Derby Vs Exeter Help

SK47

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

Have stood on there as a neutral. Great atmosphere! 

It's a great club if I'm honest, my daughter loves it there. The players interact brilliantly with the kids every game,all the staff are so welcoming towards her and they do open tours before games, it's got her interested in girls football. 

She hasn't experienced pride park yet as we live near Exeter and family ties to derby are gone now, but when she's a bit older I've promised her I'll take her to a midlands Derby to show her a proper rowdy atmosphere! 

Hi everybody, my first post. My daughter has got us 2 tickets for the Exeter game. In a standing terrace do we have to stand in an allocated space? She’s concerned we won’t be able to stand together. I said everybody probably wanders around and stands where they like. TIA

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hi everybody, my first post. My daughter has got us 2 tickets for the Exeter game. In a standing terrace do we have to stand in an allocated space? She’s concerned we won’t be able to stand together. I said everybody probably wanders around and stands where they like. TIA

Welcome to the forum.
I'm no expert, but I believe the tickets are sold in a similar way to the seats... ie numbered positions... but that's merely for technical reasons, to keep an on-line tally.
In reality, I can't see how it would be feasible... or indeed remotely possible... to keep tabs on who stands where.

I'll be utterly amazed if you are anything less than "absolutely fine", and other than the odd crowd sway, will be able to stand with each other throughout the game.

Relax, enjoy, and come on you Rams!

🐏

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

You can stand and wander where you like in the away terrace, no allocated space. It's small and made of thin metal so bounces when fans bounce, it's a great experience 👍

Edited by bimmerman

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Thank you! Looks like we’ll be ok then. Looking forward to bouncing!

It’s unreserved so you can stand where you want.

However I would suggest if you want the best view, get to the ground a little earlier before it fills up and people get into position.

We got to the ground with very little time to spare last time and we were stood towards one end near the touchline and it does affect your view of other parts of the pitch.

We had to move at half time, but luckily we got a great view of McGoldrick’s double in the second half. So all in all it was a very enjoyable experience.

Looking for help aswell ... but a lift back to Bristol after the game, fly into Bristol Tuesday morning and back out Wednesday morning. Catch train down after hotel sorted at airport... 

Pm me if any one can help out 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Anyone know what it's like after the game? We want to get the train from Exeter St James ro Exeter St Thomas and haven't got tonnes of time to spare

Last train to Bristol is 2242.. 

Exter st David Station is

10min taxi

30min walk

from ground 

🙈

Edited by OUTSIDER

47 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

Last train to Bristol is 2242.. 

Exter st David Station is

10min taxi

30min walk

from ground 

🙈

Well that is nothing to do with what I stated. I'm going from Exeter St James to Exeter St Thomas at 21.52. 

42 minutes ago, sage said:

Anyone know what it's like after the game? We want to get the train from Exeter St James ro Exeter St Thomas and haven't got tonnes of time to spare

The trouble you have is that the trains from St. James’ Park are very irregular in the evenings (20:20; 21:50, 22:50) so it all depends on how much additional time there is during the game and bear in mind, the trains will be busier than usual and normally on the branch lines, there are fewer carriages.

If you want to get to St. Thomas and you miss that 21:50 train it might be a good idea to get a taxi. Apple Taxis is the local firm.

You can also walk back into the city centre and you can get to the St. Thomas area by walking down Fore St (it starts at the end of High St at the junction with North St to the right and South St to the left) and when you reach the roundabout by the river take the road that runs to the right of the retail park with M&S and Next. However this would be a last resort.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The trouble you have is that the trains from St. James’ Park are very irregular in the evenings (20:20; 21:50, 22:50) so it all depends on how much additional time there is during the game and bear in mind, the trains will be busier than usual and normally on the branch lines, there are fewer carriages.

If you want to get to St. Thomas and you miss that 21:50 train it might be a good idea to get a taxi. Apple Taxis is the local firm.

You can also walk back into the city centre and you can get to the St. Thomas area by walking down Fore St (it starts at the end of High St at the junction with North St to the right and South St to the left) and when you reach the roundabout by the river take the road that runs to the right of the retail park with M&S and Next. However this would be a last resort.

The train is 21. 51 so very much hoping to get it, was just wondering if they force away fans in an opposite direction as what happens at some grounds like Blackpool. We are staying 3/4 mile south of St Thomas so certainly not walking ground to digs.

1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

Looking for help aswell ... but a lift back to Bristol after the game, fly into Bristol Tuesday morning and back out Wednesday morning. Catch train down after hotel sorted at airport... 

Pm me if any one can help out 

Look into the Falcon run by Stagecoach and Megabus.

It’s a bus that runs between Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol and Bristol Airport.

They have buses all through the night. It might be a good idea if trains are cancelled / missed.

19 minutes ago, sage said:

The train is 21. 51 so very much hoping to get it, was just wondering if they force away fans in an opposite direction as what happens at some grounds like Blackpool. We are staying 3/4 mile south of St Thomas so certainly not walking ground to digs.

I am sure it will be fine as @bimmerman alluded to about the mingling and mixing. If it was Plymouth at home, different story.

If you miss the train, I would walk back into the centre and book a taxi personally.

Failing that, look into buses. The bus station is a short walk from the stadium, just off Sidwell St near the leisure centre. There are buses that go towards Alphington, Exwick and St. Thomas well past 10pm.

24 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Look into the Falcon run by Stagecoach and Megabus.

It’s a bus that runs between Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol and Bristol Airport.

They have buses all through the night. It might be a good idea if trains are cancelled / missed.

Thanks I look into this 

38 minutes ago, sage said:

Well that is nothing to do with what I stated. I'm going from Exeter St James to Exeter St Thomas at 21.52. 

Ooo OK 

Was commenting on my choice and its also bit tight