Paul Hayes - Preston North End

davenportram

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I deliberately ommited 5 of them- Pringle, Anderson, Doyle, Martin and Buxton.

Abbot and Costello I must admit I didnt think of:-)

Talking of first team players who are not always injured or reserves, I class 5 as part of that group.

Varney, I did forget, but wont get his chance here again sadly.

Pringle, Doyle, Martin and Buxton are all development/reserve players imo, with a year of good opportunities it may have been different, but none have shown that, or been given the chance when we changed formation.

Anderson doesnt have the body anymore I dont think to make any impact of consistantly long spells of play.

So, for me, 13 still;-)

It's alright to say we've got 13 players after you've left players like Buxton and Pringle out, but the club won't see it like that, the club will include every player whos made an appearance, no matter how good and injury prone they are, then they will say we've got enough players in the squad.

Clough does this when talking about strikers, he seems to think we had 4 strikers the other day, naming S. Davies, Porter, Cywka and Bueno, even though 2 are not strikers but can fill in if needed

It's alright to say we've got 13 players after you've left players like Buxton and Pringle out, but the club won't see it like that, the club will include every player whos made an appearance, no matter how good and injury prone they are, then they will say we've got enough players in the squad.

Clough does this when talking about strikers, he seems to think we had 4 strikers the other day, naming S. Davies, Porter, Cywka and Bueno, even though 2 are not strikers but can fill in if needed

I know, thats what worries me the most:frown:

As soon as you add them back in, it will be the usual "we are only 2-3 players off challenging for promotion..."

When in reality, it is more like 4-6 players, only a few more, I know, but that extra quality especially in depth over a long season makes all the difference.

I know, thats what worries me the most:frown:

As soon as you add them back in, it will be the usual "we are only 2-3 players off challenging for promotion..."

When in reality, it is more like 4-6 players, only a few more, I know, but that extra quality especially in depth over a long season makes all the difference.

You've got it spot on, they will say 2 or 3 when we would need around 6. Clough is obsessed with keeping a small squad, and I know injuries don't help but we haven't got a strong squad because we are constantly signing loan players to fill the void left by injured players.

We should have a strong, good sized squad, the likes of Pringle should be fighting to get on the bench, yet he's there every week because we've got no one else.

It amazes me how Clough has bought in Ben Davies, and more recently on loan Daniel Ayala and Jamie Ward, but he's after another striker (Hayes), another defender and a midfielder, so since the transfer window shut he's trying to secure 5 players on loan, why didn't the club make extra efforts to sign these players during January.

I don't like that word, tentative..

We are even playing a game when getting loans in, nevermind when we bid in for a player well under his value

Could simply be that we're interested in getting the same deal we have with Ward but Hayes may still have a future with Preston, so we "tentatively" enquire about Hayes availability.

Clough said:

"If they are not in a Championship 18, are they better than Steve Davies, Chris Porter, Alberto Bueno or Tomasz Cywka? That is the dilemma.

and then he have signed two crap players who are not in a 18 at the two shittest clubs in a league.

Looks like Clough is a muppet.

clough said:

"if they are not in a championship 18, are they better than steve davies, chris porter, alberto bueno or tomasz cywka? That is the dilemma.

And then he have signed two crap players who are not in a 18 at the two shittest clubs in a league.

Looks like clough is a muppet.

What some are thinking, you just come right out and say it!!!

Archived