UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

A good chunk of that Romanian squad were in the 2019 Euro under 21 squad that played England off the park and beat us 4-2. They are all reaching their peak years. Good squad they should get to the Quarter finals I think.

16 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

A good chunk of that Romanian squad were in the 2019 Euro under 21 squad that played England off the park and beat us 4-2. They are all reaching their peak years. Good squad they should get to the Quarter finals I think.

My memory isn't great who was U21 manager, the one before Carso?

I literally cannot take any more of Vicki Sparks.

I'm not at all against having female commentators on male games, but she is just awful.

She just said about a player, 'he's got his shooting boots on'. 

I'll finish making dinner in silence.

Ok, so I left it on.

Sparks: That's the Lukaku we've grown to know, the brilliant striker.

Sutton: I wouldn't quite put it like that, he can't hit a cow's behind with a banjo.

TBF, she did get into the second-half before saying in 'he's put a shift in'.

19 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Isn't the only reason that phrase is so hackneyed, that a gazillion male commentators have used it before? 

No.

It's hackneyed because it's been used a gazillion times in the 70s and 80s. The sex of the commentator is irrelevant.

I'd have rolled my eyes if a male had said it, just like I did when ex-Rams TV commentator Jack Woodward also said, 'Put a shift in' yesterday.

He would say it in literally every Derby game, often multiple times.

I've heard plenty of female commentators on plenty of sports, and she is, by some way, the worst, IMHO. 

In fact, I've not heard another who I dislike.

3 hours ago, eddielewis said:

Fingers crossed. I got them and Scotland in the sweepstake 😂

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

VAR, huh? What is it good for?

f****** over Belgium, apparently.

Technocrats are ruling football, The female analyst said IFAB the international referees association agreed with the "new rules" after the Newcastle EU game🤷‍♂️

I've played the game...armature, The handball...imo had no effect in the build up, The snickometer says "yes" but the ball was moving forward anyway.

VAR is making football for me less and less attractive to watch 👎