Derby Vs Exeter Help

SK47

29 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am sure it will be fine as @bimmerman alluded to about the mingling and mixing. If it was Plymouth at home, different story.

If you miss the train, I would walk back into the centre and book a taxi personally.

Failing that, look into buses. The bus station is a short walk from the stadium, just off Sidwell St near the leisure centre. There are buses that go towards Alphington, Exwick and St. Thomas well past 10pm.

Cheers. The E2 is almost door to door, or Kebab Shop to Wetherspoons.  

Edited by sage

1 hour ago, sage said:

The train is 21. 51 so very much hoping to get it, was just wondering if they force away fans in an opposite direction as what happens at some grounds like Blackpool. We are staying 3/4 mile south of St Thomas so certainly not walking ground to digs.

I’m staying in the same hotel in the city centre as last year, I don’t know about the trains but there was no issues about walking back to the centre in about 15/20 minutes.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I’m staying in the same hotel in the city centre as last year, I don’t know about the trains but there was no issues about walking back to the centre in about 15/20 minutes.

We are a mile or so south of the centre. Going to be a bus winker for the night.

Edited by sage

10 hours ago, sage said:

The train is 21. 51 so very much hoping to get it, was just wondering if they force away fans in an opposite direction as what happens at some grounds like Blackpool. We are staying 3/4 mile south of St Thomas so certainly not walking ground to digs.

Doubt you'll get forced in any opposite direction,only seen it against Plymouth, home and away fans welcome throughout the red square which is the bar and food area, and there's never any trouble. It's run by volunteers and is a small city so if there's ever any trouble the club take firm action immediately and people are found very very quickly, so it's kinda an unwritten rule to just not be a dick. You obviously get the few rowdy kids but their just that, kids

St Thomas is only a walk through the high street away, if youre mobile I'd consider walking it as its really not that far, 10 minute walk, is a small city

10 hours ago, sage said:

Not in my experience,  Sage, but that was at a match against Swindon Town. We were all mixed in together and very friendly. The small platform and two carriages were packed, though.

I thought they put an extra service on for us last year but I might have made that up? 🤔 

9 hours ago, Foreveram said:

That's what we're doing, now I am mobile again.

1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

Doubt you'll get forced in any opposite direction,only seen it against Plymouth, home and away fans welcome throughout the red square which is the bar and food area, and there's never any trouble. It's run by volunteers and is a small city so if there's ever any trouble the club take firm action immediately and people are found very very quickly, so it's kinda an unwritten rule to just not be a dick. You obviously get the few rowdy kids but their just that, kids

St Thomas is only a walk through the high street away, if youre mobile I'd consider walking it as its really not that far, 10 minute walk, is a small city

I've got dodgy knees (awaiting op) so after standing I don't want to walk the 2 miles back to your airbnb. We are 3/4m south of St Thomas  

1 hour ago, sage said:

I've got dodgy knees (awaiting op) so after standing I don't want to walk the 2 miles back to your airbnb. We are 3/4m south of St Thomas  

Fair enough. There's a bus stop a short walk out if the ground opposite the odeon and all fares in Exeter are currently £2 or under if that's any help, the bus service through the city is pretty good

I'd offer to give you a lift but I'll be cycling in, parking in town is expensive now! 

8 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Fair enough. There's a bus stop a short walk out if the ground opposite the odeon and all fares in Exeter are currently £2 or under if that's any help, the bus service through the city is pretty good

I'd offer to give you a lift but I'll be cycling in, parking in town is expensive now! 

Yeah found the bus stop.

10 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Come on now mate. 

@sage is arguably the most helpful forumite on here, and you're still making excuses!

Whatever happened to:

#kindred spirits
#teamwork
#all in it together
#etc...

taga-bike-gif.gif?w=480

Morning all, hope you all have a safe trip down to our fair city but leave with your tails between your legs. I’m very much hoping for a win to avenge last season’s home game when you had that keeper made of paper, where any sort of draught blew him over. Not that I hold a grudge.

