Word Up... Upcoming Footpath Closure-Alvo Park to PPS...

Mucker1884

Sorry, don't have a link...

Word in da hood is that there is to be an upcoming closure of the shared footpath/cycle path (Route 6), as it exits/enters the NE corner of Alvo Park heading for PPS (and onwards to City Centre, of course)... specifically that tiny little bit that dips under the railway bridge that has had scaffolding on it for months and months!

Apparently to be closed from 21:00hrs Sat 2nd March to 17:00hrs Friday 26th April.

Not checked our fixtures, but I'd imagine this will have some effect for those parking over that way and walking (or cycling) in on matchdays? 
No idea whether official/marked detours will be signed? 

The non-committal to the shooting of any messengers during these difficult times would be most appreciated.

🍻🐏

5 minutes ago, David said:

Angry Will Forte GIF by The Lonely Island

It's all well and good taking the wee* as you've already had your single annual visit this season, but for some, this is life changing stuff, and I for one am not embarrassed to have provided such a critical, essential, and utterly selfless public service for my regular match-going comrades/friends/allies.

So there! 

*I changed that from the word "piss", as I am led to believe you have certain powers of banhammery around here, when it comes to the use of "adult vocabulary"!  
😁

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Word in da hood is that there is to be an upcoming closure of the shared footpath/cycle path (Route 6), as it exits/enters the NE corner of Alvo Park heading for PPS (and onwards to City Centre, of course)... specifically that tiny little bit that dips under the railway bridge that has had scaffolding on it for months and months!

Apparently to be closed from 21:00hrs Sat 2nd March to 17:00hrs Friday 26th April.

Not checked our fixtures, but I'd imagine this will have some effect for those parking over that way and walking (or cycling) in on matchdays? 

The non-committal to the shooting of any messengers during these difficult times would be most appreciated.

🍻🐏

Not impacting the stagger from/to the Brunny then? 🙂

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

🍻🐏

Fork sake.

I've finally dragged my arse to the park run on a Saturday morning at Alvaston and enjoy a walk along that path. That's screwed me up for a couple of months.

On 19/02/2024 at 12:42, Mucker1884 said:

🍻🐏

Folk walking from Alvo will dismantle the scaffolding and use it to batter away fans with. 

Well, they would have done in the 70's.

🍻🐏

Ignore the haterzzzz, quite a few people do use that path on a matchday and for exercise/dog-walking at other times, though it might come as an unwelcome surprise to the nobbers who ride their electric bikes and scooters at high speed along there. I do hope no-one nicks the warning signs......

25 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Ignore the haterzzzz, quite a few people do use that path on a matchday and for exercise/dog-walking at other times, though it might come as an unwelcome surprise to the nobbers who ride their electric bikes and scooters at high speed along there. I do hope no-one nicks the warning signs......

Yeah... I hear yer, mate... but... 

About those nobbers on electric bikes... 

Give us a wave next time, yeah!  😁

#holidaysnap...

b9151be2-ca3c-4796-8f44-19cdf0345f46.thumb.jpg.29492a7b976673453a8acc85d9bdd295.jpg

Edited by Mucker1884

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yeah... I hear yer, mate... but... 

About those nobbers on electric bikes... 

Give us a wave next time, yeah!  😁

#holidaysnap...

b9151be2-ca3c-4796-8f44-19cdf0345f46.thumb.jpg.29492a7b976673453a8acc85d9bdd295.jpg

Very nice 😅

It was actually the nobbers who use that particular cycle path as a racetrack that I was referring to though, not responsible users of electric bikes, as I'm sure you are. Walk or cycle from Allo to town on any given day and you can't miss 'em (literally).

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Very nice 😅

It was actually the nobbers who use that particular cycle path as a racetrack that I was referring to though, not responsible users of electric bikes, as I'm sure you are. Walk or cycle from Allo to town on any given day and you can't miss 'em (literally).

Phew!  I think you just about got away with that!  😉🤣

*I knew exactly who you meant, mate.  They don't do the rest of us any favours!  🍻

🍻🐏

Details of the detour here https://derbycyclinggroup.org.uk/site/2024/02/riverside-path-diversion/

You can detour round the top of the City Point estate following the route left for the canal should it ever reopen.

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I heard on the grapevine yesterday that this closure now isn't happening.

#genuinelyITK

FFS!  🙄

First time I try to play the big ITK card, and this happens!  Makes me look a right numpty! 

This feels almost as amusing as that time I tried to be a sombrero-wearing trend-setter... etc, etc... 

I'm done with the internet!
Done, I tell yer!

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

FFS!  🙄

First time I try to play the big ITK card, and this happens!  Makes me look a right numpty! 

This feels almost as amusing as that time I tried to be a sombrero-wearing trend-setter... etc, etc... 

I'm done with the internet!
Done, I tell yer!

Tbf you were right. I happened to mention it to someone at work Friday who had just caught wind of the proposed work having just been shelved.

2 hours ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

I'll be driving up from Bristol on Saturday.  So, are you ITK people now saying the route through Alvo Park will be open as normal??

Would be great if so!

COYR

It is open yes! ITK

Although it wouldn't suprise me if Aston Villa nip in and close it at the last minute!!