Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

13 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yes.

So far nobody has been able to actually say what we are, which is just bizarre.

Hi there

We were a team which last season tried to play direct attacking football looking to get balls into the box if possible. Depending on the opposition sometimes this worked sometimes it didn’t. Last season it worked more often than not and would you believe it….we got promoted. 

Not seen us yet this season but am assuming we will try and play attacking football and score more goals than the opposition. Sometimes this will work depending on the opposition sometimes it won’t.

Oh yes and we will try to stop them scoring by defending our box. Again sometimes it will work but depending on the opposition sometimes it won’t.

I for one am looking forward to this season very much as for the first time since the days of Arthur and Jim we have a manager who has got us promoted and has shown commitment to us as a club and our players!

Roll on Saturday we may win we may not but hey ho that is football UT🐏

53 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yes.

So far nobody has been able to actually say what we are, which is just bizarre.

26 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

What type of football would you say we play 

Still waiting 

36 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

What type of football would you say we play 

no idea really. hence why we have no identity as a football club.

it's like warne attempts to do a little bit of everything which inevitably means we're not very good at anything inparticular

somebody summed it up quite well earlier, jack of all trades, master of nothing

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

well if your the biggest club amongst 23 others and happen to have a squad of players that are superior to the other 23 and have the biggest wage budget with the best training facilities and biggest fanbase... quite easily. 

'happen to have', like those players just dropped out of the sky... you mean the recruitment team, manager, and chairman got the best free agents out of the pool of players no Championship team wanted.

Sunderland & Ipswich spent 4 seasons in L1, Portsmouth were in L1 & L2 for 10 years? Coventry, 7 years. Bolton, 6 years and counting. But, yeah, it's easy.

How many points do you get for attendance & fanbase, just out of interest?

18 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

bf11e669-1fd9-4ebd-9222-31fa5bf73fb8_text.gif.94eb3f3c7541c5b7241c6ce0727ecec8.gif

you don't know what warne is trying to do. Doesn't that concern you at all?

If we average 2 points a game like last season I won't care if I don't know what Warne is trying to do. I really enjoyed last season, we have only played 1 league game this season, I don't think we are far enough into the season for in depth analysis by the "experts"

1 minute ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

'happen to have', like those players just dropped out of the sky... you mean the recruitment team, manager, and chairman got the best free agents out of the pool of players no Championship team wanted.

Sunderland & Ipswich spent 4 seasons in L1, Portsmouth were in L1 & L2 for 10 years? Coventry, 7 years. Bolton, 6 years and counting. But, yeah, it's easy.

How many points do you get for attendance & fanbase, just out of interest?

you can phrase it whatever way you like, those were the players/squad we had😅. The majority of which warne just inherited.

i think the season during covid showed that without fans, we weren't as good at home. So it will make up a few points. 

6 minutes ago, Derant said:

If we average 2 points a game like last season I won't care if I don't know what Warne is trying to do. I really enjoyed last season, we have only played 1 league game this season, I don't think we are far enough into the season for in depth analysis by the "experts"

we play the same now as we have the last 2 years or so. Is that long enough for any analysis?

38 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Derbys style emphasizes fluidity and collective understanding, with players seamlessly switching positions to create a dynamic and cohesive gameplay.

not sure if your taking the piss here or not, but if thats what you believe, ok😅

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

🤣🤣🤣still no answer then

Zzzzzzzz ,, tactics , warnes tactics , from what I watch and also hear from his interview s is that he is not a great believer in passing round the back line doing bugger all he wants to get the ball and players forward pretty quickly , he likes width and likes to get the ball wide fairly early to players with pace , now to those who don’t go to games or just have blinkers that means we just bang it wide to wingers who run to the byline and hit crosses into the area ,,, not actually the case , we have wide players who switch sides for games and during games and also play as inverted wingers who stay wide to receive the ball which stretches the opposition but are just as likely to cut inside , run into the box , run across the box and lay balls off , come inside and have a shot , sometimes we press , sometimes we sit deep and hit on the break , as I said before game to game and even just spells in games , football is not played on paper it’s a fast moving organic sport where players have to adapt on the pitch to what’s happening it very rarely all pans out just as any manager plans or says it will , you reckon tactics is about playing a taller full back 😂,

football is not painting by numbers as posters like you believe , anyway I’ve indulged you enough for now , welcome back and have fun👏👏👏

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

bf11e669-1fd9-4ebd-9222-31fa5bf73fb8_text.gif.94eb3f3c7541c5b7241c6ce0727ecec8.gif

you don't know what warne is trying to do. Doesn't that concern you at all?

You concern me more than warne , I’ve got through two seasons of him and enjoyed it , im not sure I can get through another season of wum on here 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Derbys style emphasizes fluidity and collective understanding, with players seamlessly switching positions to create a dynamic and cohesive gameplay.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

not sure if your taking the piss here or not, but if thats what you believe, ok😅

@Chris_Martin you’ve asked a legitimate question.  @Mick Brolly has given you his view and all you can do is respond with a derogatory comment.  You’ve disappeared all summer but 1 league defeat and you're back.  It’s responses like this that will stop posters replying and engaging in a debate as when they do, you resort to ridicule.