Worst, cringe making, irritating,adverts

On 17/04/2024 at 09:40, Anon said:

I don't really watch TV, so my gripes are all radio issues.

Adverts where the company name is repeated about 20 times in the space of 30 seconds.

Any advert where they think shouting will somehow induce me to buy their product.

Tool hire/van insurance etc ads that insist on using the exact same white van man caricature. Also, any of these type of adverts that are voiced by Ralph Ineson (which is about 90% of them).

"I bought it from Clinton's cards" 

"Clinton's cards?" 

"Yes, Clinton's cards"

"Really,Clinton's cards" 

"Yes, Clinton's cards"

On 20/04/2024 at 12:45, Day said:

How about these sanita.....no wait, ice creams.

GLc7yaibQAAzh0z.jpeg

Is this where they are bitten into and it sounds like the very earth's crust cracking open? 

Really bugs me. I also hate the hotel 'secret getaway' advert where they whisper and 'shush' ...gets right under my skin.

Even more annoying is the airline who choose to play 'I am what I am' whilst showing a variety of annoying people including a male air steward wearing make up and ends with a female pilot.... errr...maybe talk about the seat space or cost or anything that actually matters about my flight.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

with a female pilot

Reminds me of a flight to Salzburg many years ago when female pilots were rare. We had a pleasant uneventful trip and were walking across to the terminal. We were pretty much last off.

Missus says to me " Don't you worry about flying with lady Pilots?"

Me: "No , they have same training, more risk averse, so I'm fine!"

Then I have to add: " As long as there's a male co-pilot to hold the map the right way up!"

Female voice right behind me. The pilot: "We don't use maps any more sir! We can't trust the men to fold them up properly!"

She was smiling!

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Reminds me of a flight to Salzburg many years ago when female pilots were rare. We had a pleasant uneventful trip and were walking across to the terminal. We were pretty much last off.

Missus says to me " Don't you worry about flying with lady Pilots?"

Me: "No , they have same training, more risk averse, so I'm fine!"

Then I have to add: " As long as there's a male co-pilot to hold the map the right way up!"

Female voice right behind me. The pilot: "We don't use maps any more sir! We can't trust the men to fold them up properly!"

She was smiling!

If anyone is bored do a YouTube search for Brenda, a Tui Pilot landing a Dreamliner in Bristol in gale force winds. Epic skills