Fast start to next season?

It’s complex isn’t it ? There will be new players to integrate and I suspect some variation in style tactics and a whole management learning curve with new pieces on the board. I anticipate a slowish start but just hope we get some wins early to keep the momentum you mentioned coming 

Que sara sara … but isn’t it a nice place to be 😊

40 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about preseason training and I started imagining who might win the sprint races between Bradley, Forsyth and Hourihane.

Fozzy

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well didn't Paul Warne manage to get a fast start when we took him from Rotherham?

Sure there's a few on here that quote he had them 6th after 8 games or something......

8th after 9 games but with a game in hand on the top 7. Win that GIH and they would have been 5th...

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Close enough.

Point was....he has managed at least one fast start at championship level so shouldn't be out of all possibility.

Absolutely. I don't get why so many look at his two first season relegations but ignore that start to the 22/23 season. I've posted a few times that those relegations are likely to have more to do with the club than PW. After he left to come to us they plummeted to 19th that season and now they've been relegated the season after. The common denominator being RUFC. Fans were saying in 22/23 that both the results and the football was better than their previous 2 SBC seasons. Here's to us getting good results and varied football. Wingers going down the outside and crossing AND also cutting inside and shooting. Some playing the channels and, of course, playing through the middle. All valid tactics and you use them at the correct time in a game. Simple intit?

Edited by MadAmster