Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say Routledge is on a par if not better than Mcgugan though, he was unbelievable for QPR, far too good for this league!

Would be gutted if Forest got their dirty paws on him!

Yeah i would probably agree with that but the thought of mcgugan and routledge in the same side is an exciting prospect.

Good signing Routledge if you get him.

But there's one thing that Forest have lost they can't replace.... Billy Davies

We told you he was a cock. We said it'd end on bad terms. We took the michael when he blew it twice with you. We called him names. But none of us, or those Preston fans that said it all to us, ever thought him a poor manager.

He's brilliant. Look at us since he left.

You'll miss him. Not the bloke himself. But the success he almost guarantees with his record. McClaren wont be able to get your poorer players to play like Billy did imo.

If Billy was still there i reckon you'd be up there again. With or without Routledge and McGugan. McClaren will need more money and better players to achieve it.

He needs to get buying. And Buying quick and big.

Nottingham Forest defender Luke Chambers is attracting interest from Reading.

Despite Forest missing out on promotion yet again through the play-offs, Chambers was outstanding at the heart of the defence.

And Royals boss Brian McDermott has earmarked the current Forest player of the year as a direct replacement for skipper Matt Mills, who joined big-spending Leicester City this week.

New Forest boss Steve McClaren won’t want to run the risk of losing the 25-year-old for nothing in 12 months time when his contract expires and could be prepared to cash in for the right price.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/8898/6/reading-set-sights-forest-star-chambers

Nottingham Forest defender Luke Chambers is attracting interest from Reading.

Despite Forest missing out on promotion yet again through the play-offs, Chambers was outstanding at the heart of the defence.

And Royals boss Brian McDermott has earmarked the current Forest player of the year as a direct replacement for skipper Matt Mills, who joined big-spending Leicester City this week.

New Forest boss Steve McClaren won’t want to run the risk of losing the 25-year-old for nothing in 12 months time when his contract expires and could be prepared to cash in for the right price.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/8898/6/reading-set-sights-forest-star-chambers

another first team player that could jump ship? poor dawwgies :D

If anyone fancies a trip to Portugal next week theres some cheap tickets going for an Easyjet flight from East Midlands. Someone overbooked and have returned them, only problem is you might have to sit next to a few of the Forest youth team lads.

If anyone fancies a trip to Portugal next week theres some cheap tickets going for an Easyjet flight from East Midlands. Someone overbooked and have returned them, only problem is you might have to sit next to a few of the Forest youth team lads.

guffaw, chortle, etc....:D:D:D

We've got a cracking squad, a couple of pieces, we'll be on it.

Would be ridiculous to add 8 or 9 players to a team, time to gel could be a while, even worse if its a team used to relegation battles, could go tits up, but that is only my humble opinion.

We've got a cracking squad

Well, your squad is cracking, that's for sure, cracks all over the place.

Would be ridiculous to add 8 or 9 players to a team, time to gel could be a while, even worse if its a team used to relegation battles, could go tits up, but that is only my humble opinion.

Good job we got them all in before pre-season training started. Plenty of time to gel now. Unlike Forest, who signed what, fatboy?

At best Forest look like they'll be operating on a balanced budget for transfers over the summer - players going, players coming in, but McClown doesn't look like he's going to have a great amount of money to spend, and as pointed out above, Billy is proven at this level, Schteve isn't.

Fair play to Doughty though, there's little incentive in him throwing much cash into it this season as the likes of WHU, Birmingham, Leicester are going to be running away with it.

Its all about opinions, I don't agree.

Good base, two Play Off attempts, just a couple of three pieces more,

Garner McGoldrick McCleary Anderson Moloney Lynch are probably better that what you've signed, and Findlay, ready to go, as unknown quantity.

Once the football starts, you'll see!

Your squad is weaker now than it was last season.

The opposition will be much tougher this year (WHU, Brum and Leicester will be much better than QPR, Norwich and Swansea).

You're taking gambles on crocks and fatboys.

Players you're desperate to keep hold of are walking away.

Forest won't struggle, but I can't see you troubling the real contenders for promotion this year.

Crocks - are you still looking at Barnes? His legs are practically made of glass. Fingers crossed that you confirm that signing.

Reid - Obviously been on his summer diet - realistically how long do you think that's going to last? He couldn't even be @r$ed when he was in the Premier League, I hardly think he's going to try any harder now he's dropped down a league. ;)

So that is one crock, and it terms of the squad as it is, 2 to 3 seasons Championship experience, all at very high tension scenarios, a relegation battle and two Play Off attempts.

How can it be, that your 8 signings, and many of no Championship experience, be seen as in a better sitauation then Forest looking at a crock and a brilliant footballer, overweight or not will do well for us.

I can quite understand the League with WHU and Brum and Leicester will be harder, if we do become mid table ish because of the improved level, on what basis is your 8 signings, gonna overturn the improvements of most Championship teams, that will be your main opponents, Brighton, Southampton Ipswich Watford Doncaster, who are the whipping boys? it is a tough League for us to get out, as much as its a tough League for you to stay in?

Would that be fair?

Archived