Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Who we thinking is next?

Hoping for Ryan but wouldn't be surprised if it's Hladky seeing as @SECornerRAMhas been pretty spot on so far.

Then a bit more work needs doing through the middle.

x2 centre-halves.

x2 central midfielders (we have lost Hourihane, Adams, Bird and Smith and only signed one so far, depending on how you view Osborn). 

And I think 1 or 2 more attacking players. A forward and a wide-man, perhaps.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hoping for Ryan but wouldn't be surprised if it's Hladky seeing as @SECornerRAMhas been pretty spot on so far.

x2 centre-halves.

x2 central midfielders (we have lost Hourihane, Adams, Bird and Smith and only signed one so far, depending on how you view Osborn). 

Don’t know if we need 2 centre halves. Bradley, Nelson, Cashin, Rooney, Forsyth. With Elder, Nyambe and even Robinson able to play there if needed in a back three.

My dream window is

1 goalie + maybe an experienced 3rd choice for a year

1 centre back 

3 more centre mids, 1 being a defensive midfielder, one box to box and a 10 who can also play wide. 

1 Striker, a big man who can play alongside Yates in a two. 

Sell or Loan Washington and Fornah.

Loan out Robinson and Dajaune. 

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

x2 centre-halves.

What’s your thinking behind 2 centre-halves? I’d have thought with the options we currently have (Nelson, Cashin, Bradley, Forsyth, Rooney, Nyambe) 1 more would be enough to improve the options and provide competition/cover if none of them move on. 

DISCLAIMER - just saw 2 people reply with similar comments, this is meant as a discussion point and not a pile on! 😁 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Don’t want to appear to be piling onto anyone

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Don’t know if we need 2 centre halves. Bradley, Nelson, Cashin, Rooney, Forsyth. With Elder, Nyambe and even Robinson able to play there if needed in a back three.

My dream window is

1 goalie + maybe an experienced 3rd choice for a year

1 centre back 

3 more centre mids, 1 being a defensive midfielder, one box to box and a 10 who can also play wide. 

1 Striker, a big man who can play alongside Yates in a two. 

Sell or Loan Washington and Fornah.

Loan out Robinson and Dajaune. 

Some semi realistic names for what I mentioned. 

Hladky 

Souttar 

Ebou, Hinshelwood (loan), Karamoko Dembele 

Theo Bair 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What’s your thinking behind 2 centre-halves? I’d have thought with the options we currently have (Nelson, Cashin, Bradley, Forsyth, Rooney, Nyambe) 1 more would be enough to improve the options and provide competition/cover if none of them move on. 

DISCLAIMER - just saw 2 people reply with similar comments, this is meant as a discussion point and not a pile on! 😁 

I'll reply to yours but in response to all:

My thinking behind x2 centre-halves is as follows - 

With Cashin I don't see a problem. Nelson had a fantastic year last season but struggled at Cardiff and Blackpool when last in the Championship. There's no guarantee his performances will drop but we have to accept that the opposition will be harder. Bradley...the case is out. Nyambe I'm not convinced is totally comfortable in that position. As for Craig Forsyth...if he is going to start for us in this division we won't be in it for very long.

A little harsh maybe, but Warne said he'd need to be ruthless with his recruitment. I don't want to see us go straight back down to League One and a back three of Cashin-Nelson-Bradley wouldn't fill me with confidence. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

x2 centre-halves.

We'll only sign 2 CBs if Cashin goes.

3x CMs, 1x #10 (AM / W), 1x CF

23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

x2 centre-halves.

Yeah possibly. To be honest, I would be happy with any one of those keepers, but like you my preference would be Ryan.

I think we need at least 2 midfielders in really. Osborn, I think will predominantly be a midfielder but will play LWB if needed. Say Ebou, Osborn, Kenzo and 2 more really. Then potentially look to loan out Fornah and Robinson.

We are pretty stocked at centre half, but one more I think. Maybe 1 like Nyambe who can also play full back in a 4.

I agree on the attacking players. One forward and a wideman.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We are pretty stocked at centre half, but one more I think. Maybe 1 like Nyambe who can also play full back in a 4.

We are, but here's my thinking...

If we're going to play with a back 3, we need 6 centre-halves.

At the moment, that is: Cashin, Nelson, Bradley, Nyambe, Forsyth, Rooney.

In my opinion (and perhaps I'm being overly harsh) the only two that will cut it in the Championship  are the two in bold

So on that basis, I think we need at least one more starting centre-half, and another as back-up. Perhaps a Prem loan.

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'll reply to yours but in response to all:

My thinking behind x2 centre-halves is as follows - 

With Cashin I don't see a problem. Nelson had a fantastic year last season but struggled at Cardiff and Blackpool when last in the Championship. There's no guarantee his performances will drop but we have to accept that the opposition will be harder. Bradley...the case is out. Nyambe I'm not convinced is totally comfortable in that position. As for Craig Forsyth...if he is going to start for us in this division we won't be in it for very long.

