Mathew Ryan

Bubbles

Three weeks ago, AZAlerts already managed to report that Mathew Ryan and AZ's roads were going to separate. Now the name of the Australian closing post pops up on the other side of the Channel.

Derby County appears to have the best papers to incorporate the goalkeeper, sources report to AZAlerts. Unknown is Ryan's name not in the UK, the Australian previously defended the colors of Arsenal and Brighton.

This would be a seriously, seriously good signing. I'd be incredibly, pleasantly surprised if we were able to get him. 32 isn't old for a goalkeeper and he would walk into the league as one of the very best goalkeepers at this level. He's arguably been the best goalkeeper in Eredivisie over the past 12 months. 

This is a tone-setting, 'we're not here to make up the numbers' type signing that I had hoped for but hadn't thought possible.  

29 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Not a chance he signs for us 😂 more chance of getting diddier Drogba out of retirement on a 5 year deal

Why? He's 32 now, Dutch league isn't better than the Championship top to bottom. Before playing for AZ, he'd sat on benches for a couple of years.

59 minutes ago, Srg said:

Why? He's 32 now, Dutch league isn't better than the Championship top to bottom. Before playing for AZ, he'd sat on benches for a couple of years.

Top 5 in that league miles above us , financially too 

He's a great goalkeeper with a very good CV. He's certainly Championship play off standard. 

Like above, I'd be slightly wary of his height, although he has been in the top 17% for crosses stopped for the past year and is very active coming off his line.

image.png.ab00ff43973dba6bf1fdc9eb526117f5.png