New investment

On 01/05/2024 at 07:51, Sidd10 said:

A think a few things to think about here. 

1. I’d take those estimates there with a pinch of salt. That estimate puts Blackburn players on less than £6k a week on average. (25 players) Not having it. 

2. Our wage bill has been widely reported but that figure, someone correct me if I’m wrong, is the entire clubs wage bill. Not just playing staff. There is no way our average players wage is £13.5k a week. 

Remember how averages work.  Maybe CEO and head of recruitment will be on good salaries (£150k pa?), but many backroom are minimum wage (i.e. shop, ticket office etc).

Now, we have players like Collins and Hourihane who signed when we had no one credible to play.  PW has stated there are some players on very high salaries he might not have gone with.  It one takes one or two of them, on extremely high salaries, to skew the average.  

Bill Gates on a train: If everyone on this forum was on a train with Bill Gates the average wealth of people on the train would be over £1billion.  At the levels you are discussing, it doesn't take many players to skew the average quite perversely.  

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Remember how averages work.  Maybe CEO and head of recruitment will be on good salaries (£150k pa?), but many backroom are minimum wage (i.e. shop, ticket office etc).

Now, we have players like Collins and Hourihane who signed when we had no one credible to play.  PW has stated there are some players on very high salaries he might not have gone with.  It one takes one or two of them, on extremely high salaries, to skew the average.  

Bill Gates on a train: If everyone on this forum was on a train with Bill Gates the average wealth of people on the train would be over £1billion.  At the levels you are discussing, it doesn't take many players to skew the average quite perversely.  

Are the shop and ticket office staff directly employed by DCFC or is it Fanatics and seat geek who employ them?

27 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Are the shop and ticket office staff directly employed by DCFC or is it Fanatics and seat geek who employ them?

Good question.  I don't know.

4 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

I hope our Bogie side Burnley stay up.

They rattled up 101 points in the last Championship campaign and spent £100 million in the Summer . Could make Leicester cities run look like a struggle .

It was great to see Stimac back for the last game  

It did get me wondering though ....

Are there any Indian or croatian  players who could be possibilities ? 

Is there any Indian investment possible? 

Are we getting any better food in the concourses ? 

Or was he here on a jolly ..  

Interesting.   . 

On 05/05/2024 at 03:43, bucktwo said:

Interesting.   . 

Partly jollies, for sure, as he stopped by my mate's pub in Henlow for a couple of beers. Combining work and pleasure on his trip? Whyever not? 

On 05/05/2024 at 02:43, bucktwo said:

Interesting.   . 

Indian Investment ? Like the Venky’s at Blackburn , the chicken Kings . Be nice to get some Lamb shank etc on the menu. In all seriousness, I wonder what DC thinks about all this talk ?