As some have already said, the away end is unallocated standing so you’ll be able to stand where you want. Hopefully you’ll play so badly you’ll want to face the back of the stand, but do as you will.

And if you’re wondering why we don’t sell alcohol in the ground, it’s because you have a big away following. The rules are that alcohol can’t be consumed within sight of the pitch and when we have an away following of more than 600, we can’t accommodate you behind the stand, meaning you’d have to spill over into the terrace and therefore be within sight of the pitch. Sorry about that.

The Red Square fan zone at the club is very welcoming, you’ll be able to walk round in your Derby colours if you want, there won’t be any trouble at all unless you start it, it’s a very friendly place and it would be fantastic to see you there. Plenty of food and beer (hog roast, chips, burgers, etc).

Safe travels to all, enjoy your evening but without taking any points back with you please.

4 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Morning all, hope you all have a safe trip down to our fair city but leave with your tails between your legs. I’m very much hoping for a win to avenge last season’s home game when you had that keeper made of paper, where any sort of draught blew him over. Not that I hold a grudge.

As some have already said, the away end is unallocated standing so you’ll be able to stand where you want. Hopefully you’ll play so badly you’ll want to face the back of the stand, but do as you will.

And if you’re wondering why we don’t sell alcohol in the ground, it’s because you have a big away following. The rules are that alcohol can’t be consumed within sight of the pitch and when we have an away following of more than 600, we can’t accommodate you behind the stand, meaning you’d have to spill over into the terrace and therefore be within sight of the pitch. Sorry about that.

The Red Square fan zone at the club is very welcoming, you’ll be able to walk round in your Derby colours if you want, there won’t be any trouble at all unless you start it, it’s a very friendly place and it would be fantastic to see you there. Plenty of food and beer (hog roast, chips, burgers, etc).

Safe travels to all, enjoy your evening but without taking any points back with you please.

Not just standing, we also have seats in the main stand.

Happy to help you fill your ground.😉

6 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

TBH Fred, complaints from opposition fans about Wildsmith's time-wasting fall on deaf ears here, because no oppo fan ever comes on here to apologise for their team's gamesmanship, of which we see more than enough at our place. I think it's the referee's job to punish teams for that, but as 99% of them who officiate in this league are about as effective as the proverbial chocolate teapot in that regard, it's a forlorn hope.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the game as it's a new ground for me and it sounds like you've got a good setup down there. 

4 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It's been a sellout most games for the past 2 seasons from home fans I hate to tell you.. 

5 hours ago, Foreveram said:

1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

It's been a sellout most games for the past 2 seasons from home fans I hate to tell you.. 

And the away fans 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

And the away fans 🤷🏻‍♂️

Again-sold out more often then not, only your Northamptons and readings of the world that havnt sold their allocations really. Best fans I've seen this season were Blackpool, they filled it and were sooo loud and dead friendly 

26 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Again-sold out more often then not, only your Northamptons and readings of the world that havnt sold their allocations really. Best fans I've seen this season were Blackpool, they filled it and were sooo loud and dead friendly 

Not wishing to take anything away from Exeter or their supporters a simple fact check proves you wrong on many levels.

No sellouts over the previous two seasons and before that an average of around 4k +.

Reading was one of the highest away numbers, one of I think only three above 1,000, Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers being the others.

Most of the others being a few hundred.

Blackpool 726 on a Saturday.

I hope all the 1,361 of our sold out allocation make it there on a Tuesday night.

Looking forward to it 

29 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Reading was one of the highest away numbers

31 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

No sellouts over the previous two seasons and before that an average of around 4k +

Unfortunately, your 'simple fact check' is inncorrect. Believe it was 61 they bought on a Tuesday night when they won 9 - 0. And this is from me scrolling back about 10 posts on WhatsApp

Screenshot_20240211_180309.jpg

11 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Unfortunately, your 'simple fact check' is inncorrect. Believe it was 61 they bought on a Tuesday night when they won 9 - 0. And this is from me scrolling back about 10 posts on WhatsApp

Screenshot_20240211_180309.jpg

I suggest you check the official Exeter site for the Reading league game 😂