Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

But he will cost a sum of money if a club wants to sign him in the summer, hence why Blackburn had agreed a sum of money to pay in the summer. he won't be a free signing.

I never suggested signing him in the summer said sign him.in January for free if he is still available there are others we can bring in for the summer all depends what they want in the summer anyway might be less than what you imagine with his contract almost up

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Where does that say what Blackburn had agreed to pay prior to the deal falling through?

Hornby was born in Northampton would be class as a home grown player 

Max Johnston st Strum Gratz to was born in Middlesbrough would be classed as home grown as well if we ever signed him great player as well and young

2 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

I never suggested signing him in the summer said sign him.in January for free if he is still available there are others we can bring in for the summer all depends what they want in the summer anyway might be less than what you imagine with his contract almost up

Appologies if I misread what you posted then. It's hard to keep up when only you have suggested players over the past 8 pages of this thread. Your post suggested we go in for him if Blackburn aren't interested in him anymore, but didn't directly state waiting for him to run down his contract. This is also the summer suggestion thread, so you can see why I got mixed up.

However, your squad, assuming all out of contract players leave and all of your suggestions join:

GK: Vickers, Kelly, McCrorie, Slicker, Wickens
RCB: Nelson, Nyambe, Rooney, Welsh
CB: Bradley, SouttarMcKennaMayo, Hamilton
LCB: Cashin, Worrell, Wood, Deas
RWB: Ward, Wilson, StrainRalston, Mulligan, Johnston
LWB: Elder, Beck
CM: ACampbell, Watson, Barron, Miller
CM: Fornah, BaccusIrving, JCampbell, Jack
RW: Armstrong, Cameron, Doak, Poveda 
LW: Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor
CF: Washington, Bair, McBurnie, Nouble, Bowie, Hornby, McGuire

Only a respectable 48 man squad. A couple more and we'll have as many as Forest.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Appologies if I misread what you posted then. It's hard to keep up when only you have suggested players over the past 8 pages of this thread. Your post suggested we go in for him if Blackburn aren't interested in him anymore, but didn't directly state waiting for him to run down his contract. This is also the summer suggestion thread, so you can see why I got mixed up.

However, your squad, assuming all out of contract players leave and all of your suggestions join:

Only a respectable 48 man squad. A couple more and we'll have as many as Forest.

And that’s assuming we let all the players who are out of contract in the summer leave!!

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cameron is more a CAM than a right winger or forward he only really plays there for the U21 team

I said Jack and McBurnie were injury prone so wasn't sure same as Souttar but if Souttar can avoid getting injured to the end of the season and isn't in Rangers plans he would be a great signing 

Also said Miller and Watson would be good if we were looking at spending money so why when in other thread you spoke about not having any why would you put them in here?

Nouble is a league one signing so wouldn't have him in the mix for the championship 

Bowie has potential cos he is younger 

Pretty sure said Wood had another year option so again another strange addition like Worrell and MacKenna who people say we couldn't afford there wages

Mayo Deas Cameron Armstrong J Campbell Bair Mulligan would all cost money

Hornby Beck Ralston Welsh Souttar A Campbell Doak might cone on loan

All that mentioned was Wickens having a good game and McCrorie needing to move but he is better than Hazard the Plymouth keeper probably be available on loan to

Out those options really like the look of Slicker who think is gonna be a top keeper but if they don't go up and Celtic sign Hlacky he might stay

Places we need to add this summer :

Keepers  No 

RB - No 

LB - One in to rotate with Sibley/Elder 

CBs - No we got Rooney 

Midfield - 2 needed to cover Birdy going and Fornah or hourihane moving on.

Wingers - No 

Strikers - 2 needed to cover Waghorn, JJ and Washington moving on.

1 minute ago, Dryhorce said:

Cameron is more a CAM than a right winger or forward he only really plays there for the U21 team

I said Jack and McBurnie were injury prone so wasn't sure same as Souttar but if Souttar can avoid getting injured to the end of the season and isn't in Rangers plans he would be a great signing 

Also said Miller and Watson would be good if we were looking at spending money so why when in other thread you spoke about not having any why would you put them in here?

