Transfer rumours

27 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Rodak or Iverson?

I think they are of a similar level. So there isn't a lot between them.

The only thing about Rodak is he hasn't played as much football as Iverson recently. I would rather our number 1 be a permanent signing as opposed to a loan though.

Interesting one this morning…

someone spotted this in the background of that recent podcast. Image on the left has 13 white circles. Warne mentioned he wanted to sign 12 players this summer I think?

Does this indicate the positions we’re after?

Edited by Nuwtfly

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

someone spotted this in the background of that recent podcast. Image on the left has 12 white circles. Warne mentioned he wanted to sign 12 players this summer I think?

88 midfielders seems a lot.  We doin' a Forest?

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Could the loan targets at CB and LB be the two youngsters that Southampton have signed, presumably with an eye to the future? 

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24435512.southampton-fc-fans-reacted-edwards-wood-joining/

Peterborough do it again! - Ronnie Edwards picked up for next-to-nothing from Barnet, sold on for £3m a few seasons later. They have a knack for finding youngsters, giving them 100+ games to develop, then taking a reasonable fee for them.

I don't remember him standing out particularly when we played them though...

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Not sure what it indicates, but I count 13 white circles on the left. There's two Keepers, and two strikers which would make sense...

Yep, you're right. It looks like we're trying to sign:

x2 goalkeepers

x2 central defenders

x1 left-wing back

x4 central midfielders

x2 wingers

x2 strikers

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

x2 goalkeepers

x2 central defenders

x1 left-wing back

x4 central midfielders

x2 wingers

x2 strikers

Surely this hasn’t been updated from the start of the season though, which would mean 

x2 goalkeepers

x2 central defenders 

x1 left wing back 

x1 central midfielder (Ebou, Kenzo, Osborn)

x1 winger (Jackson)

x1 striker (Yates)

12 minutes ago, Magicman said:

We don't need more CBs we got Rooney Nelson Nyambe Bradley Cashin Fozzy ( 6)  who can all play those positions . 

And how many of them are you comfortable starting for lots of games?

42 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

someone spotted this in the background of that recent podcast. Image on the left has 13 white circles. Warne mentioned he wanted to sign 12 players this summer I think?

Also confirms the probable 3-4-3 formation, at least as one of the options we’ll use. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Also confirms the probable 3-4-3 formation, at least as one of the options we’ll use. 

As @Eoghan1884pointed out, that list is just he overall target for the window and doesn’t include the signings already made. I think it’s interesting to see that we are trying to really bolster the spine of the team. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

As @Eoghan1884pointed out, that list is just he overall target for the window and doesn’t include the signings already made. I think it’s interesting to see that we are trying to really bolster the spine of the team. 

I more meant the right hand side of the image with positions laid out as a 3-4-3 on the pitch. Not definite of course and all subject to change. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

In that staff interview, PW said we'd be using several formations through the season...

No surprise really. He’s varied things regularly based on form, availability and opposition. We’ve been pretty adaptable. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

x2 goalkeepers

x2 central defenders

x1 left-wing back

x4 central midfielders

x2 wingers

x2 strikers

One of the GKs is red (just a bit faded)
The 'wingers' appear to be more like AMs with arrows to the wide forward positions (so someone who can play out wide and central)

I'm not sure where it leaves the likes of JThompson, Nyambe, Rooney, Bradley, Forsyth, Fornah, LThompson, DRobinson, Blackett-Taylor, and DBrown. It doesn't seem like red circles can represent multiple players (as seen at RWB)

I'm pretty happy we're possibly looking at 3-4-3 as our plan A. If it's approached in the same way Leverkusen used it last season then it's a solid shape to control games and can be dynamic going forward.

The key to it is to have 3 centre backs who are comfortable on the ball and are able to play it forward and to have 2 midfielders in front who can break up play and pick a pass. Looks like the Ebou and Kenzo are good candidates for midfield. Cashin and Nelson can be 2 of the defenders. Not sure that Bradley is good enough with his feet to be one of the starting CBs, but a good option to bring on to defend the lead or add extra height for set pieces when chasing a game.

Paul Warne is the Championship Xabi Alonso? Who knew? 🙂