Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Gives others time to come hijack the deal

Depends on whether any type of agreement has been signed already. If the two clubs have agreed a fee (which we are being told they have) it’s possible a pre-transfer agreement has been put into place precluding another club coming along and hijacking the deal not to mention it being conditional on him remaining injury free. And this has probably given us leverage on the fee. All parties seem pretty confident it’s a done deal pending these two European games. Certainly the noises from their end indicate this. A bit more cagey from our side perhaps but what we have heard suggests it’s about there.

How typical is it though that our beloved club to get hooked into a potential saga like this one. It’s never dull being a Ram.

4 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

This is the second leg! The score was 0-0 in the first 

Actually I think I’ve misread the BBC fixtures for tomorrow! Think you’re correct,my mistake ! Dom Dietrich says the second game is next Thursday

1 hour ago, Sharp_Ram said:

Fee agreed, no contract signed, whats to stop someone matching or improving on our fee? He isn't our player until medical is passed and contract signed. We're a minimum until the 2nd leg of their qualification match. Plenty can change. Players have been showcased on the pitch before choosing other teams

Pre-contract binding agreements are very common in business. I would be amazed having read what has been said if we haven't got one in place.

Modern day transfers are always very cloak and dagger when it comes to someone signing.

Mackworthram broke the news of Thorne signing waaaaay before the transfer was announced.

With the amount of leads to say the lad is gonna be a Ram including within his current organisation, it would be a turn around of a large proportion ......he's not Czech and going to end up in florence 😁😁.

Sit tight  fellow Rams it's a Swede who is gonna be our keeper .

Jayzee is 🐏

This lad is ours and it's quite a statement signing in my humble opinion 

Edited by AmberRamber

Each round of European competitions has its own registration period prior, to make sure its fair all round. Different countries will have different transfer windows etc so teams can’t completely change squad between ties.

Them wanting him for both games makes sense, as the potential money for them if they can get to group stage will be massive (considering we’re likely paying him more wage than they are for context).

I would imagine the contracts and bits are all signed, otherwise there would have been no point us matching the value they wanted and then sitting around. Just annoying the risk of injury and lack of preseason he will get.

This is only the second qualifying round of three. Based off their sporting director saying it could be “weeks” before he moves, I assume they intend on keeping him for the third round if they get through this round. 

Perhaps the hassle is why the fee agreed is significantly lower than what they were reportedly quoting to other clubs a few weeks back.

Edited by RamsFan10