Academy Thread 2024/2025

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

How does a 'ruptured quad' happen, there seems a few of them about and I've not heard of it before. Seems a bit like when metatarsal injuries suddenly became 'all the rage'?

Long goal kicks when not warmed up properly, kicking the ground, that sort of thing

59 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I think you’ve possibly misread that (it’s not a very well worded statement so I might be wrong myself 😂) - think it’s saying he joined the Under 13s and had been with them for 4 years since.

EDIT:  sorry, rereading the statement again and I think you’re right - agree it must be a deal of substance one way or another for a kid do young

That's interesting as I read it same as you did the 1st time, that he's been their SINCE U13s. I googled him and could only find a 31 year old so that's not helped 

1 hour ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I think you’ve possibly misread that (it’s not a very well worded statement so I might be wrong myself 😂) - think it’s saying he joined the Under 13s and had been with them for 4 years since.

EDIT:  sorry, rereading the statement again and I think you’re right - agree it must be a deal of substance one way or another for a kid do young

no need to apologise, I wasn't sure I'd understood it correctly myself! 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

There's an echo in here @Srg😉

I find it interesting that Mansfield have felt the need to make a statement about (if I've read it correctly) a player from the u13s. They must think he's special, or it's a chunky deal for someone so young.

They'll get a nice bit of cash when we sell him to Man Citys academy in 3 years for 1.5 million

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

JThompson

Bardell   Radcliffe   KRobinson   Moloney

DRobinson   Hawkins

McAndrew   Stepien-Iwumene   Spencer

Yates

Subs: Shattell, Cox, Perry, Turkey, Ilesanmi

Thompson still allowed play even though he’s out on loan ? 

Nice to see Yates staying sharp. 

Where is Bartley?

Edited by Eoghan1884

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:
5 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Thompson still allowed play even though he’s out on loan ? 

Nice to see Yates staying sharp

Youth loan so still allowed unless the clubs agreed not to.

He went on a 28 day loan which is the minimum. Essentially it was for one game; Kettering's keeper was suspended for the opener at Halesowen last Saturday and they needed a replacement. Jack played in that and in a friendly against Lye Town the previous week. He returned to Derby after the Halesowen game but technically he's still on loan until the expiration of the 28 days.

7 hours ago, Spender said:

He went on a 28 day loan which is the minimum. Essentially it was for one game; Kettering's keeper was suspended for the opener at Halesowen last Saturday and they needed a replacement. Jack played in that and in a friendly against Lye Town the previous week. He returned to Derby after the Halesowen game but technically he's still on loan until the expiration of the 28 days.

I figured it was something like that when he was dropped for the 2nd league game