Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

Well I'll say that this one has stumped me. Not only that he's gone out on loan again, but that it's for the rest of the season. My only (rather grasping at straws) guess is that he still isn't fit enough, but then who knows? It seems clear to anyone who's been to games recently that what we need, more than a 20-goal a season striker, is some grit and presence in the middle, as evidenced from the way we were carved open for the third goal at Southampton. Maybe they're clearing the decks for a new DM? But then, I'm not one for conjecture. I guess we'll see.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See I dont think we need a big ball winner and dont think thats been the problem in recent games, I think we are winning the ball back ok but we give it away to easily,(pretty much staright away) Addison wouldnt help with that. I just dont think at the moment Hendrick, Bailey, Carroll are doing well enough.

Just noticed this in the above article ...

"There was an offer for me in the January transfer window from a team in the Championship. They were very near to Derby"

Could be quite a few teams: Forest, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, New Mills etc

Miles going makes sense to me. We have Buxton and Naylor as centre half cover.

He isn't a footballing midfielder and everyone says we need creativity so he ain't going to help there

Doesn't fit in anywhere we need cover.

Let him go

So you believe that Naylor and Buxton are better options than Addison. People have short memories. He's gone from this great beast of a player who we all loved and admired when he came back with a MOM performance against Newcastle to someone not good enough to displace Buxton on the bench. All because Nigel does want him in the 16.

On a (partially) related point, does anyone know whether the decision to reduce the number of subs from 18 to 16 is set in stone for a few years, or whether they might overrule it in pre-season? It seems as if a number of players have lost out because of this. We all know that Cywka has, and I wonder if Maguire and Addison are losing out too. Clough did say earlier this season that there are a number of players who are 'outside the 16'. Whether that makes Addison better than Naylor or Buxton, well that's open to opinion really.

Ridiculous decision to limit the number of subs, IMO. Having seven gives you a goalie, two defenders, two midfielders and two strikers effectively, therefore more options. Interesting, by the way, that Miles talks of Derby not having the ambition that Bournemouth does. They do have a rich Russian owner. Hmm.

He's only gone on loan. All game time, which he wouldn't be getting here. Valuable experience.

The reference to the positive vibes is just about Bournemouth, he's never experienced that before. Always been dismal at Derby, depressing. He's excited at the prospect of pushing for promotion. Why wouldn't he be?

Loan is a loan, playing time, get fit, come back next season when we all start again.

He's only gone on loan. All game time, which he wouldn't be getting here. Valuable experience.

The reference to the positive vibes is just about Bournemouth, he's never experienced that before. Always been dismal at Derby, depressing. He's excited at the prospect of pushing for promotion. Why wouldn't he be?

Loan is a loan, playing time, get fit, come back next season when we all start again.

I thought this when he went at the start of the season. I'd be amazed if he comes back. He's got his fitness back to a level, a few reserve run outs and a few times coming off the bench would work. I think this is the steps to him going.

So you believe that Naylor and Buxton are better options than Addison. People have short memories. He's gone from this great beast of a player who we all loved and admired when he came back with a MOM performance against Newcastle to someone not good enough to displace Buxton on the bench. All because Nigel does want him in the 16.

Don't waste your breath mate. Its obvious to those of us without our heads stuck up Cloughs backside that Miles is a thousand times the player a donkey like Buxton is, but because he obviously isn't one of Nigels favourites he is out in the cold. For a player like Addison to have to drop down a division to find a club that has 'ambition' is a shameful indictment of both our manager and the board.

Don't waste your breath mate. Its obvious to those of us without our heads stuck up Cloughs backside that Miles is a thousand times the player a donkey like Buxton is, but because he obviously isn't one of Nigels favourites he is out in the cold. For a player like Addison to have to drop down a division to find a club that has 'ambition' is a shameful indictment of both our manager and the board.

I know, flogging a dead horse but I've had enough. 3 years of mostly poor football, bizarre tactics, falling out with players, selling those who the fans rate and low table finishes. Any other manager with limited experience would not get this backing from the fans. This "it's not fair" rubbish is getting boring now. How many times does a manager have to pick 4 central midfielders for people to think "this doesn't seem right".

End of season we'll have Glick saying the same stuff about signings. We'll start the season well enough and people will be saying "told you so" about Nigel. We'll have a collapse, a few players will then be out of favour and sold, including a few signed by Nigel, some fans will bang on about the early season form as to why Nigel is amazing, we'll finish below halfway in the table and then we'll repeat the process again.

I know, flogging a dead horse but I've had enough. 3 years of mostly poor football, bizarre tactics, falling out with players, selling those who the fans rate and low table finishes. Any other manager with limited experience would not get this backing from the fans. This "it's not fair" rubbish is getting boring now. How many times does a manager have to pick 4 central midfielders for people to think "this doesn't seem right".

End of season we'll have Glick saying the same stuff about signings. We'll start the season well enough and people will be saying "told you so" about Nigel. We'll have a collapse, a few players will then be out of favour and sold, including a few signed by Nigel, some fans will bang on about the early season form as to why Nigel is amazing, we'll finish below halfway in the table and then we'll repeat the process again.

Well on the day we have one defender out for 6 weeks we let another go out on loan. With no plans to get amnother in on loan.

Oh and Nigel says if we had 5 or 6 more points we might play Naylor.

So the limit of of our anbition this year is to get just enough points to avoid relegation?

Is it any wonder that Miles Addison complains about our lack of ambition?

Frankly lack of ambition is where we are at Board level and at manager level. No investment , no ambition on the pitch either.

Sick of em the lot of em.

Archived