Love the darts.......can I interest anyone...

Chester40

Talk about an overreaction.

The tone of my first post clearly wasn't all that serious and is mainly me taking the piss out of myself. However I do mention a "level of twattery" which refers to certain elements of the crowd's behaviour which put me off the idea of going to watch it live, and I stick by that description.

Large groups of pissed up 'lads' (wherever they may be) can be amongst other things: borish, mindless, raucous, disrespectful of others. If you go to watch the darts you know that there will be plenty of this type of behaviour and more than any other sport it actually seems to be actively encouraged. 

It doesn't follow that I think everyone involved is, or that I'm personally calling anyone out as, a t***.

As for 'pathetic and embarrassing' that's a comment specifically about the Yaya/Kolo Toure chant - I find it utterly cringeworthy as I do pretty much all 'orchestrated participation', doubly so when there's no apparent rhyme or reason behind it. Again I don't think that's an inaccurate description but again I'm not using those words to describe the people chanting it.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

I've been a couple of times, it's a good laugh and suprisingly well mannered considering it is just a reason to get hammered. I wouldn't advise it if you actually want to watch darts but then I often feel that way about live football with some of the twonks I end up sitting near.

Over the last fifty years (showing my age) i have been to quite a few darts events some ala PDC and some "closed door" events.

(By the way i am only a casual player, in no way was i playing in them).

I much prefer the less rowdy events, however this is not a new thing, the old News of the World tournament used to end up as a mass punch up sometimes, which for a naive 10 year old could be a tad scary.

i don't undertstand the comments on the darts forum that David posted, probably posted by people who only ever watch on telly, at the end of the day it was a pub sport designed to be enjoyed by people having a drink and a laugh to forget about their strife in life for a couple of hours at the end of the day, and yes i have seen more than my fair share of aggro over it.

Maybe with the demise of the working man's traditional pub envoironment the people who go to the televised tournaments need to let off steam.

Edited by I DONT MIND

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2024 at 22:45, Comrade 86 said:

MVG was on it tonight. Those two are going to have some cracking battles over the years, you can just see it. 

Bit of a 'Beast and the Beast' fairytale story!  If those 2 young studs don't bring the female crowds in....who will??