Transfer rumours

30 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Mentioned this before...but well worth watching 'Sunderland Til I Die' (season 2) - not just for the hilariously odious sidekick he brought in - but to watch Stuart Donald's rising anxiety having been slightly shafted by players leaving and upping and upping his bid for Will Grieg. Who then goes on to be absolute pants, and probably gets him an absolute ton of abuse for wasting his own money on.

In the programme Sunderland panic when a "signing" changes his mind at the last minute. The player was Chris Martin.

Based on nothing, no research or checking on injuries wages or moves they have already made I'm going for

Phillips from Liverpool

Hause from villa

Kiwiwor from arsenal (spelling is way off)

33 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I remember that! The manager told him not to go above a certain amount, then it cuts to him in his office on the phone saying: "One million...alright two million...ALRIGHT FOUR MILLION!"

Almost as bad as wanting the stadium to be like Ibiza before the game 😂

Exactly. The manager was very clear he was worth no more than £1-1.5m. Owner paid over the odds in desperation.

No doubt Sunderland fans later went on about what a poor purchase it was by the manager.

Impossible to know exactly what is going on so let's just hold tight today, seems safe to say we know what we need. Recently it feels like very few rabbits have been pulled from hats on deadline day, really need something today (or next few days if not under contract). Currently we are potentially relegation battlers I fear.

Edited by Chester40

Just now, KBB said:

Based on nothing, no research or checking on injuries wages or moves they have already made I'm going for

Phillips from Liverpool

Hause from villa

Kiwiwor from arsenal (spelling is way off)

Not a chance we get Kiwior he played 30 games for Arsenal last year. If he was going it would be back to a top serie A team I’d imagine. 

Just now, Eoghan1884 said:

Not a chance we get Kiwior he played 30 games for Arsenal last year. If he was going it would be back to a top serie A team I’d imagine. 

Exactly. I've done no research beyond thinking of players from top 4 teams who aren't first choice. Haven't considered anything besides that. Where's the ambition derby...... 😇

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wages and culture fit would be the two things, not just when comparing to Oxford but to any other club.

Warne is pretty up front with potential signings about what he wants and what players can expect in terms of guarantees of playing time. This is not a dig at Warne to be clear, but there will absolutely be managers out there who are less honest and blow smoke up a players arse to get deals done if they think that will help.

As for wages, money talks and that voice is usually a lot louder than the other factors in play.

The honesty part isn't necessarily a bad thing but it probably won't attract ego's per say and they're usually the mavericks of the team. Create something out of nothing. A Tom Ince type. 

Playing time shouldn't be an issue is what Warne as being saying about not wanting sqaud player and only singing that would improve his 11

23 minutes ago, rammieib said:

When we can’t attract a player over Oxford, what’s the reason?

We have the fan base, we have the crowds, we have the stadium, we have the training base… so what is it?

(caveat - I assume we were in for Nelson)

Maybe we aren’t interested?

10 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It's incredible how many adults on here sound like stroppy teenagers just because a transfer window hasn't gone the same way it does for them on Champ Manager 🤣

I think it's more to do with what the failures may well lead to, another relegation, another couple of years at least of fighting for promotion.