Paul Hayes - Preston North End

davenportram

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Hayes-target-quest-reinforcements-goes/article-3234927-detail/article.html

PAUL Hayes is set to become Derby County's second loan signing in a matter of days.

The 27-year-old striker could arrive from Preston North End in time for Saturday's game against Ssausagehorpe United, his former club.

Hayes joined Preston on a free from Ssausagehorpe in the summer and had a loan spell at Barnsley earlier this season. He has scored three goals in 17 appearances for Preston but was part of a prolific partnership with Gary Hooper at Ssausagehorpe.

Striker Jamie Ward from Sheffield United and Liverpool defender Daniel Ayala have already joined Derby on loan until the end of the season. But the Rams are continuing their search to bolster the squad.

"We are waiting for decisions on two or three other players," said Rams manager Nigel Clough. "Ideally, we would like another centre half, maybe even one that can cover us at full-back as well.

"We would also like another striker and if there is the right sort of midfielder available, we will take them as well. We have asked about a couple of midfielders."

Derby currently have three players on loan in Ward, Ayala and Alberto Bueno, who is on a season-long stay from Real Valladolid.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was bloody good alongside Hooper, thing is he aint done so great since they went they're seperate ways.

Once again I will give the bloke a chance to play in a Derby shirt before sticking the boot in.

I agree maybe we should watch him play first. We have got rid of plenty of poor players who have gone on and done well

I was surprised we weren't linked with him during the summer, to be honest. Especially given that he was available on a free....

Yes, Sheff Utd and Preston are in the bottom 3, but you can't blame that on players who aren't playing for them. Both Preston and the Blades have had a change of manager (2 changes for the blades) since Ward and Hayes were signed, just might be that the new boss doesn't rate them - doesn't mean they're not good players. I'll wait to see how they do for us before making a judgement, but at this point I'd be happy with Hayes coming to us.

look at varney did feck all for us good at blackpool, tudgay ***** for his last few months at sheff wendys banging them in for forest give these players a chance before slating them ffs no-one was happy about brayford & bailey when they came here but they both turned out to be good signings

I was surprised we weren't linked with him during the summer, to be honest. Especially given that he was available on a free....

Yes, Sheff Utd and Preston are in the bottom 3, but you can't blame that on players who aren't playing for them. Both Preston and the Blades have had a change of manager (2 changes for the blades) since Ward and Hayes were signed, just might be that the new boss doesn't rate them - doesn't mean they're not good players. I'll wait to see how they do for us before making a judgement, but at this point I'd be happy with Hayes coming to us.

Je....concur....

Paul Hayes goalscoring record doesn't fill me with any type of hope but I've learned not to knock a player before his even kicked a ball, or infact do it.. they seem to be better for it like Kuqi and Dickov for instance.

This year he has 3 in 24 appearances which isn't great but the past two season for Ssausagehorpe have been impressive.

He got 13 for Ssausagehorpe last season in 51 appearances - all starts - not a bad return

18 the year before in League 1 in 57 appearances 51 starts

Archived