Will Keane

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, RamInSweden said:

Decent player, but would cost too much, and isn’t he similar to Collins and Yates?

Would say similar to Yates, definitely a smaller forward. Might be good together but finding a way to play two strikers be tricky!

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Lyndon dykes gone to Birmingham, surprised not one we looked at? Not a huge fan but is big and a target man that we require.

We don’t have a mil to spend on a striker + wages. 

Firstly, I'm not sure Witcoop has ever broken a correct Derby story.

Will is the twin brother of Michael, one a forward one a defender. He was the more fancied of the pair in their youth, but then he was ravaged by injuries and I expected him to stop playing, whereas Michael somehow even ended up with an England call up.

Will is 31 now and hasn't pulled up any trees, but was always pretty skillful. I want us to buy a 24 or 25 year old from overseas who we can develop and make money on. Keane might be a little better than what we have, but is on a downward trajectory. Wouldn't be a signing to get excited about. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Was that how much he was? I really do think we have £1m to spend. If not really struggling to be competitive at this level.

if that’s the case, we probably should’ve spent the jwz money on a striker. Keepers far easier to find on a free. All hindsight now though

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Surely we must have much more than that considering what we've splashed out on Gouldmijn, Zetterström and Adams, with sell-on dosh also coming through and knowing we really needed this striker, and that strikers cost far more than those other positions. We must have a budget of 3-5 million for this. 

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Will is the twin brother of Michael, one a forward one a defender. He was the more fancied of the pair in their youth, but then he was ravaged by injuries and I expected him to stop playing, whereas Michael somehow even ended up with an England call up.

Will is 31 now and hasn't pulled up any trees, but was always pretty skillful. I want us to buy a 24 or 25 year old from overseas who we can develop and make money on. Keane might be a little better than what we have, but is on a downward trajectory. Wouldn't be a signing to get excited about. 

He gives Nixon a run for his money when it comes to being vague and saying a lot without saying anything at all but he was the first to break the Ozoh to Derby story.

Also broke Korey Smith to us a couple years back first, too IIRC.

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Surely we must have much more than that considering what we've splashed out on Gouldmijn, Zetterström and Adams, with sell-on dosh also coming through and knowing we really needed this striker, and that strikers cost far more than those other positions. We must have a budget of 3-5 million for this. 

Can I interest you in some magic beans?

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Striker isn't he? 

Decent player at this level by all accounts anyway.

Thought he was a CAM but you're probably right. Wouldn't say no in any case, but we seem to be having difficulties getting the last few over the line and PW's post-match prezzer did little to encourage me that was likely to change 😕

31 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Well that's totally p*$$ed on my chips, don't know much about him but you've really put it into context 🤐

46 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Lyndon dykes gone to Birmingham, surprised not one we looked at? Not a huge fan but is big and a target man that we require.

Not a huge fan, maybe the club shared the same view?

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Not a huge fan, maybe the club shared the same view?

Maybe, but my point was he’s a championship/international striker who has a presence up front. I’d take him over Michael smith who were constantly linked with though.

59 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

From  the countless interviews of warne I genuinely believe he's too fussy and we have the funds there but he doesn't fancy the strikers available , half of which would probably be class , wouldn't surprise me if people from the club come to him with great targets and he says no

3 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Didn't we have his brother, Michael on loan a few years ago?

Fairly sure we had both on loan at different times. If I’m not mistaken Will did his Knee whilst at Derby and rarely played. 

49 minutes ago, Srg said:

Can I interest you in some magic beans?

When our need for a striker is manifest, it would be bonkers to spend a lot of money on a keeper and then not have much left in the kitty for a forward. Are you suggesting we're that badly run? 

5 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Fairly sure we had both on loan at different times. If I’m not mistaken Will did his Knee whilst at Derby and rarely played. 

Scratch that mistaken him for James Wilson 

26 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

When our need for a striker is manifest, it would be bonkers to spend a lot of money on a keeper and then not have much left in the kitty for a forward. Are you suggesting we're that badly run? 

Yeah agree totally on this.

48 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

From  the countless interviews of warne I genuinely believe he's too fussy and we have the funds there but he doesn't fancy the strikers available , half of which would probably be class , wouldn't surprise me if people from the club come to him with great targets and he says no

He signed Washington and Waghorn, he can’t be that picky 🥺

Edited by RamInSweden

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I’m suggesting that it seems we thought we couldn’t get a decent striker but we could get a top class goalkeeper for the same amount of money. (Their thinking, not mine). You’re deluded if you think we have £3-5m to spend still. 

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Scratch that mistaken him for James Wilson 

I had exactly the same thoughts, even checked Keane's transfer history. Couldn't remember Wilson's name, and wondered if I'd just dreamt it. 🤣