New Technical Director of Football?

rsmini

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, exactly like that. Basically, at the start of every training session, The Director would make a match between two players, say Cage Fighter Bywater and Buzz Lightyear Croft. Then Nigel would be made special guest referee. And that's the bottom line...

teddy long would be perfect as he loves the word "player"

Van bronkle horse?

Maybe now we're out the race to sign Owen? Who knows.

I'd like anyone from FIFA personally. Except Platini. All those fellas seem pretty adept in financial wheeler dealings.

Karen Ball Breaker Brady? She'd love to be bossing Brian Clough's son about.

(bet davecov still would though)

murdo mackay was a director of football, what use was he?.

Well, we signed Rasiak, Bisgaard, Idiakez and Tommy Smith on free transfers while he was director of football. Obviously, it's difficult to judge how involved he was, but I'd certainly say that that was an acceptable contribution if he was heavily involved.

Isn't Mark Robins a good friend of Clough. Now if you were looking for a conspiracy it will be someone like him who can step down into the role.

There are a number out there who are not interested in management anymore and one that stands out is Steve Coppell. He is a manager in the same mould as Clough in the sense can spot a talent in the lower divisions including non-league and they turn out to be gems. Before anyone ask who Ian Wright for one.

He no longers has the hunger as a manager direct but would be great in my opinion in completing and identifying players to keep the rebuild going.

There are a number out there who are not interested in management anymore and one that stands out is Steve Coppell. .

Can't see anything wrong with this suggestion. Not going to trample on Nige, plenty of knowledge to help wherever required and a great fill the gap if Nige leaves us for whatever reason.

Coppell would be brilliant.

Does he want to be involved in football at all??

Was it just management he didn't have the heart for anymore. Always thought he seemed a likeable bloke too really

He went to Bristol City spent some money on players and realised this was not for him. He left Reading when they were set up as well and talked about management not being the most important thing. Pressures of this position would be different as it is still the managers responsibility to decide on tactics, the side and also takes the flack if it goes wrong. The director is being brought in to talk to players and negotiate deals on behalf of the team, to tell the people in the club what he thinks of a player and a guesstimate on how much it will cost. He would in my opinion would be ideal. He would then have the experience of his old man, Metgod and an old warhorse in management in Coppell. This would be a great backroom/management setup

i'd certainly have Coppell. He had Reading playing some nice football, something Clough wants to do. He would definitely have good links in the game and comes with a ton of experience. Good shout.

Cracking call that, Coppell would definitely fit the bill. He's knowledgeable in most areas of football, likes to play football on the ground,well-liked in football circles, clever, articulate etc - in fact he'd be perfect.

Call Glick now!

Archived