Theo Robinson - Millwall

Srg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe if he had money to spend he'd be looking for some one already proven.

Why state now, before the season has finished that he wants Robinson.

If Clough will have some funds for next season, why not use them to try for something better first ?

It is positive to my way of thinking, positive for The Rams, its only negetive in your way:)

But Nige is in charge of Derby and he thinks Theo will be a positive buy for Derby :confused:

Hey I thought Robinson was a complete bag of wan k when he missed the open net on Saturday but I can see the positve's in him and as can Nige so will keep supporting him, hope he score's some more winners like he did against Sheff U and hope he always get's into the position's to have shot's at goal(ish) like he did on Saturday.

In the short of it, we agree, but you make it longer by choosing to be negative.

A positive outlook would see his chasing down and making good runs, and persevere with the weaker things like his touch and shot.

I know, as a person who plays football occasionally, that if you've not played for a while your touch deserts you and you lose your shooting ability.

Robinson has had a long lay off.

An early summer (like Commons/Davies and others did last year) pre season where he works on these skills will benefit him massively. Bit of skill work, bit of fitness work.

Sign him up!

I wasn't being negative mate.

Just saying all he has right now is pace. Pace isn't enough. That's just how i see it.

I'm not saying i don't want to see more of him. Not saying the potential isn't there. Just that on his current performances he doesn't add anything that S Davies, Porter and Ward haven't got.

Happy to give him time. Wont bother me if we sign him.

All i was saying is what he HAS. That's not negative. That's an observation.

I don't hold a negative view on the club mate. I don't see what more anyone outside the investors could do to get us motoring. And i don't see any other investors ready to do a better job.

I'm fairly happy right now. We're staying up!! :)

I wasn't being negative mate.

Just saying all he has right now is pace. Pace isn't enough. That's just how i see it.

I'm not saying i don't want to see more of him. Not saying the potential isn't there. Just that on his current performances he doesn't add anything that S Davies, Porter and Ward haven't got.

Happy to give him time. Wont bother me if we sign him.

All i was saying is what he HAS. That's not negative. That's an observation.

I don't hold a negative view on the club mate. I don't see what more anyone outside the investors could do to get us motoring. And i don't see any other investors ready to do a better job.

I'm fairly happy right now. We're staying up!! :)

S.Davies is a bulky, get an header type player. Well, he is at the moment. No idea what he's like with a full pre season behind him and no injuries. Really like S.Davies, he's a fighter. Not at all like Robinson.

Porter is in the same mould as S.Davies, but isn't really up for the fight. Isn't as strong. Does win headers but they don't really threaten the opposition. Which is a massive shame, without his hip problem he looked dangerous. With it, he lacks confidence. Doesn't look as hungry.

Quite like Ward as part of the attacking 3 midfielders. Didn't see much working out for him in the 4:4:2, like most of the forward players, was chasing long balls. In a 4:2:3:1, he offers support defensively as well as offensively and looked like he was enjoying himself in that position (against Swansea).

Robinson or Davies looked comfortable as the lone striker, feeding off balls from Bueno. Shame we won't have him next season, but i'm hoping we replace him during the close season. Otherwise (which isn't a bad thing) we're looking at Ward, Green and B.Davies to fill that creative area. I'm in the not given up on B.Davies camp, and think he can offer us something there.

Robinson will find his touch. If he stays i for one will be happy about it, looks like he's happy here and think he will blossom.

4:2:3:1 will be back, it worked so well initially.

S.Davies is a bulky, get an header type player. Well, he is at the moment. No idea what he's like with a full pre season behind him and no injuries. Really like S.Davies, he's a fighter. Not at all like Robinson.

Porter is in the same mould as S.Davies, but isn't really up for the fight. Isn't as strong. Does win headers but they don't really threaten the opposition. Which is a massive shame, without his hip problem he looked dangerous. With it, he lacks confidence. Doesn't look as hungry.

Quite like Ward as part of the attacking 3 midfielders. Didn't see much working out for him in the 4:4:2, like most of the forward players, was chasing long balls. In a 4:2:3:1, he offers support defensively as well as offensively and looked like he was enjoying himself in that position (against Swansea).

Robinson or Davies looked comfortable as the lone striker, feeding off balls from Bueno. Shame we won't have him next season, but i'm hoping we replace him during the close season. Otherwise (which isn't a bad thing) we're looking at Ward, Green and B.Davies to fill that creative area. I'm in the not given up on B.Davies camp, and think he can offer us something there.

Robinson will find his touch. If he stays i for one will be happy about it, looks like he's happy here and think he will blossom.

4:2:3:1 will be back, it worked so well initially.

If Clough is talking about having 5 or 6 strikers then I bet it wont. It worked with Commons and Burno neither of whom will be here next season and I cant see us signing that type of flair player again, Clough is talking about solid championship players.

Clough wanted 5 or 6 strikers last year i remember. We knew we was going to play 4-2-3-1.

We need strikers who are interchangeable. Van Persie/Walcott/Arshavin.

Van Persie is the target man at times (S.Davies)

Walcott offers the outlet and pace on the counter attack(Robinson)

Arshavin is the tricky little man who can create out of nothing such as Commons.

You need 3 strikers in 4-2-3-1. So 5 is what you need for a season.

I know this isn't a thread about Addison BUT I know emj will never agree but I think under Jewell he played well in CM with Green and think he will be a really good partner for Bailly he aint ever going to be spraying 40 yard pass's or through balls for strikers to run onto but he breaks up play well and and is good at short simole pass's, so I would really like to see 4-2-3-1 next season with Addison and Bailly as the holding two.

Gah! I'm happy believing we're going to play 4231!!

442 is rapidly being outdated. Man Utd are the only side who i ever really see use a flat 442 and still dominate matches. They still use old fashioned wing play... can't believe they make it work!

442 is just not adaptable! It's a rigid horrible formation.

I know this isn't a thread about Addison BUT I know emj will never agree but I think under Jewell he played well in CM with Green and think he will be a really good partner for Bailly he aint ever going to be spraying 40 yard pass's or through balls for strikers to run onto but he breaks up play well and and is good at short simole pass's, so I would really like to see 4-2-3-1 next season with Addison and Bailly as the holding two.

They were so good in there we won the midfield battle and won loads of matches and were sitting high up the league

Archived