Theo Robinson - Millwall

Srg

For me he only has pace. His touch, finishing an overall awareness is pretty poor.

If we did sign him if would be a punt. I'd rather take that tranfer/fee wages and spend elsewhere. If we are going to challenge top 6 next year, it'd be best by signing players who dont need to learn pretty basic stuff over the summer.

Hopefully the guy will make it at this level someday, but if its not with us, I wont lose any sleep!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You shouldn't need to learn the basics at 22. That is where he is at. His touch needs more than a few hours at Moor Farm to sort out.

I think for the right price, he will make a fine impact sub for the last 10 minutes against tired legs. With a view to improving him over 2 or 3 years to be a regular starting player. If he's not there after that time, no significant loss, just let him go.

I agree with a previous post. I watch league 2 football and he would rip teams apart - he could run through a defence and be so close to the goal he wouldn't have to worry about his bad finishing. But I can't see that he has what it takes against intelligent defenders.

i agree with the fact he's quick....

but i also agree with the facts that he's 22,and shouldnt be 'learning the basics' ....with us next season ? and at qpr he showed no touch, no 'vision', and not much shooting ability...

I'm sure Milwall will want to recoup some of the money they spent, and depending on that fee and his wage demands, i would be careful if i were NC, but, alot depends on who WANTS to join in the summer....

After NC's now well documented stropps, stuborness,and penchant for quoting to the press about a players shortcomings, some may choose Barnsley or Ipswich, or the shining light at Brighton......

Needs to work on his composure and touch. The one where he skipped past the last defender, he had Davies open in the middle for a tap in off a pull back. Instead his first touch after getting around the defender was poor and he panicked, firing wildly wide.

I just hope we get Ward, he's really coming good. Lovely bit of skill to set up Pearson for his chance.

I think he is alright, certainly not a write off. He looks a threat and showed he has a big engine, very much an impact player.

a much better option than Tyson IMO.

I'm guessing (certainly hoping) this is your heart ruling your head.

If we're serious about being a top 6 club, he'll be an 80th minute impact player at the very most. As I've said in a previous post, look at the strikers the top teams have - he doesn't even come close to them. I think the same about Porter but he doesn't get picked.

He came here as an emergency loan - if Moore or Kuqi had stayed I suspect Clough would have gone nowhere near him, but we were in need of a body. As someone has already said, learning the basics at 22 isn't good enough, and he still needs basic training on how to kick the ball on target - that's not me being nasty, that's plain fact.

He'd run lower league teams ragged but he won't against good defenders, as we have seen.

Upfront is the area that requires urgent attention, and he is not the solution to our problems.

I'm guessing (certainly hoping) this is your heart ruling your head.

If we're serious about being a top 6 club, he'll be an 80th minute impact player at the very most. As I've said in a previous post, look at the strikers the top teams have - he doesn't even come close to them. I think the same about Porter but he doesn't get picked.

Impact sub for last 10 minutes is something we don't currently have.

Someone who will chase into the corners and give is an outball when defending a lead, like he did against Leeds.

Even in that role he could be a useful addition.

Someone who will chase into the corners and give is an outball when defending a lead, like he did against Leeds.

He also missed a one on one against Sheff Utd at 1-0 (which, had we not been winning, could have completely changed our season), and another golden opportunity against Swansea.

I'd be happy to give him time were we not looking at the top 6 next year (as per the board's ambitions). If we are I can't see how he fits.

He also missed a one on one against Sheff Utd at 1-0 (which, had we not been winning, could have completely changed our season), and another golden opportunity against Swansea.

I'd be happy to give him time were we not looking at the top 6 next year (as per the board's ambitions). If we are I can't see how he fits.

Bit ironic as he had scored the goal and created the chance out of nothing.

We could find a big bloke who's quick off the street to do what you've said above. Why spend money on someone who's guna add nothing to the side.

We could find a big bloke who's quick off the street to do what you've said above. Why spend money on someone who's guna add nothing to the side.

If it was that easy why havent we done it yet?

Kuqi the saviour didnt show great finishing skills all the time did he?

On occasion his passing went a stray.

He ran around alot, chased the long ball and his control was more consistent than Robinsons.

However, in his last 2 sub appearances and against Sheffield united Robinsons control of the ball and touch were much better than his other appearances. I know he missed a one-on-one agaisnt United and blew a chance against QPR, but how many did Kuqi miss in similar areas.

As a sub he has performed well and the areas he was criticsed for in matches he started were much better. He offered us what Kuqi offered, he just cant do it from the start of a game at the moment. Consistency of performance is what he needs to work on, and composure in the box (maybe trying too hard to impress?)

If it was that easy why havent we done it yet?

Kuqi the saviour didnt show great finishing skills all the time did he?

On occasion his passing went a stray.

He ran around alot, chased the long ball and his control was more consistent than Robinsons.

However, in his last 2 sub appearances and against Sheffield united Robinsons control of the ball and touch were much better than his other appearances. I know he missed a one-on-one agaisnt United and blew a chance against QPR, but how many did Kuqi miss in similar areas.

As a sub he has performed well and the areas he was criticsed for in matches he started were much better. He offered us what Kuqi offered, he just cant do it from the start of a game at the moment. Consistency of performance is what he needs to work on, and composure in the box (maybe trying too hard to impress?)

Kuqi is far better in the air than Robinson and brings other players into the game. Kuqi isnt the best finisher but that's not really his game, Robinson is quick and creates those openings yet has shown dire finishing. Add to the 2 you said above he missed a good chance at Palace and i cant remember the game but he blazed one over at home from about 10 yards out under no pressure, near the start of his loan spell. That's 4 very good chances and he hasnt even looked like scoring them. Robinson has generally got an awful touch, that's not something that will get better, it will always be inconsistent.

They're 2 very different players in my opinion and although Kuqi isnt brilliant, he's a far more useful player than Robinson. All he's guna offer us is pace, which can be useful but as he's shown, what's the point in having pace if you're not guna create anything with it.

If you have genuine pace then you don't even need that much ability to cause trouble. I just don't think Robinson has enough quality to go with that searing pace he has.

However if you have genuine pace AND ability then you are certainly out of our price range.

Kuqi is far better in the air than Robinson and brings other players into the game. Kuqi isnt the best finisher but that's not really his game, Robinson is quick and creates those openings yet has shown dire finishing. Add to the 2 you said above he missed a good chance at Palace and i cant remember the game but he blazed one over at home from about 10 yards out under no pressure, near the start of his loan spell. That's 4 very good chances and he hasnt even looked like scoring them. Robinson has generally got an awful touch, that's not something that will get better, it will always be inconsistent.

They're 2 very different players in my opinion and although Kuqi isnt brilliant, he's a far more useful player than Robinson. All he's guna offer us is pace, which can be useful but as he's shown, what's the point in having pace if you're not guna create anything with it.

His finishing can be worked on, he needs to be calmer in front of goal and if he gets a couple his confidence will soar. Ask a certain £50m striker at Chelsea about that. You are not correct when you say his control can not improve; that can improve on the training ground.What might be helpful to him is if the delivery of passes to him improves. He is most definitely raw, but there is enough there to work on.

His finishing can be worked on, he needs to be calmer in front of goal and if he gets a couple his confidence will soar. Ask a certain £50m striker at Chelsea about that. You are not correct when you say his control can not improve; that can improve on the training ground.What might be helpful to him is if the delivery of passes to him improves. He is most definitely raw, but there is enough there to work on.

If he hasnt mastered out to control a football on a consistent basis by now he never will, he just hasnt got the ability.

Archived