Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SillyBilly

Talk about underwhelming signings if this goes through. Some defenders have a goal scoring record better than that.

He

unfortunately he only plays well against us, he has a terrible injury record as well which is exactly what we don't need. He is a cast off from forest and he isn't an experienced successful championship player.

He has played over 300 games at the age of 29. Hardly a terrible injury record. I'm not exactly jumping for joy at this potential signing, but every game I've seen him play for Forest has been as a winger, which makes his scoring record more respectable.

I don't care where he comes from as long as we get better than the dross served up in the last few seasons, our side has lacked pace and you need lots of different options in today's games. I guess we are also looking at him as he is in our budget range

Rather have that McCleary though.

McCleary was playing for Bromley FC then before that Slough Town FC in 2008. I'm not using that against him now and wouldn't back in 08 either, but at Derby there are some fans who look at a players past history and if they don't play in the Championship they are instantly 'Non League Nigel's favourite buys'/'Non League rubbish' etc. Aside from his history, this season McCleary has played in 19 games, 7 of them starts and has scored 2 goals. Then if I use Young Rams favoured technique of pointing out flaws, he has played in 100 games for Forest (Forest's official site statistics) and has scored 4 goals. Hardly a decent return from a winger/striker, that's nearly on par with Pearson's 4 goals in 125 games return!

McCleary was playing for Bromley FC then before that Slough Town FC in 2008. I'm not using that against him now and wouldn't back in 08 either, but at Derby there are some fans who look at a players past history and if they don't play in the Championship they are instantly 'Non League Nigel's favourite buys'/'Non League rubbish' etc. Aside from his history, this season McCleary has played in 19 games, 7 of them starts and has scored 2 goals. Then if I use Young Rams favoured technique of pointing out flaws, he has played in 100 games for Forest (Forest's official site statistics) and has scored 4 goals. Hardly a decent return from a winger/striker, that's nearly on par with Pearson's 4 goals in 125 games return!

What are his assists? I thought he looked dangerous when I've seen him, haven't seen much of him though (or Tyson for that matter) so you're (and YR) probably right. Still, Tyson has that pace Clough has been looking for.

McCleary is only 24.

Part of the reason why Tyson struggles to produce any end product is that he's very rarely with any player that can keep up with him. Remember when he burst forward against Swansea, only to find that Tudgay was the only Forst player near him, about 20 yards behind.

With players like Robinson in our team, Tyson might finally have someone up there to pass to, and vice versa with Robinson.

Ssausagehorpe built their survival on speedy couter-attacking away from home, we're always pretty shoddy away from home, with Tyson/Robinson/Ward we'll be quite suited to running at teams when breaking.

Despite the fact i'm not that happy with Tyson coming, his scoring record isn't as bad as Pearsons and he's looked alright at times this season. Lets give him a chance first.

He

He has played over 300 games at the age of 29. Hardly a terrible injury record. I'm not exactly jumping for joy at this potential signing, but every game I've seen him play for Forest has been as a winger, which makes his scoring record more respectable.

how many of those are subs and how many games has he played for forest. I am not writing him off but he hasn't played a massive part in forest's play off push because he wasn't deemed good enough for a promotion pushing squad, so if he was deemed not good enough for them why for us? he has pace (by the way, what is this addiction of importance of pace at the moment? oakley wasn't pacey neither was howard) but he has precious little else, he plays well against us but that is about it. Lee croft also ripped forest apart at the city ground 2 seasons ago.

What are his assists? I thought he looked dangerous when I've seen him, haven't seen much of him though (or Tyson for that matter) so you're (and YR) probably right. Still, Tyson has that pace Clough has been looking for.

McCleary is only 24.

According to imScouting, he has one assist this/last season. I can't find anything else but that isn't great when your playing for a team pushing/failing for promotion.

He was in the starting line up in a play off game, surely that's an improvement on the current squad we have, don't get me wrong he was a total cock 4 his flag waving escapades but he would improve our squad n maybe score goals, COYR!!!!

Living in Snottinghamshire i'm surrounded by red dogs and most of my friends are Florist fans. They believe he's abit like Commons ,remember them saying "he'll be good 1 game in every 4". On his day lethal but on other occasions a waste of space.

who would i rather? nugent, sharp, graham, austin any of these and more besides, rickie lambert. I would say grant holt, which is what i said last year but now he is in the prem. I would be an improvement on porter in the fact that i am fit a month per season.

I am not writing him off but he hasn't played a massive part in forest's play off push because he wasn't deemed good enough for a promotion pushing squad, so if he was deemed not good enough for them why for us?

Maybe that is where they have gone wrong!!

Archived