Blackpool v Derby County

GboroRam

Back to the serious business, how did this differ from Saturday?

sounded like on radio derby that it was quite an even game, both teams played well - but derby took the points. Sounded a bit frantic near the end, but we closed out stoppage time like the last 2 games.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounded like we tried to knock it around tonight, Hendrick is better on the ball than Croft which probably helped.

We certainly didnt put 10 behind the ball, and we weren't lucky.

I thought first half was pretty even. Second half we we were better team, got the goal. They pressured so on came Theo to run at their defence and scare them stupid. Relieved thd pressure.

Defensively we were solid, and they didn't create many clear cut should have scored chances.

Last three clean sheets by visitors to Bkackpool

August 2009 - Derby

April 2011 - Stoke

August 2011 - Derby

Curb get them knees up.....here we go.......................

KNEES UP MOTHER BROWN, KNEES UP MOTHER BROWN UNDER THE TABLE WE WILL GO EI EI EI O

WHEN WE GET PROMOTED THIS IS WHAT WE'LL SING, WE ARE DERBY WE ARE DERBY NIGEL IS OUR KING

Come on, you know you want to...............

Who's up Mary Brown, who's up Mary Brown, Tommy Tommy Docherty, who the ****** hell is he?

Glad people enjoyed the three points, and the second half performance sounded better..

Just a quick reminder though.

There are 43 games left. That's 129 points left to play for.

Remember, it wasn't too long ago we were 4th, lost 5 on the bounce and then the season went to pot..

To even make predictions, or think beyond the next game, is plain ludicrous..

We sounded good 2nd half, Hendrick, Bryson and Bailey all sounded neat on the ball. Let's just hope one of them doesn't get injured and we only have Pearson as a possible CM replacement.

Glad people enjoyed the three points, and the second half performance sounded better..

Just a quick reminder though.

There are 43 games left. That's 129 points left to play for.

Remember, it wasn't too long ago we were 4th, lost 5 on the bounce and then the season went to pot..

To even make predictions, or think beyond the next game, is plain ludicrous..

We sounded good 2nd half, Hendrick, Bryson and Bailey all sounded neat on the ball. Let's just hope one of them doesn't get injured and we only have Pearson as a possible CM replacement.

Okay, who had message 607 in the sweep? Miserable s@d.

I think Bris made a good point though, last season we got upto 4th and we thought we was in for a good season and it all went to pot, I know there is a lot of differences between then and now as we seem A LOT more steady than we did last season, although the football isn't as good.

I would just take every game as they come, next game is Doncaster if we ease up they will punish us we cannot look at their injury record and think easy win, that would be daft.

Keep the mentality of 'we are going to struggle this year, we need to fight for everything every game' and not look at the league table.

now I sound like Billy Davies :rolleyes:

Erm, has Clough been reading these forums? Has he taken my advice :eek:

A 3 man midfield of Bryson, Hendrick and Bailey with Ward and B.Davies occupying wide positions and S.Davies up top..

I'm actually excited now :D

Well done Bris. What would Nigel do without you? :p

Okay, who had message 607 in the sweep? Miserable s@d.

I actually see myself as a level headed guy, and generally positive in life. If I wasn't I wouldn't have the life I have now..

You seem quite offended that I choose to take a realistic view about the Derby County..

Isn't realism allowed on here.. Do I have to just say we're going to win the league to be accepted around here?

I actually see myself as a level headed guy, and generally positive in life. If I wasn't I wouldn't have the life I have now..

You seem quite offended that I choose to take a realistic view about the Derby County..

Isn't realism allowed on here.. Do I have to just say we're going to win the league to be accepted around here?

No, it needs to be maximum points as well.

I think Bris made a good point though, last season we got upto 4th and we thought we was in for a good season and it all went to pot, I know there is a lot of differences between then and now as we seem A LOT more steady than we did last season, although the football isn't as good.

He hasn't made a good point at all. Very few people are coming on here as far as I can tell, saying that we'll win the league on the back of three wins. What people are saying is that its good to have won three on the bounce and that we should be happy about that. Bris seems unable/unwilling to accept this. All he wants to do is find the negative in everything. No need.

Someone get me a violin... he's feeling hard done by.

Most of us just want to enjoy tonight thanks very much, you can change the goal posts again tomorrow.

Tonight we've won 3 out of 3 for the first time in 63 years.

NOt too shabby at all.

A realistic view of Derby County as of this evening is that we haven't lost in the league yet, have conceded one goal and are one of only three teams to be unbeaten. With all of this in mind, I see no reason to point out the bleeding obvious that this doesn't mean we're going to win the league. Of course it doesn't mean that and nobody thinks it does. But ffs why do you have to find the negative in every single aspect of the club. If its that much of a trial don't bloody support them!

Archived