Theo Robinson - Millwall

Srg

Back onto talking about Theo,

I think he dud better today with his first touch, some good control and a good run and a decent shot.

Definite potential.

Yeah...sorry, forgot this was a thread about theo :D

I think it has to be the case that if there is a chance the lad could be here next season then it would seem the moral thing to do to give the lad the chance too. He had been out with an injury and not many games (Which we all know Daveo pointed out earlier).

If the fans maintained that same attitude (like yourself Davenport) then we could be treated to watching someone turn out to be a useful aquisition (<--Spelled Wrong). Obviously not expecting him to be better than sliced bread (<--Although Over-Rated) but just giving him the support he probably needs as a young lad in some intense times for a club.

He didn't settle in Millwall so they've lost him. Let's at least encourage the lad to settle here.

COYR!!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah...sorry, forgot this was a thread about theo :D

I think it has to be the case that if there is a chance the lad could be here next season then it would seem the moral thing to do to give the lad the chance too. He had been out with an injury and not many games (Which we all know Daveo pointed out earlier).

If the fans maintained that same attitude (like yourself Davenport) then we could be treated to watching someone turn out to be a useful aquisition (<--Spelled Wrong). Obviously not expecting him to be better than sliced bread (<--Although Over-Rated) but just giving him the support he probably needs as a young lad in some intense times for a club.

He didn't settle in Millwall so they've lost him. Let's at least encourage the lad to settle here.

COYR!!

Some sense by both you and Davenport. The thing with Robinson and Ward both of them have not played all too much for their respective sides for one reason or another. What you are seeing with both of them is the fact training in a team where they are wanted, game time on the pitch and hard work on their parts we are seeing two young players who could become quite exciting with a decent pre-season with the opportunity to play games next year. After yesterdays performance think we have right midfielder in ward growing into the position as his work rate was really good. In robinson we have a striker who is liked 'greased weasel ****' who is starting to be able to control the ball at speed. These are two young players who can make a difference and are better than we have (as a starting point).

Some sense by both you and Davenport. The thing with Robinson and Ward both of them have not played all too much for their respective sides for one reason or another. What you are seeing with both of them is the fact training in a team where they are wanted, game time on the pitch and hard work on their parts we are seeing two young players who could become quite exciting with a decent pre-season with the opportunity to play games next year. After yesterdays performance think we have right midfielder in ward growing into the position as his work rate was really good. In robinson we have a striker who is liked 'greased weasel ****' who is starting to be able to control the ball at speed. These are two young players who can make a difference and are better than we have (as a starting point).

Agreed. Robinson has potential and is a good squad player. Give the kid time.

Robinson reminds me of a player that will not score for a month, then score 10 the next. He seems to get in 4-5 positions a game and when his confidence is up he will put the ball in the net, when he isn't confident it'll hit anywhere but the onion bag!

I just can't see it. Had a couple of decent touches on Saturday but I've seen nothing that suggests that he can cut it at this level.

As I've mentioned before on this forum, you can tell that some players have 'it' - whatever 'it' is. They have a reasonable touch, and you can tell they've played at a reasonable standard before - even Ben Davies and (stop laughing) Gareth Roberts.

If we're serious about doing well next season, he can't be a regular in the team.

Not a big fan of Robinson. Think he's a decent League 1 player.

But have to admit of Saturday he was pretty good. Carrying the ball forward gave us some welcome relief. Apart from Ward, the rest of the side seemed unable to carry the ball. Constantly looking for S Davies got a bit boring. At least Ward and Robinson had some ideas. They made Ben Davies look poor though. His game in open play was a bit pedestrian. If he had offered half of what Ward was offering on the other side then Coventry would of been beaten.

I thought bringing Robinson on was a good substitution at a good time.

More of this from him please!!

There was more for you last night Alpha. I think that Theo will be a decent player in time- looks to get on the ball in good positions, has done well on the left side of attack in the last two games when he has come on. He is still a bit raw but I would be chuffed if we did sign him. The only downside is that he is not the finished article so won't (hopefully) be first choice for a while and I have heard that he throws his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get many starts.

Was frankly utterly embarrassing tonight! I laughed at his shocking control EVERY time he got the ball and shinned it out of play.

He has done nothing to prove he is good enough to play at this level.

I really hope we don't sign him, and if we consider it why don't we just sign a 100m sprinter, he might have more skill.

Was frankly utterly embarrassing tonight! I laughed at his shocking control EVERY time he got the ball and shinned it out of play.

He has done nothing to prove he is good enough to play at this level.

I really hope we don't sign him, and if we consider it why don't we just sign a 100m sprinter, he might have more skill.

Apart from the last 2 home games where his control and touch were far greater than tonight. Maybe he us destined to be a sub at this level, or maybe with the right coaching he can become more consistent.

Apart from the last 2 home games where his control and touch were far greater than tonight. Maybe he us destined to be a sub at this level, or maybe with the right coaching he can become more consistent.

There something about him I like, but I don't know what lol.

He seems to be abit like Wanchope, in the sense if it didn't come off he looked like he never was going to be a footballer.

He still young, and a raw talent. If he commands a £200k transfer fee say, I think we should buy him.

I don't get it.

He did his trademark gazelle run down the field followed by scuff shot again last night. Backs out of tackles (apart from the one at the start when he chased the keeper down), generally runs around to look busy.

I admit he has got slightly better since he joined, but he's done nothing to suggest he's a Championship player. Our friends down the road have Earnshaw, Blackstock etc - he's not in the same league. But the problem is, he's playing in the same league!

Young striker, 22 years old and started 4 games on loan at a new club. The kid needs time.

He could be camera shy and I'm not surprised by that wonky mohican, did Sav do it whilst blindfolded the other day?

Young striker, 22 years old and started 4 games on loan at a new club. The kid needs time.

He could be camera shy and I'm not surprised by that wonky mohican, did Sav do it whilst blindfolded the other day?

First place Theo should go is Specsavers, he must have a problem looking sideways:confused:

I think he did alright, cant remember his touch being that bad his run down the right was good however his touch just before he shot was woeful hopefully Nige will get him to start looking up and improving his touch, we need players like Theo he never looks like he will get tired or stop running he never gives defenders a moments rest must be a horrible player to play against if your a defender if he gets a yard on you, you have got no chance to catch him, you would be just praying he does his trade mark wild shot!

He is only 22 and I'm sure he has time on his side to improve his game

We need him for next season.

With Roberts suddenly looking solid we could well end up without a "Gary Teale" in the squad.

We must have someone to boo.

Personally, i think he's worth a punt. Liked his debut at Sheff U and thought he did ok in his sub appearences against Cov and Leeds. Not great last night but has promise.

For how much it would cost in fees and wages I would take him for 12 months and see what happens.

Archived