Derby County Crescent

7 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Few of the streets named after clubs, seem to surround some football pitches so imagine it was some local government city planning idea?

So they do! Would love to know why we got Derby County Crescent though, not Chelsea or Arsenal for example. 

Who's the Derby fan that made this happen?  

Looks like a new build estate so must be a recent thing.

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

There's some social housing on that estate too. It's on Notts Forest Drive and Leeds United Close. They used those names to ensure that the property values remained low forever.

Yes. Those on Notts Forest Drive are always complaining that it’s too small, there’s not enough room and they can’t get in!

1 hour ago, DE56Ram said:

Yes. Those on Notts Forest Drive are always complaining that it’s too small, there’s not enough room and they can’t get in!

Plus the paint work is fading and it’s suspected that the owner might be involved in nefarious activities 

My extensive research thus far...

Derby County, W Ham, and Liverpool one side of the pitches.
Newcastle & Lazio the other side.

That seems to be it, with a football club connection.

It's in the neighbourhood of West Oak Trails, which according to wiki... "is located in North Centre West Oakville on the north side of Upper Middle Road. It is a newer development than the other communities."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakville,_Ontario

There's a book available on EBay which may (or may not) throw some light on it... "OAKVILLE ONTARIO - STREET NAMES & LANDMARKS - Area History Reference Book"...
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/223905687088

It looks nicer than where I live! 👀

The rest of the past hour has proved rather fruitless, if truth be told!  🤣

West Oak Trails is one of Oakville’s newest neighbourhoods however its history stretches back to the First Nations people who are known to have inhabited this area thousands of years ago. For the First Nations these were prime hunting and fishing grounds. In the early 1800s the first European settlers began to arrive here. This part of Oakville was originally part of the former Trafalgar Township which amalgamated with the Town of Oakville in 1962.

The present day West Oak Trails neighbourhood emerged from the desk of Oakville Town planners in the mid 1990s and that vision became a reality by the early 2000s when farm fields gave way to new home development. West Oak Trails quickly proved popular with families. This influx of young families led to the opening of the Garth Webb Secondary School in 2012.

https://www.neighbourhoodguide.com/halton/oakville/west-oak-trails/

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Out of interest how did you come across this?

It was just some random Facebook post about weird street names that caught my attention. This was buried in the comments.

There was also this one from Australia, where given all those other street names, you have to assume Pride Fairway is named after Pride Park.

How do you get a whole new build estate named after English football stadia?

FB_IMG_1724190080292.jpg

1 hour ago, DCFC_Trouty said:

Screenshot2024-08-21at10_36_52.png.d1722eb78a72c849d7a3e9aebddf3b83.png 

Looks a nice area! Lots of basketball hoops in the gardens, but no sign of goalposts.

Someone in DCFC marketing or PR should jump on this. There has to be an angle for a good news story somewhere here. 

Like send every house in the street a training top and ask them to post to Insta a picture of them wearing it by the street sign.

25 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

It was just some random Facebook post about weird street names that caught my attention. This was buried in the comments.

There was also this one from Australia, where given all those other street names, you have to assume Pride Fairway is named after Pride Park.

FB_IMG_1724190080292.jpg

I presume dog park is named in honour of the city ground.🙄

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

FB_IMG_1724190080292.jpg

I bet Exeter City fans will be delighted to note they have a street named after their ground, whilst poor little Newcastle miss out!  😁

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

FB_IMG_1724190080292.jpg

Not sure if its the same over there but when i worked for a housebuilder i had to choose and submit road names for new estates which were then put to the council and they said yay or nay-it was usually rivers, castles or things like that-i wish i had been bolder andgone for old rams players surnames-especially in Nottingham