Ex/Reformed Football Hooligan wanted for Case Study

utisbug

8 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

The cheeky Chesterfield lads named their "firm" the CLF Chesterfield Lunatic Fringe, Now I wonder where they got that idea from 🤷‍♂️

This is a tale from one who was there...not me, A Derby group headed for Chelsea...game postponed so they headed for Barnet Vs Ilkeston, Unfortunately the day was over before it started, Some Derby lads decided to have a go at some Barnet fans, Unfortunately either close by or with the fans were some professional wrestlers...Barnet 1 Derby 0 😁

image.thumb.png.297ff23c29a19f1614edf2cf067c0e65.png

I thought flares were out of fashion in the 80s

On 12/01/2024 at 14:32, Mucker1884 said:

I stand to be corrected, but I believe it was similar at Millwall... Initially, their mob were just known as "Yobs".

It wasn't until that PO semi against us... and with acknowledgement to Graham Richards... that they became "officially" known as "The Brainless Maniacs".

👀

There was a time when Millwall attended games in doctor's scrubs and called themselves "Treatment".

On 14/01/2024 at 10:42, Ram-Alf said:

The cheeky Chesterfield lads named their "firm" the CLF Chesterfield Lunatic Fringe, Now I wonder where they got that idea from 🤷‍♂️

This is a tale from one who was there...not me, A Derby group headed for Chelsea...game postponed so they headed for Barnet Vs Ilkeston, Unfortunately the day was over before it started, Some Derby lads decided to have a go at some Barnet fans, Unfortunately either close by or with the fans were some professional wrestlers...Barnet 1 Derby 0 😁

image.thumb.png.297ff23c29a19f1614edf2cf067c0e65.png

A certain Mr Riley from Ilson having his arse nipped by a police dog i believe 🤣

7 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

A certain Mr Riley from Ilson having his arse nipped by a police dog i believe 🤣

It's a cutting from a website I looked after when the original owner was in a commercial battle with a competitor...security, He's since passed and I closed it down a few years later.

There were 100s of clippings he kept, But overtime the defunct website has only 1 page left.

The lad you mention I do not know 🤷‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

It's a cutting from a website I looked after when the original owner was in a commercial battle with a competitor...security, He's since passed and I closed it down a few years later.

There were 100s of clippings he kept, But overtime the defunct website has only 1 page left.

The lad you mention I do not know  🤷‍♂️ 

He was commonly known as Walt, used to travel with him and some of his mates on the felix to away games. The felix used to pick us up at the wilmot in Chaddesden usually it already had a load on from Ilkeston we used to keep our heads down they were all nuts. I usually had mucker with me as he’s already divulged his fighting prowess earlier in the thread you’ll understand why we kept our heads down 

32 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

He was commonly known as Walt, used to travel with him and some of his mates on the felix to away games. The felix used to pick us up at the wilmot in Chaddesden usually it already had a load on from Ilkeston we used to keep our heads down they were all nuts. I usually had mucker with me as he’s already divulged his fighting prowess earlier in the thread you’ll understand why we kept our heads down 

As a Chadd Lad I know the Wilmot Arms very well, Rhino, Spinning Wheel, Beau Brummel, JFK, The Kingfisher, The Rocket, Penguin and occasionally the Blue Boy 😉 I've had a few beers in them all 👍

Travelled on the Felix to away games on the odd occasion, Not too many Ilson lads on at the times I travelled 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Big  John by any chance?

