Paul Hayes - Preston North End

davenportram

Preston have a smaller wage bill than us, plus a salary cap of 5k, this is coming from a preston fan but he said the chairman made it public knowledge of this wage cap, they're also trying to reduce their wage budget down to 4-5million, means St Ledger amongst others will be allowed to move on and none of their players are on more than 5,000 pw.

Right then ( sod getting Hayes ) let's get st ledger in instead we need some proven chapionship defenders!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County have agreed a deal to bring in striker Paul Hayes on loan – but not in time for tonight's home game against in-form Hull City.

The paperwork is due to be completed tomorrow and Hayes' loan will run until the end of the season.

The 27-year-old is in Preston North End's squad for their Championship clash with Nottingham Forest at the City Ground this evening.

Another of Derby's loan signings, Jamie Ward, partnered Steve Davies up front in Saturday's goalless draw against Ssausagehorpe but the Rams are keen to bolster their attacking options further.

"He (Hayes) would be another striking option," said manager Nigel Clough ahead of Hull's visit to Pride Park Stadium (7.45pm).

"We are aware Steven Davies might have a dip after coming back from a long-term injury and he looked a bit more tired on Saturday.

"Jamie Ward is not going to be available for the Sheffield United game, the club he is on loan from, and Chris Porter has not been banging the goals in, so we could do with as many options as possible up front.

"We feel he (Hayes) is our sort of player, an intelligent player, and he has always done well against us.

"Despite having a few forwards at the moment, I would not say any are in great form or fully fit."

Hayes enjoyed a fruitful striking partnership with Gary Hooper at Ssausagehorpe last season but he has failed to win a regular place at Preston following his move on a free transfer in the summer.

He has played 18 games for Preston and scored three goals. He has figured as a substitute in the last two matches but spent a loan spell at Barnsley earlier this season, where he failed to score in seven appearances.

Derby's search for more new faces is unlikely to end with Hayes.

"We are still looking and we are asking for a couple more, one as defensive cover and another forward," said Clough."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/football/Rams-line-tie-Hayes-loan-deal/article-3248422-detail/article.html

Someone on another thread said RD say it's been put on hold while we find a goalkeeper. Pity, really as he seemed a bit different.

Mind you, typical men who can't manage to sort out 2 things at once:D

It said on the BBC that it's shelved because of an injury to Roberts. So, because the left back was injured all that talk about needing an intelligent front man in Hayes is no longer relevent, eh?

It's complete b0ll0cks all this talk about money not being an issue. Clearly it is and I don't know who's the more stupid - GSE for saying it or fans for believing / defending them.

It said on the BBC that it's shelved because of an injury to Roberts. So, because the left back was injured all that talk about needing an intelligent front man in Hayes is no longer relevent, eh?

It's complete b0ll0cks all this talk about money not being an issue. Clearly it is and I don't know who's the more stupid - GSE for saying it or fans for believing / defending them.

Is it not down to the amount of loans we can have at the same time, after Fielding we can only bring one more loan in and a left back is seen as being more important than another striker.

I would have to agree as we're not that light uptop now.

Or NC for selling our back up left back for "footballing reasons" with no time to bring in a replacement?

Or NC for selling our back up left back for "footballing reasons" with no time to bring in a replacement?

Yep, good point. It puts us back into that argument as to whether 'footballing reasons' REALLY means 'I've got no budget'?

Say I'm on a restricted wage budget and I need to boost sales more than I need to do to develop a new product right here and now. Ideally I'd like to be able to do both, because there's long-term implications of not doing so, but the lack of investment capital forces me to choose.

As a result, I have to make a design engineer redundant in order to fund the recruitment of a salesman. It can be argued that I do so for business development reasons - without actually saying I haven't got the cash to employ both. See the point?

ps - didn't think about the limit on loans to be honest.

Is it not down to the amount of loans we can have at the same time, after Fielding we can only bring one more loan in and a left back is seen as being more important than another striker.

I would have to agree as we're not that light uptop now.

I thought you could have as many loans as you want but only play upto 5 as part of your match day squad

Or has it changed again ?

Archived