Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

Maybe his mind was elsewhere like having to decide how to spend his 350k per week or decorate his 80k a month paid for apartment.

My girlfriend is applying for a job that pays 17.5k a year. I had to pick her jaw off the floor when I told her Eto'o makes that much in about eight hours.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iwatched the Stoke vs Sunderland game and I don't recall a single shot on target until around the 88th minute when Charlie Adam scooped a shot into the keepers arms for a routine save..

It was absolutely dire..

I noticed when a team containing mostly British players play it's absolutely dire.. Fulham vs Reading only had 6 English players on the pitch, hence it was a good highscoring game.. The dire games like Villa vs Norwich and Stoke vs Sunderland were littered with British players with very little ball ability..

Just watched MOTD, and Stoke v Sunderland looked the worst game of the lot in the PL today. Apparently only four goals have been scored at the Britannia this season, and Sunderland have only had 12 shots on goal at all, so chances were to be minimal between arguably the two dullest sides in the PL.

Terrible MOTD, mind you. One cracker and five mediocre games. I'm not trying to lend credence to the argument that it's an inferior league, as there have been some excellent MOTDs in recent months, but there we go.

Just watched MOTD, and Stoke v Sunderland looked the worst game of the lot in the PL today. Apparently only four goals have been scored at the Britannia this season, and Sunderland have only had 12 shots on goal at all, so chances were to be minimal between arguably the two dullest sides in the PL.

Terrible MOTD, mind you. One cracker and five mediocre games. I'm not trying to lend credence to the argument that it's an inferior league, as there have been some excellent MOTDs in recent months, but there we go.

It was dire mate, absolutely woeful.. You won't see a worse game all season.. In any of the divisions... The Forest/Derby game had much more quality in it..

Both sides were happy to pass it along the backline for a few minutes before hoofing it to no-one.. Everytime the ball broke in midfield either side attacking only had 3 or 4 players pushing on whilst the defending team had 7 or 8 defenders back.. There was very little passing or penetration in the final 3rd as both sides wingers were rubbish and tried dribbling round the defenders to little success.. Adam Johnson looked poor and Kightly was terrible.. I didn't even know Larsson was playing until he got subbed off..

I remember one good move in the whole match, in the first half Stoke played a one two and Kightly was in behind his fullback.. He had the tallest player in the PL (Crouch) and a bustler (Walters) to aim for and hit it straight out of play..

Simply a woeful game of football..

How big is Chicharitos mouth?

http://javiersalasradio.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/chicharito-mexico?w=630

One thing you have to admire about the PL.. The referees have so much influence on the game unlike other leagues.. They create a pantomine with a series of bad decisions.. It adds to the entertainment..

The Man Utd/Chelsea game was good entertainment for football made much better by Clattenburgs decisions..

Man Utd can never ever ever ever complain about referees..

So, you get booked for celebrating with your own fans.

You get booked for taking off your shirt

You don't get booked for running up to opposition fans and goading them.

What genius comes up with that? Not that I think Hernandez should be booked, just the third display makes a mockery of the other two laws.

The 'C' he does after scoring. I think I know what that stands for.

Looks like Atletico will be joining the big 2 in Spain now..

Simeone has done an amazing job there, and they play really good football too..

Currently beating Osasuna 3-1 to go joint top with 25 points from a possible 27.. They look really strong at home. I'd like to see them in the Champions League next season, and a top 4 finish will hopefully mean Falcao will stay with them.. Afterall there aren't that many clubs better in Europe currently better than Atletico..

Also nice to see Inter put behind them 2 horror seasons and move forward under Stramaccioni.. In italy the 3-5-2 wingback formation we played under Jim Smith has been brought back by the likes of Juve and Inter.. A few others are starting to adopt it too.. It's pretty much unheard of now in England..

Looks like Atletico will be joining the big 2 in Spain now..

Simeone has done an amazing job there, and they play really good football too..

Currently beating Osasuna 3-1 to go joint top with 25 points from a possible 27.. They look really strong at home. I'd like to see them in the Champions League next season, and a top 4 finish will hopefully mean Falcao will stay with them.. Afterall there aren't that many clubs better in Europe currently better than Atletico..

Also nice to see Inter put behind them 2 horror seasons and move forward under Stramaccioni.. In italy the 3-5-2 wingback formation we played under Jim Smith has been brought back by the likes of Juve and Inter.. A few others are starting to adopt it too.. It's pretty much unheard of now in England..

I love that formation, with the right squad is an absolute pain in the arse to play against. Kinda hoping that we adopt it, we have the players for it, with one or two changes. (New left-back needed left season in that situation of course, for example)

I do believe Wigan play it though with Boyce and Bousejour as the wing-backs? Or atleast a close variant of it, from what i've seen.

Felt sorry for Clattenburg. Watched the Torres yellow over and over, and it does look like a dive from where he was stood. Brave to dish the yellow out but I get why.

And the offside - the lino's view was blocked significantly by Chelsea defenders. Not saying it's right, but I bet most linesmen wouldn't flag for that.

As an aside, it's worrying for United that they squandered a 2 goal lead, and also were clinging on at the end against 9 men. They should have buried Chelsea, scored a couple of quick goals after the red and made it safe. They won't get this luxury every week.

Just read through the Clattenburg profile.. It looks like he's made a habit of giving Man Utd very dodgy decisions over the past..

The Mendes goal for Spurs at Old Trafford

The Nani goal vs Spurs at Old Trafford

And obviously the Chelsea game

He must recieve a nice gift from Fergie every Christmas time

Archived