We'd sink a few pints in the Tiger Bar...John would still be going strong when I'd had my fill of ale, And he'd be up and ready for another session the next day, A cracking lad with the stories to go with it...as you know 😉

12 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

As a Chadd Lad I know the Wilmot Arms very well, Rhino, Spinning Wheel, Beau Brummel, JFK, The Kingfisher, The Rocket, Penguin and occasionally the Blue Boy 😉 I've had a few beers in them all 👍

Travelled on the Felix to away games on the odd occasion, Not too many Ilson lads on at the times I travelled 🤷‍♂️

There’s only the wilmot and beau Brummell left and they’re under different names

20 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

There’s only the wilmot and beau Brummell left and they’re under different names

Steaming Billy and The Park 👍

I have a mooch round Chadd Park, Trenton Green, Morley Rd and Max Rd from time to time just to rekindle the memories...not a great deal of change...even bump into some old friends who still live there, I left some 38 years ago ☺️

1 hour ago, Henrycav81 said:

I'd forgotten about Walt... and his right hand man (Began with G... Garth was it? 🤷‍♂️).  Hadn't taken a proper look at that pic, but now you mention it, and looking again, that's definitely him.  👍
After being a bit scary (to me/us) when we first started on the Felix buses, it turned out that Ilson mob were a bloody good set of lads on there... and I always felt a bit safer when they were around!  🤣

Happy days, 'n all that!  👍🐏

Oh... and as for your cheeky comment at the end... erm... Oh, OK... Fair point!   🤣
You wanna see me now though mate.  Absolute brickhouse!  💪

25 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd forgotten about Walt... and his right hand man (Began with G... Garth was it? 🤷‍♂️).  Hadn't taken a proper look at that pic, but now you mention it, and looking again, that's definitely him.  👍
After being a bit scary (to me/us) when we first started on the Felix buses, it turned out that Ilson mob were a bloody good set of lads on there... and I always felt a bit safer when they were around!  🤣

Oh... and as for your cheeky comment at the end... erm... Oh, OK... Fair point!   🤣

Still see Walt occasionally at the match, used to work with him at the pit in the 80s, good bloke, worked the doors up Ilson as well.

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Garth was a big hard fecker, Walt’s best mate seemed to be a lad called Haggis but your right they were a good set of lads 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Still see Walt occasionally at the match, used to work with him at the pit in the 80s, good bloke, worked the doors up Ilson as well.

Ah yes... I'd also forgotten he worked the doors! I started drinking "Up town" after shacking up with my missus (Ilson lass), so the latter 80's by then.  Bumped into him a few times on the doors (Market Inn?), now you mention it!
Getting a welcoming handshake and a smile from the bouncer is quite the VIP treatment to a pussycat like me!  🤣

My chum Orbrey (not his real name to protect his identity) was a hooli in the 80s - he was always involved in some bru ha ha's with the chaps from daan Landon or Oup Norf- i remember once he was rucking with some of the nice chaps known as the zulu's from West Bromwich or somewhere. They were having a dust up in a local park when they all got slightly too close to the local swans- well with it being mating season and all that these said large white birds went into attack mode dragging poor Orbrey and one of the zulu's into the pond.

Ive not seen him since , must check he got home ok. Anyway please heed the warning and don't go near swans , they can break a humans arm when pushed.

If he ever resurfaces he'd be a good one for you interview. Probably best not meet him at Darley park or anywhere where there is significant bird life...

4 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

One hit Walt, still goes to games now and has got fists like sledge hammers.

3 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

Garth was a big hard fecker, Walt’s best mate seemed to be a lad called Haggis but your right they were a good set of lads 

Went to tech (ilson)with Garth late 70's. Went to watch Forest/Derby in the infamous Boxing Day game 78 with the Ilson mob at Garth's invitation.

Ended up in the Trent End then chucked out after the rucks started.

We hung round Notts for the next two hours, having a few pints before heading back towards the station.

Got herded onto the Ramaway by the police (just to get us out of Nottingham as quickly as possible).

Not wanting to go all the way to Derby a plan was hatched that someone would pull the emergency cord just before Long Eaton and with luck we would stop more or less at the platform.

After much harsh debate, as to who and exactly when the cord should be pulled we had already passed through Long Eaton before the said act took place.

Fortunately the train stopped exactly on Sawley Road Level crossing and we piled out and began the longer walk back to Ilkeston.

About 8.30 by the time we got back to The Market inn.

Safe to say, being a bit of a Wuss i never went with them to another game again!!