Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

not only that he wants senior premiership players if you listen to his interview, I don't know how keen Forest are to pump their wagebill back up again, I suspect not many will be for fee's.

And if you believe the rumours that ND want's to lower the wage bill doesn't look like it will be a happy relationship between the board and McClaren, in fact if you listen to McClaren now it already sounds strained.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if you believe the rumours that ND want's to lower the wage bill doesn't look like it will be a happy relationship between the board and McClaren, in fact if you listen to McClaren now it already sounds strained.

I am postively certain Clough will be at Derby longer than McClaren is at Forest, I can see the noises of Coppell and Bristol already!

Yes I read your reply, what I'm saying is why does McClaren want 9 in urgently, not 3 he wants 9. It's not like it's only 1 or 2 players difference, he want's 3x as many as you and he want's them yesterday which is why he's not off to Portugal.

McClaren said 9 out 1 in leaves us eight short

4 of the 8 were Strikers, so as we still have 5 strikers on the books so we don't need more numbers up front to start the season ( extra quality perhapps ) But we have 4 fit strikers ready to go

That leaves 4 to replace 2 in the mid need to be replaced

2 left a left back very much needed

Centre back we have 3 fit centre backs & two top quality youth team players 1 valued at 5 mil to cover. For now

So there you have the 3 that we require to start the season

Then we need to get in a few more to improve the squad & maybe a few season long loans.

I would love them all signed up asap but Rome ws not built in a day

Happy to wager that Forest finish higher than Derby this season

Will you take the bet ?

4 of the 8 were Strikers, so as we still have 5 strikers on the books so we don't need more numbers up front to start the season ( extra quality perhapps ) But we have 4 fit strikers ready to go

Centre back we have 3 fit centre backs & two top quality youth team players 1 valued at 5 mil to cover. For now

Then we need to get in a few more to improve the squad & maybe a few season long loans.

Will you take the bet ?

Already taken it and am now more confident than ever.......just over three weeks to go and no squad.....mmmmmwwwwwwhhhhaaaaa:D:eek:

Will you take the bet ?

I won't.

I don't agree with you fully, but you're only showing the positivity these lot show about Derby before the season starts. They think you're insane.....

Will you take the bet ?

You would think he would be playing now if he was valued at that much.??

Will you take the bet ?

Think you are missing the point, I know your feelings on which players you need. I'm simply repeating what McClaren has said in interviews recently that he want's 9 in. That could be 9 keepers, 9 left backs or 9 subs. McClaren has been in the papers, on the radio saying how urgent it is he get's 9 in, that may include Reid or may not you would have to ask him.

He see's the situation as being that urgent he is not off to Portugal, had it been Billy that may not have been such a big deal but you have a new manager that will have his own idea's on tactics, formations etc. that he will need time with the squad to get across.

As well as the urgency to bring 9 players in (his words not mine), he also has to bring in an assistant manager and first team coach. He will need time with those also to get across his plans.

Would it be fair to say that you totally disagree with McClaren?

Your not listening

3 needed to start then work to bring in the others.

Are you going to bet ?

I'm not listening because I can't hear you, I'am reading tho and I get the impression you want 3 players in?

McClaren disagrees, he want's 9 in (with Reid?) yesterday, looking at your squad I would tend to agree if promotion is the aim for this season. Bet? I promised the missus I wouldn't gamble anymore.

We could compare opinions tho if you want?

I've got a feeling it will be a similar season to your first season back in the Championshop, not much between the 2 clubs but further up the table this time. I wouldn't like to say who would finish above and that's not because I can't bring myself to say Forest will finish above us but I honestly couldn't call it.

If either club finished in the play offs I would be very very surprised.

You would think he would be playing now if he was valued at that much.??

He's only 17, 18 in November & is an England under 19 already.

Arsenal are chasing him & he looks to have a bright future.

Might be a bit early to put him in to the side

I'm not listening because I can't hear you, I'am reading tho and I get the impression you want 3 players in?

McClaren disagrees, he want's 9 in (with Reid?) yesterday, looking at your squad I would tend to agree if promotion is the aim for this season. Bet? I promised the missus I wouldn't gamble anymore.

We could compare opinions tho if you want?

I've got a feeling it will be a similar season to your first season back in the Championshop, not much between the 2 clubs but further up the table this time. I wouldn't like to say who would finish above and that's not because I can't bring myself to say Forest will finish above us but I honestly couldn't call it.

If either club finished in the play offs I would be very very surprised.

We have got there 2 seasons running, I think we will do ok.

Who did derby get to replace Commons ?

We have got there 2 seasons running, I think we will do ok.

Who did derby get to replace Commons ?

Not the same team, new manager, new staff. I'm sure you will do ok but not great like the last 2 seasons.

Replacement for Commons? position wise you would have to say Maguire.

Every florist youngster is worth a mint, we hear it every feckin year. Change the record. Last batch of good youngsters you sold of and then went backwards.

Short of atleast 8 players to compete this season, squad that thin you can dream on finishing even in the top half. Two injuries and you'll be screwed.

I'd disagree and say Jamie Ward is Kris Commons replacement.