A little harsh maybe, but Warne said he'd need to be ruthless with his recruitment. I don't want to see us go straight back down to League One and a back three of Cashin-Nelson-Bradley wouldn't fill me with confidence. 

Cool, I see the logic. The challenge I see is carrying those numbers in the squad if no one moves on, keeping them all content and involved could be a challenge. 
Personally I think Nelson and Cashin showed enough last season to do well at Championship level. Nelson has over 100 apps at Championship level and whilst he was part of a relegated Blackpool side he wasn’t there for the whole season only joining in the January so I’m reluctant to pin their relegation on him alone. I’d trust them as a 2 in the champ and with Nyambe in a 3, though we’d potentially give away height in that set up.

I mentioned in another thread that Bradley and Forsyth, along with Rooney would be the backups for me, covering injury/suspension, playing the occasional games in the league and cup. Add one more, younger and more robust cb into that group and I think there’s enough depth and cover. 
Defensively it’s left back/left wing back that worries me unless the plan is for Osborn to play there. Elder had his injuries last season and Foz is a great servant, but an aging one.

I’d go with us needing;

2 x GK (or maybe 1 and trust the young lads as 3rd choice?)

1 x CB (lower down the priority list)

1 x LWB (a luxury want)

2 x CM

1 x CF (I don’t feel we need another wide attacker unless someone moves on with NML, CBT, Barkhuizen, Jackson, and Wilson/Ward also options)

Still plenty of work to do. 

Goalkeeper: any of the 4 linked would be a step up from last season. 

LWB: Longman 

CB: ? 

CM1: Ebou 

CM2: Bobby Clarke 

Attacker: Dembele 

Striker: Joe Taylor (Luton) 

giving us a squad of: 

GK: New quality, Vickers, Young lad 

RWB: Ward, Wilson

RB: Nyambe 

CB (in a 3) : Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Bradley, Rooney, Forsyth, ? 

LWB: Longman, Elder 

CM: Osbourne, Kenzo, Ebou, Clarke, Thompson, Fornah, Robinson 

Secondary attackers: NML, Jackson, CBT, Dembele, Barkhuizen

Strikers: Yates, Taylor, Collins, Washington, Brown 

52 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Cool, I see the logic. The challenge I see is carrying those numbers in the squad if no one moves on, keeping them all content and involved could be a challenge. 
Personally I think Nelson and Cashin showed enough last season to do well at Championship level. Nelson has over 100 apps at Championship level and whilst he was part of a relegated Blackpool side he wasn’t there for the whole season only joining in the January so I’m reluctant to pin their relegation on him alone. I’d trust them as a 2 in the champ and with Nyambe in a 3, though we’d potentially give away height in that set up.

I mentioned in another thread that Bradley and Forsyth, along with Rooney would be the backups for me, covering injury/suspension, playing the occasional games in the league and cup. Add one more, younger and more robust cb into that group and I think there’s enough depth and cover. 
Defensively it’s left back/left wing back that worries me unless the plan is for Osborn to play there. Elder had his injuries last season and Foz is a great servant, but an aging one.

I’d go with us needing;

2 x GK (or maybe 1 and trust the young lads as 3rd choice?)

1 x CB (lower down the priority list)

1 x LWB (a luxury want)

2 x CM

1 x CF (I don’t feel we need another wide attacker unless someone moves on with NML, CBT, Barkhuizen, Jackson, and Wilson/Ward also options)

Still plenty of work to do. 

Pretty much agree with this. I'm unsure at the moment if we be playing Osborn at left wing back primarily or centre mid and if we play with a midfield 2 or 3. This will obviously change the focus on how many centre midfielders we need and if we need another left wing back.

I’m part of the ‘it’s a new era, no more reckless spending’ brigade however Taylor from Luton is the type of player that if available (has proven himself at league 1 and looked dangerous) I’d be willing to push the boat out for (within reason, ie <£3m aka the two sell on clause payments) because I think he’s the sort of young raw player who someone would pay us £10m for if he has a decent season. Though I can understand if we’re not quite there yet with being able to spend millions (plural) on a single player. 

1 minute ago, SECornerRAM said:

Been a turn in Adams this week 

Looks likely

Cardiff come to their senses / Adams pushed the needle

Everyone at the club expects this to be done in the next week or so - looks like 650k plus add ons and sell on 

To my knowledge Ryan is going to Millwall, things change very quickly though ATM 

Great news on Ebou

Millwall?! Weird

2 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Been a turn in Adams this week 

Looks likely

Cardiff come to their senses / Adams pushed the needle

Everyone at the club expects this to be done in the next week or so - looks like 650k plus add ons and sell on 

To my knowledge Ryan is going to Millwall, things change very quickly though ATM 

Millwall signing a different keeper?