Paul Hayes - Preston North End

davenportram

I thought you could have as many loans as you want but only play upto 5 as part of your match day squad

Or has it changed again ?

See earlier thread we think bueno don't count towRds the 5 so we only have 4 ayala fielding Robinson and ward.

How long is Roberts out for anyway we haven't got a replacement or a centre forwRd so it's worst of all worlds

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preston manager Phil Brown has ruled out striker Paul Hayes joining any club currently fighting to avoid relegation from the Championship.

Hayes had been expected to complete a loan move to Derby, but with both sides struggling for survival Brown says it is a non-starter.

"Why should I benefit another club in and around where we are?," he told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"He'd only move if it was right for this football club."

Isn't Hayes outside the Preston first team picture at the moment? If so what harm can come from him playing for another team if he has a recall clause?

Although I understand the logic, it sounds a little spiteful from Brown - if he was so confident that Hayes would make a difference to our squad then surely the same could be said of Preston?

He can always replace Hayes with Dean Holdsworth!

With 13 games left we're 15 points ahead, judging from their current form it would take them 54 games to beat our current total. Dream on Phil if you think we're rivals with you

He's an idiot.

Considering that we have games against some of the teams down there, it would probably have been in their interests to help bolster our attack. Preston won't be catching us and they could have tried to help us beat some teams who actually are down there with them.

Pr1ck.

• 2 months later...

I thought it'd be silly to start a new thread, apparently Paul Hayes is in talks with a view to becoming a Derby player.

He isn't really highly thought of at Preston but highly thought of at Ssausagehorpe.. I've liked him when i've seen him in the past but I tend to listen to what the fans at the last club have to say and they're not liking him.

Wonder what went wrong this season at Preston, he was highly sought after by a few championship clubs last summer, after he won their player of the year at Scunny last season and set up loads of goals for Hooper.

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~2046453,00.html

At 5'11, He is not the batttering Ram type, more a second striker type, he is more noted for his neat link up play, and according to these scunny fans on this site he is best suited to playing behind a pacy intelligent striker,( Ward ?)

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=426&fid=204&act=1&mid=2119813303

Seems like he diden't settle in well at PNE and playing with Parkin diden't suit him.

Here is another profile

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/hayes.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that the "two strikers" is Maguire and someone, not two entirely new strikers...

...or I have misread something.

Either way it looks like its going to be Waghorn and Maguire, not Waghorn and Iwelumo.

I read as 2 on top if Macguire, who is already our player. He has signed a contract with us from when the Aberdeen one runs out. The fact the fee isn't agreed I'd irrelevant, that's what's the tribunal system is for.

Edit: having reread the article on dcfc.co.uk Maguire isn't mention as one of those already complete so you're probably right.

Archived