Championship 24/25 rival watch

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

According to many on here Oxford don't have 1 player that we should be wanting in our team 😆

Oxford have probably the best midfielder in the Championship in Brannigan 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

According to many on here Oxford don't have 1 player that we should be wanting in our team 😆

For fun let’s include the new keeper and Yates even though he’s banned - you’d take what Brannigan and their left winger from their starting XI and perhaps take Rodrigues and Harris for the bench + one of their CBs? 

It isn’t about their personnel it’s about how they’ve been coached. They are greater than the sum of their parts. We are not. 

We will defo finish bottom of the league without decent signings or Rooney working his magic for Plymouth. Other promoted sides look good and we are weak in attack as well as having very dodgy fullbacks as of now. Would hope Nyambe and Collins play next Saturday for some fight and physicality.Not trying to be negative but people need to wake up we are like a Luton in the Premier league at the minute we are way below the level we need to be we will have to scrap for every point and need players like Ebou playing to make it a scrap.

3 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

We will defo finish bottom of the league without decent signings or Rooney working his magic for Plymouth. Other promoted sides look good and we are weak in attack as well as having very dodgy fullbacks as of now. Would hope Nyambe and Collins play next Saturday for some fight and physicality.Not trying to be negative but people need to wake up we are like a Luton in the Premier league at the minute we are way below the level we need to be we will have to scrap for every point and need players like Ebou playing to make it a scrap.

Heck. One game down (with some teams still not having played) and not only are we doomed to be relegated, it seems we’re definitely finishing bottom without more decent signings. Drop me a DM with tonight’s winning lottery numbers would you? (before the draw obviously).

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Heck. One game down (with some teams still not having played) and not only are we doomed to be relegated, it seems we’re definitely finishing bottom without more decent signings. Drop me a DM with tonight’s winning lottery numbers would you? (before the draw obviously).

If you know football it doesnt take long to know a poor side when you see one.We line up like that or close to it I would actually be very suprised if we didnt get relegated.

Thing is we will probably have 4 new starters in the XI so hopefully transform us from a top 6 league 1 side to a midtable champ team. 

We sign a good left back with pace, a good physical striker, a new starting winger + a pacey CB, Ebou to come back in and the Swedish Gk we should be okay. LB and Striker are  crucial to get right.

Just now, Marriot Ram99 said:

I am not being a doom monger as I think we will bring a few good players I just found it almost bemusing how open and poor we were last night.

It's not that bemusing when you consider how often we played poorly last season and got away with it because we had a better squad, better resources and were lined up against rubbish opposition. 

None of those key advantages exist this season.

People who are concerned aren't judging Warne on one game. It's based on the previous 100 or so games in which we've only looked genuinely good in a small percentage of them.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

We’re definitely the worst team in the league at the moment. Really can’t see us surviving given we’re talking about “final additions” rather than an overhaul in the last few weeks of the window.

Repeatedly posting your usual stuff on every thread you can when will your hatred stop 

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

People who are concerned aren't judging Warne on one game. It's based on the previous 100 or so games in which we've only looked genuinely good in a small percentage of them.

Didn’t we get promoted last season as the second best team in the league 

2 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Didn’t we get promoted last season as the second best team in the league 

Yes, we had one of the highest playing budgets, the best facilities in the league and a fan base that surpassed anyone else. It would have been an abject failure had we not got promoted.

The standard of football however was still consistently poor. The things that got us over the line last season will not be enough to get us over the line this season. The standard of football simply has to improve for us to progress as a club.

Warne needs to make that happen, and he needs to do it quickly.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Yes, we had one of the highest playing budgets, the best facilities in the league and a fan base that surpassed anyone else. It would have been an abject failure had we not got promoted.

The standard of football however was still consistently poor. The things that got us over the line last season will not be enough to get us over the line this season. The standard of football simply has to improve for us to progress as a club.

Warne needs to make that happen, and he needs to do it quickly.

Last season was a success and we need to build on it sensibly just staying up this season will do no rush we’ve tried that approach before and look what happened 

32 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

If you know football it doesnt take long to know a poor side when you see one.We line up like that or close to it I would actually be very suprised if we didnt get relegated.

Thing is we will probably have 4 new starters in the XI so hopefully transform us from a top 6 league 1 side to a midtable champ team. 

We sign a good left back with pace, a good physical striker, a new starting winger + a pacey CB, Ebou to come back in and the Swedish Gk we should be okay. LB and Striker are  crucial to get right.

That subs bench alone summed us up! Even with Yates in there and Ward still nowhere near good enough 

2 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Second surely 

Warne isn't going anywhere any time soon because Clowes loves him and will give him the maximum amount of time possible to improve things.

Clowes will give Warne a lot longer than our fans will, I suspect that even includes the fans that currently fully support Warne.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Warne isn't going anywhere any time soon because Clowes loves him and will give him the maximum amount of time possible to improve things.

Clowes will give Warne a lot longer than our fans will, I suspect that even includes the fans that currently fully support Warne.

Time will tell 

37 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

A bit of difference between being "very surprised if we didn't get relegated" and "defo finish bottom of the league". Also, if you know football you'll know that, inexplicably, we could play the same line up next week and win. Not that I'm relying on that theory. I agree, play like that every week and we'll probably struggle to stay up but I'm not convinced it was bad enough to be nailed on for 24th place.