Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=4]I know this is technically 'talking dirty Leeds', but a quote from Warnock on the BBC match report:

"I'm quite embarrassed about the result.[/size]

[size=4]"But I don't think you learn much about your players when you're winning games, I think you learn things when things go against you, who stands up and who you want in the trenches with you.[/size]

[size=4]"I've learnt probably more than I have in the other games, but in fairness some of them were just shattered."[/size]

[size=4]Firstly, "quite embarrassed", only quite.[/size]

[size=4]But the thing that got me about that was the mixed metaphor - "who stands up and who you want in the trenches with you". You don't really want people to be standing up when they're in the trenches with you, they'd get their head blown off. So is he looking for people to keep their heads down after that game, and condemning those that stand up?[/size]

[size=4]In summary, I think he's a cock.[/size]

Forest have been playing well of late and last night's result just makes me even more pleased that they decided to chuck in one of their worst performances of the season against us last week. Just imagine.....no, I can't even contemplate it.

[size=4]I know this is technically 'talking dirty Leeds', but a quote from Warnock on the BBC match report:

"I'm quite embarrassed about the result.[/size]

[size=4]"But I don't think you learn much about your players when you're winning games, I think you learn things when things go against you, who stands up and who you want in the trenches with you.[/size]

[size=4]"I've learnt probably more than I have in the other games, but in fairness some of them were just shattered."[/size]

[size=4]Firstly, "quite embarrassed", only quite.[/size]

[size=4]But the thing that got me about that was the mixed metaphor - "who stands up and who you want in the trenches with you". You don't really want people to be standing up when they're in the trenches with you, they'd get their head blown off. So is he looking for people to keep their heads down after that game, and condemning those that stand up?[/size]

[size=4]In summary, I think he's a cock.[/size]

It isn't a mixed metaphor at all, its two....who stands up AND who you want in the trenches with you..

in summary, best manager in the league, and will get them sorted for next season.

Thats for Cloughie and Chrissy Cohen.

Mental. Who'd be a Forest fan? Absolute dirge at PP and then this...

Leeds diving all over the place, dive from Mccormack won their penalty. Becchio is a penis swell.

They havent changed.

Pot and kettle - Cotterill was encouraging your lot to dive at every opportunity when we beat you.

Still, good result. Couldn't happen to a bigger ***** than Warnock either.

Forest have been playing well of late and last night's result just makes me even more pleased that they decided to chuck in one of their worst performances of the season against us last week. Just imagine.....no, I can't even contemplate it.

Derby have played well of late too, it's just that that match was a horrible, niggly, petulant affair that neither side wanted to lose. Remember of course that it had 0-0 written all over it until the heroics of Bucko.

Fair play to Forest, however, and at least it was against Leeds. I can imagine Warnock's head exploding from the sheer fury of it all, now THAT I would like to see 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Pot and kettle - Cotterill was encouraging your lot to dive at every opportunity when we beat you.

Still, good result. Couldn't happen to a bigger ***** than Warnock either.

We really werent. I can only think of gunner going down as an example of that. No more than yourselves.

Well in forest. Bout time we got some pride back.

This is better than 5-2 btw!!!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I actually care less for leeds more than forest, so relativly please with the result. Would be funny if forest had a similiar result over leicester, who I dislike less than leeds, but more than forest.

Hopefully forest haven't scored all their remaining goals in last nights match 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

It isn't a mixed metaphor at all, its two....who stands up AND who you want in the trenches with you..

in summary, best manager in the league, and will get them sorted for next season.

He's one of the best, but the best?! You're having a giraffe! Only managed to get two teams promoted to the PL in his entire career.

PS. 2-1 10 men, 1-0 11 men........

There's no bragging rights for red dogs this season.

Meh, least we got one over the dirites. Who I probably dislike more than Derby..

Win at the bin dippers in a few weeks and I might have a smile brought back thinking about this season ..

Meh, least we got one over the dirites. Who I probably dislike more than Derby..

Win at the bin dippers in a few weeks and I might have a smile brought back thinking about this season ..

Dont stand a chance of beating Leicester dude. They all get too fired up. Waving little blue shirts about. Scarves, inflatable sheep (when we play them) silly hats....

Makes me cringe.

Then there's the Poznan. Nearly as gay as that hand spinning the you guys do!

There's a certain respect for Forest.

There's nothing but absolute loathing for Leeds.

Archived