Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe all this fuss about him waving a flag....talk about blown out of all proportion.

So he waved a flag at the crowd, so what....really, can someone please explain to me how this makes him public enemy number one, personally I thought it was quite funny, and definitely a bit more original than the "cupping the hands to the ears" gesture etc etc

The one question is, is he going to improve our team if we signed him, the answer is, well, he couldn't make it much worse could he.!?

No one worried about Commons being an inbred fan or Barker for that matter, some people are just making far too much of it, it's hardly in the same hemisphere as someone like, say, Souness sigining Mo Johnston.

Nothing to do with where he is from or his on the pitch antics - I get depressed every time I see his name linked with us.

IMO he is no better then what we already have.

So just when I think that we are finally moving forward I come crashing back down to earth.

I cannot believe all this fuss about him waving a flag....talk about blown out of all proportion.

So he waved a flag at the crowd, so what....really, can someone please explain to me how this makes him public enemy number one, personally I thought it was quite funny, and definitely a bit more original than the "cupping the hands to the ears" gesture etc etc

The one question is, is he going to improve our team if we signed him, the answer is, well, he couldn't make it much worse could he.!?

No one worried about Commons being an inbred fan or Barker for that matter, some people are just making far too much of it, it's hardly in the same hemisphere as someone like, say, Souness sigining Mo Johnston.

More to do with him not being good enough, the flag thing doesn't bother me at all actually.. He could of done a lot worse, he is a poor player with incredible speed. He would offer us the same option that Theo Robinson currently does (infact Theo has a better record at this level) and he is much younger, and perhaps can work on himself.. not to mention probably on half or even less than what Tyson would want.

Just a matter of time my friend. Rumour has it that billy has been given a new deal and a somewhat sizeable transfer kitty to play with over the summer. Onwards and upwards and all that!

Funny that, Johnny Red says there are rumours that he getting the boot, who knows

For me,

He's not particularly important. I don't hate him. I can't even be arsed to pantomine boo him. I just don't like him for his flag waving. Your probably right, it is petty. But it annoyed me at the time and now i don't want him here. I don't wish anything bad on him. I don't begrudge him any success. I just don't like him. I'd imagine you'd be pretty annoyed if Derby signed Shawcross?

Plus now Boycie pointed out Forest not even had his best years..... well, he's 29. It's his peak!?

But really i'm not sure about our current obsession with pace. Are we going to end up with a really fast team with poor movement who can't win a header or 50/50 tackle?

Forget Tyson. Isn't Moussi out of contract? ;)

Think you will have to wait a few more years to get billy back ;) We wouldnt be daft enough to let someone that good leave!

Well we'll see when either of the two "top" Jock jobs come up again, besides, he's nearly walked on a number of occasions due to your transfer policy and Mr Pleat hasn't he?, p.s. we really wouldn't want him back in any way shape or form.

Can I get my season ticket money back if Tyson signs?

Surely our board are aware of how the fans viewed his antics at the *hity Ground. This has to be one of the most out of touch with the fans signings ever. Some players can cross the divide as they didn't taunt the fans but others, including Tyson, shouldn't even contemplate it! Whatever next, Billy to make a return as Nigel's right hand man?

I was on the train to palace earlier in the season with mr Gluck and we were discussing this potential move for Tyson, which he confirmed we were interested in him, I said to him that if Tyson was to sign then he should expect possible backlash from the fans!! I still think that will be the case and even the potential downfall of gse

I personally don't want the player, don't think he is that good and has too much history with rams fans, as far as I'm concerned he can take his flag, stick it up his Gary glitter and take a long walk through the river Trent with concrete boots on

We do not want Tyson at this club!

I was on the train to palace earlier in the season with mr Gluck and we were discussing this potential move for Tyson, which he confirmed we were interested in him, I said to him that if Tyson was to sign then he should expect possible backlash from the fans!! I still think that will be the case and even the potential downfall of gse

I personally don't want the player, don't think he is that good and has too much history with rams fans, as far as I'm concerned he can take his flag, stick it up his Gary glitter and take a long walk through the river Trent with concrete boots on

Bit harsh :D

Anyone who thinks that Tyson wouldn't improve our squad is having a laugh, at the moment pretty much anyone would "improve" our squad.

Why should there be any sort of "back lash" with the fans? Maybe with the Danny dyers of the club who think they are "well up for it"....jokers....he waved a flag....wow....hang him...he has no "history" with the fans, I doubt he even remembers the flag waving.....and how is siginign him going to bring about the downfall of GSE..? Crazy talk...if that had been me, and I had been playing on the winning side in a derby game, I would have been milking it for every penny, as would everyone else.

He crossed the line! I understand him doing the flag wave, but I personally think it was worse than savages penalty incident!! He wouldn't improve the squad much at all, ask forest fans. Hevplays well against derby, that is all!!!

If he was a real quality player then yeah have him but he isn't that good so wouldn't bother!

And I'm sure as hell he remembers waving it, I have a friend who plays for forest, and trust me, he remembers it!

He also remembers his bust up with save on the same day!!!!

You say he "crossed the line" but you "understand him doing the flag wave"......can you mean both.?

He didn't cross any line...he waved a little flag.....and it was nowhere near as bad as Savage diving for the penalty and then celebrating, nowhere near.

The one thing I do agree with you is that he isnt that good, he is just OK, but we have no one better at the moment, I would definitely take him, but only after I had tried to get Earnshaw...

You say he "crossed the line" but you "understand him doing the flag wave"......can you mean both.?

He didn't cross any line...he waved a little flag.....and it was nowhere near as bad as Savage diving for the penalty and then celebrating, nowhere near.

The one thing I do agree with you is that he isnt that good, he is just OK, but we have no one better at the moment, I would definitely take him, but only after I had tried to get Earnshaw...

I would say all our strikers are better, he is very similar to Robinson who everyone seems to be-rate yet Robinson has a better goal record in this division than tyson does.

I just can't see how he would make us better, he is nothing more than a 5 goal max season striker.

Well at present we have Robinson who on what I have seen is raw at best, Davies who has a worse record than Tyson, and Ward who mainly has been used on the wing.

So surely he is better than the options we have at the moment, the bigger debate that Swiss cheese quite rightly points out, are there better players out there at present that are available, and whilst the answer to this is yes, I would like to know how we are going to afford these.

A 20+ goal a season striker does not come cheaply, if this player became available then if would cost big bucks either in a transfer fee or in wages, and then we would face competition with I guess around 10 other teams.

So maybe what clough is doing is getting a number of different strikers to give him options when plan a does not work, this could be 4/5 players who only score 5-10 goals per season.....just a thought

If we have no better, then consider the negative impact on the dressing room by signing him. Unfortunately our striking options are not good and need to improve but Tyson would possibly cause unrest both in the dressing room and on the terraces. I have renewed only 4 of my 6 season tickets and Mr Glick will be refunding my other 4 if we sign Tyson, this is how strongly I feel about his antics at Forest and also his actions on the team bus outside Pride Park which were disgraceful.

Archived