Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

Well at present we have Robinson who on what I have seen is raw at best, Davies who has a worse record than Tyson, and Ward who mainly has been used on the wing.

So surely he is better than the options we have at the moment, the bigger debate that Swiss cheese quite rightly points out, are there better players out there at present that are available, and whilst the answer to this is yes, I would like to know how we are going to afford these.

A 20+ goal a season striker does not come cheaply, if this player became available then if would cost big bucks either in a transfer fee or in wages, and then we would face competition with I guess around 10 other teams.

So maybe what clough is doing is getting a number of different strikers to give him options when plan a does not work, this could be 4/5 players who only score 5-10 goals per season.....just a thought

past 3 seasons both players in the championship..

Tyson 59 starts 43 sub appearances.. 9 goals

SDavies 29 starts 28 sub appearances.. 9 goals.

I can see what you mean, Tyson has a much better record than Davies.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
past 3 seasons both players in the championship..

Tyson 59 starts 43 sub appearances.. 9 goals

SDavies 29 starts 28 sub appearances.. 9 goals.

I can see what you mean, Tyson has a much better record than Davies.

Tyson 1 goal in 3.67, Davies 1 in 8 throughout his career

However my point still remains, he is better than nothing, if we have other better options then great

Tyson 1 goal in 3.67, Davies 1 in 8 throughout his career

However my point still remains, he is better than nothing, if we have other better options then great

I don't think you can count the goals Tyson scored in league two, surely that's unfair on Davies otherwise you could say that Matt Tubbs is currently the best striker in the world for his 44 league goals. I was pointing out they have both played in the championship in the past 3 years, both have had spells on the wing and upfront and both have the same amount of goals to show their worth, yet SDavies has played 40 odd games less.

IMO S.Davies has the potential to have an excellent season if he gets a thorough pre-season.

I believe he can be a very good player for us, get his match sharpness back and keep training him upfront and he has the potential to score between 15-20, watched his header against Norwich.. in the same class as a Steve Howard (back in the day) put that with his ability he has on the floor, he certainly could be someone to look out for.

I believe he can be a very good player for us, get his match sharpness back and keep training him upfront and he has the potential to score between 15-20, watched his header against Norwich.. in the same class as a Steve Howard (back in the day) put that with his ability he has on the floor, he certainly could be someone to look out for.

Maybe he can be, but if you look at the Rams attack over the past few years we have not been blessed with strikers, I still beleive to be successful at this level you need several striking options, at no point did I say if I think Davies is good or not, or can do a job for us.

when was the last time we had more than 3 strikers on the books, that were fit or not loans ?

Maybe he can be, but if you look at the Rams attack over the past few years we have not been blessed with strikers, I still beleive to be successful at this level you need several striking options, at no point did I say if I think Davies is good or not, or can do a job for us.

when was the last time we had more than 3 strikers on the books, that were fit or not loans ?

When we was in the premiership? we had Howard, Earnshaw, Miller, Macken. I think 11 points flattered us!

We had at least three in the Prem' (Miller, Earnshaw & Howard come to mind quite quickly).

I suspect our first season back in the Champs' we had three, although I'm struggling to name one besides Hulse. Ellington on loan, Davies & Dickinson? Does this count - lol.

I've got to ask - what did he do on the bus?

He made rather suggestive motions with one of his hands which were observed by children as well as to the adults who it was probably meant to be directed at. I reported the incident to the police, they claimed that it was being filmed and action would be taken if they identified the player. I told them who it was and provided them with my contact details as a witness to the incident. The guy could of incited a riot, similar to his earlier flag waving episode.

He made rather suggestive motions with one of his hands which were observed by children as well as to the adults who it was probably meant to be directed at. I reported the incident to the police, they claimed that it was being filmed and action would be taken if they identified the player. I told them who it was and provided them with my contact details as a witness to the incident. The guy could of incited a riot, similar to his earlier flag waving episode.

Like the 'coffee bean shake' (for us oldies).

Makes me wonder why he would come to us tbh - surely someone else might want him.

Not sure I'd like him here - like someone else said - we've got Pearo for pace with no end product and he's not young is he?

Archived