Academy Thread 2024/2025

6 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

The short answer is yes, but for us recently it’s been slightly different as we’re rebuilding the academy after admin. Last year we signed Riley Moloney, Dajaune Brown on pro deals aswell as getting in a lot of new signings for the 21’s most notably Tony Weston and Bartley. We also have a very talented u18 group coming through so want to ensure we keep as much of them as possible. So it is more than we’re use to in recent times and it’s actually a sign of us getting back to normal on the academy. The main reason it does look so different is we’re signing less external players for the 21s and promoting more internally. 

Almost all U22 players are on pro deals. They're on scholarships typically for 2 years in the U18s, and then get offered pro terms when stepping up to the U21s. The 7 players listed have all completed their scholarships and I'm surprised it's been announced this late.

Some of the high performing scholars get offered pro deals earlier. Kei Robinson got his towards the end of last season. JThompson, Allen, and McAndrew all signed their pro deals when they turned 17.

5 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Full match report on the Rangers website; https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/report-rangers-b-derby-county/1XchZmU5mwj636klALDD5q

Teamsheet:

image.png.4e45b02722818ebaf6af6a45f1e1541a.png
Another of the goals against. 

Shattell spent last season behind Evans and JThompson as U21 GK and only played in a couple of games.

I'm not a fan of Hawkins being moved to LB. He was started to develop his end product as a CM, and Gill showed a lot of promise at LB. It's also odd playing Spencer on the LW (not for the first time) - we signed him as a CM who had also covered at CB, RB and LB for a few games at Leeds.

Shattell
Bardell   Bartley   KRobinson   Hawkins
Radcliffe   Stepien-Iwumene
Allen   McAndrew   Spencer
Wheeldon

2 minutes ago, Hustler said:

Both Thompson and new signing Luthra featured for us in pre-season but I have not seen any news about Harry Evans? Is he injured? Can anybody update me please.

He got injured in training, his dad was rather open on Twitter about it. He's out for a few months. 

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

He got injured in training, his dad was rather open on Twitter about it. He's out for a few months. 

Thanks for letting me know. I do not use Twitter/X so missed this . Hope he has a speedy recovery. 

24 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

How does a 'ruptured quad' happen, there seems a few of them about and I've not heard of it before. Seems a bit like when metatarsal injuries suddenly became 'all the rage'?

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How does a 'ruptured quad' happen, there seems a few of them about and I've not heard of it before. Seems a bit like when metatarsal injuries suddenly became 'all the rage'?

There were rumours/whispers at the time that Collins had slid in on him to win the ball and took him out, but nothing substantiated. Take with a pinch of salt on that. What matters is he's seriously injured for the long term.

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

There's an echo in here @Srg😉

I find it interesting that Mansfield have felt the need to make a statement about (if I've read it correctly) a player from the u13s. They must think he's special, or it's a chunky deal for someone so young.

I think you’ve possibly misread that (it’s not a very well worded statement so I might be wrong myself 😂) - think it’s saying he joined the Under 13s and had been with them for 4 years since.

EDIT:  sorry, rereading the statement again and I think you’re right - agree it must be a deal of substance one way or another for a kid do young

Edited by goodgollymickbrolly
Lack of comprehension :-)