Nouble is a league one signing so wouldn't have him in the mix for the championship 

Bowie has potential cos he is younger 

Pretty sure said Wood had another year option so again another strange addition like Worrell and MacKenna who people say we couldn't afford there wages

Mayo Deas Cameron Armstrong J Campbell Bair Mulligan would all cost money

Hornby Beck Ralston Welsh Souttar A Campbell Doak might cone on loan

All that mentioned was Wickens having a good game and McCrorie needing to move but he is better than Hazard the Plymouth keeper probably be available on loan to

Out those options really like the look of Slicker who think is gonna be a top keeper but if they don't go up and Celtic sign Hlacky he might stay

I included all of your suggestions. Why would I take into account other people's opinions when you even said "they would all be coming in to play" in a follow up to me asking how many we should sign.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Forsyth can stay as he's Scottish. Hourihane and Collins can too as they're Irish. The rest don't meet the requirements I'm afraid.

No there all past it and suggesting players isn't about the nationality it's about there availability and ability and obviously what there wage demands are

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I included all of your suggestions. Why would I take into account other people's opinions when you even said "they would all be coming in to play" in a follow up to me asking how many we should sign.

I do take them into account but take mines into account to like Strain and Baccus have more Australia caps than Elder possibly might make them better players in the Australia management eyes right?

Perfect free transfers 

2 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

No there all past it and suggesting players isn't about the nationality it's about there availability and ability and obviously what there wage demands are

I seriously doubt your judgement of ability when you think a 28 year old forward with zero goals in 27 appearances this season would be a "quality" signing. He has 7 goals in 73 league appearances for Livingston, following on from 4 goals in 20 games for Arbroath.

Your suggestions just come accross as naming any player you've heard of without actually looking into whether they would be a good signing for us or not.

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Kelly

MacKenna Souttar Welsh 

Beck  Baccus Barron Cameron Ralston

Bair.  Hornby

Accounting that a fee been made for Cameron and Bair

Souttar Welsh Ralston Beck Hornby loan

I think that is a strong side that keeps us in the division and hopefully gets us fighting for promotion 

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I seriously doubt your judgement of ability when you think a 28 year old forward with zero goals in 27 appearances this season would be a "quality" signing. He has 7 goals in 73 league appearances for Livingston, following on from 4 goals in 20 games for Arbroath.

Your suggestions just come accross as naming any player you've heard of without actually looking into whether they would be a good signing for us or not.

Nouble has been playing left wing this season and the seasons before but can play up top was answering the guy talking about a Joe Jordan and Nouble when pushed up front is aggressive and physical doubt the Exeter scouts that tried to buy him to then

Ross Stewart was hardly banging them.in at Ross County before joining Sunderland only got 15 and was playing in the lower levels of Scottish football and the equivalent of non league 

Lyndon Dykes was hardly prolithic either at Livingston but both done well in the big games and earned there moves

Hornby is banging them in either or playing in Germany but he is learning a different style with different coaches 

And is very much a Ross Stewart type if we got him to produce the goods in the championship it would be a masterstroke 

Every signing it's all about taking the chance isn't it?Cos the tried and tested are gold dust

Edited by Dryhorce

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Livingston also lost a lot of players this year and last there a very poor side just now and will get relagated but Nouble is one of there better players who I'm sure will move back to England in the summer probably league one

Kelly is a decent CM though I'm sure that he'll get a move back up to the SPFL but they don't have a lot of quality now

Anyway it's cool your allowed your opinion and as I say these are only suggestions we probably not even looking at any of them anyway

MacKenna and Souttar are really good passers of the ball out the back that is why I choosed them and big Welsh is pacey good in the air think it would work together and he would link with Ralston really well

But what the hell do I know?

1 hour ago, Dryhorce said:

Kelly

MacKenna Souttar Welsh 

Beck  Baccus Barron Cameron Ralston

Bair.  Hornby

Accounting that a fee been made for Cameron and Bair

Souttar Welsh Ralston Beck Hornby loan

I think that is a strong side that keeps us in the division and hopefully gets us fighting for promotion 

So we get promotion this season and as reward to the current players, everyone loses their place and seemingly leaves?

I'm sure that's a great way of growing club culture and our new found reputation within the game/EFL.

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Places we need to add this summer :

Keepers  No 

RB - No 

LB - One in to rotate with Sibley/Elder 

CBs - No we got Rooney 

Midfield - 2 needed to cover Birdy going and Fornah or hourihane moving on.

Wingers - No 

Strikers - 2 needed to cover Waghorn, JJ and Washington moving on.

Washington isnt going anywhere. He has 2 years left and is Warne's signing.