 1 seems to promote teams more than capable of just competing in here. Southampton,Leeds, Norwich, Leicester, Forest.

Is football getting closer? As in the decent league 1 sides are just about equal to all Championship and just slightly weaker than PL sides?

Or is the PL miles ahead of the rest of us?

I always thought apart from the top 7 or 8, most Championship sides would be able to switch with the rest of the Premiership and no one would notice the difference in quality? Perhaps bottom 6/top 6?

What's the crack?

So that's a bunch of 'proven championship players' being given a pasting by a bunch of lower league nobodies then? :D

They need Laurent Robert that's all.

Either him or Ellington....... wait a minute!! :eek:

:rolleyes:

Leeds 3-1 Hull. Gutted.

I was beggining to think that the Championships better sides were only perhaps one or two decent signings away from matching half the Premiership.

But League 1 seems to promote teams more than capable of just competing in here. Southampton,Leeds, Norwich, Leicester, Forest.

Is football getting closer? As in the decent league 1 sides are just about equal to all Championship and just slightly weaker than PL sides?

Or is the PL miles ahead of the rest of us?

I always thought apart from the top 7 or 8, most Championship sides would be able to switch with the rest of the Premiership and no one would notice the difference in quality? Perhaps bottom 6/top 6?

What's the crack?

I think it's a case that L1 has caught the championship.

The bottom 7 of the Pren have slipped back for some reason, possibly the distribution of money in the Prem being skewed in favour of top clubs.

The top 7 of the Prem have gone well ahead of the others due to extra revenue from Europe.

Teams like Fullham have a couple if good years based on brief flirtations with top 10 finishes and Europe qualification.

I hope Ipswich pull it back in a way.

All these League 1 clubs coming up with momentum every season, then the Premiership teams seem able to hold on to enough talent to compete up at the top too..... I just don't want it to be us floaters (Barnsley, Coventry, Watford....dare i say Derby?) that suffer amongst it.

League 1 has no appeal whatsoever. C'mon Ipswich, convince me that League 1 isn't too close to the average Championship team!!

Archived