How can you lose 9 players from that squad and now claim you are only 3 short of winning promotion?

4 of the players that went were strikers

Boyd (LOAN )

Earnshaw Tyson & Adebola

We were very top heavy with strikers & still have Tudgay, Findley, Garner, McGoldrick & Blackstock. four fit strikers to start the season with Blackstock on the way.

4 of the players that went were Defenders

Wilson & Bennett were not playing

Konchetski was only on loan

We need a left back & possibly a centre half for cover, but Morgan Chambers & Lynch will be ok for now.

Two in midfield McKenna & Moussi ( Still in talks )

McKenna had a year on his contract but Forest released him

We have brought in Reid already & need one poss two more in midfield

to add to Cohen, Myjewski, McGugan Anderson McCleary & Reid

So with 3 new players we would be ok to start the season, we would like more but I am sure they will be added in time.

Of the players that went

Bennett never started a league game for Forest

Adebola 4 starts

Boyd 7 starts

Wilson 8 starts

Tyson 11 starts

Konchesky 14 starts

Moussi 25 starts

Earnshaw 26 starts

McKenna 30 starts

So I can see where Elvis is coming from on this, there are only 3 players out of the 9 that went that Forest used more than 20 times in a season.

We came 6th last time out so we have a good base to build from

4 + 4 + 2 = 10 - Andy Reid = 9.

Just making sure I get that right.

Why the hell does a team have 9 strikers? Why did it always take Billy Davies about 65 players to find a decent squad, people still think he's a decent manager. Don't think he can manage, he seems to struggle.

Tudgay, Findley, Garner, McGoldrick & Blackstock. Which one of those players are you pining your hopes on to score the goals? I like McGoldrick myself, but all my Nottingham Forest friends say he's **** and I've seen the best of him. Tudgay has his moments, but all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's ****.

Cohen, Myjewski, McGugan, Anderson, McCleary & Reid. I like McCleary, but all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's ****. McGugan, all my Nottingham Forest friends think he blows hot and cold. I like Majewski, but all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's a luxury. Anderson, was supposed to be good...but all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's ****.

You need a left back & possibly a centre half for cover, but Morgan Chambers & Lynch will be ok for now. Morgan, ****. Chambers, one good season. Lynch, all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's ****.

Lee Camp is a ******.

lol

I'd disagree and say Jamie Ward is Kris Commons replacement.

4 + 4 + 2 = 10 - Andy Reid = 9.

Just making sure I get that right.

Why the hell does a team have 9 strikers? Why did it always take Billy Davies about 65 players to find a decent squad, people still think he's a decent manager. Don't think he can manage, he seems to struggle.

Tudgay, Findley, Garner, McGoldrick & Blackstock. Which one of those players are you pining your hopes on to score the goals? I like McGoldrick myself, but all my Nottingham Forest friends say he's **** and I've seen the best of him. Tudgay has his moments, but all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's ****.

Cohen, Myjewski, McGugan, Anderson, McCleary & Reid. I like McCleary, but all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's ****. McGugan, all my Nottingham Forest friends think he blows hot and cold. I like Majewski, but all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's a luxury. Anderson, was supposed to be good...but all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's ****.

You need a left back & possibly a centre half for cover, but Morgan Chambers & Lynch will be ok for now. Morgan, ****. Chambers, one good season. Lynch, all my Nottingham Forest friends think he's ****.

Lee Camp is a ******.

lol

Not sure crticising the whole of their defence that has only let in 90 goals in 2 seasons is helping the argument. We let in 71 last season alone.

Not sure crticising the whole of their defence that has only let in 90 goals in 2 seasons is helping the argument. We let in 71 last season alone.

That same team had a pretty decent squad though didn't it? That has just been shed of 10 players. Not all about the defence, as the saying goes the best form of defence is....

Anyway,

Just relaying the tune of my Nottingham Forest supporting friends.

They reckon McClaren will tap the Dutch market and sign some gems, one being from Feyenoord or PSV...can't remember his name. Who's probably worth £5m - £7m.

Bit difficult for a club that favours promotion from mid table, to compete with Leicester, West Ham in the transfer market.

Particularly when they've lost some pretty decent players themselves.

OK maybe we're a bit ambitious with our aims of competing with the Top Two, and I stress maybe and 3 good additions circa Reidy level, and I have no doubt a team that has had unbeaten away runs, home runs, produced some very good football over the last two years at times, have more hope of achieving Automatics, than Derby have of signing 8 new players in a relegation accustomed team, with a Manager still bedding in? to achieve Mid Table.

Its strange as the bar gets raised how the same banter at Forest remains.

We beat your lot TWICE last year, to achieve that again is more difficult?

but we may!

I were supposed to be deluded on our League One Promotion and where are our teams in terms of last two seasons, I must admit though, I honestly believe what NC has done may be a better achievement to what Billy has done, at their different levels.

Optimism for Derby fans is a new fresh team, and rightly so, but for Forest fans to share the same level of optimism, then where the bar stands is Autos?

EACH TO THEIR OWN, we both need good starts to achieve, for you MID and us AUTOS. Just the way it is, and deal with it FFS:D

Archived