Theo Robinson - Millwall

Srg

I don't know much about Theo Robinson, but sometimes you just get a feeling about a player and Theo is one of them.

He's a handsome, young, athletic looking man and i just know he's going to have a positive effect at DCFC. Ben Pringle will no longer be the autograph the ladies look for, Theo Robinson is in town.

We're gonna win tonight, Robinson will score. Ward with the assist!

Bad news, and good news

Lets start with the good xD

(once he moved on from huddersfield i'm clueless)

he was at huddersfield for a few seasons, and quickly became a fan favourite, his pro's = works hards, good at winning balls, scoring difficult chances. his con's = he constantly misses the extremely easy goals :L

my favourite was when the goalie put the ball down to kick out, he runs in from behind and nicks it then shoots at a clear,empty goal and it ends up closer to the corner flag :L

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

If we stick with the 4:2:3:1 (please) then i think Jamie Ward will find himself playing as one of the attacking 3 midfielders. Same with Tyson.

Signing all 3 will do us no harm, will certainly offer up competition with the 4 most attacking spots.

Most will disagree but i think Robinson has bags of potential. A youngster can learn how to neaten his touch on the ball and how to shoot on target. Don't think the rest of his game needs much more at the moment. I've read comments about his lack of awareness about making space for himself but i think in the games i've seen him play, he's been fine with that.

IMO Robinson is pretty awful.

Pearson 2 if you like.

Pace isn't enough imo. You at least need a decent touch and football brain to make any use of it. Unless Robinson can add those two to his game he'll not be much use. IF he can add a decent touch to his game then i'd like to see Derby take a punt. I like his attitude and his energy. But the frustration of watching him stand Off-side and his second touch always being a tackle makes me glad he's a Millwall player for now.

IMO Robinson is pretty awful.

Pearson 2 if you like.

Pace isn't enough imo. You at least need a decent touch and football brain to make any use of it. Unless Robinson can add those two to his game he'll not be much use. IF he can add a decent touch to his game then i'd like to see Derby take a punt. I like his attitude and his energy. But the frustration of watching him stand Off-side and his second touch always being a tackle makes me glad he's a Millwall player for now.

In the short of it, we agree, but you make it longer by choosing to be negative.

A positive outlook would see his chasing down and making good runs, and persevere with the weaker things like his touch and shot.

I know, as a person who plays football occasionally, that if you've not played for a while your touch deserts you and you lose your shooting ability.

Robinson has had a long lay off.

An early summer (like Commons/Davies and others did last year) pre season where he works on these skills will benefit him massively. Bit of skill work, bit of fitness work.

Sign him up!

Archived