January Reinforcements

sage

Sad state of affairs but we have very few assets. 

Cashin and Bird are the only players that could command a 7 figure fee. The rest are either too old, too poor or expiring in the summer. 

Sounds like we might a forward in before deadline day but looking at last night’s performance will that be enough? 

6 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

No strengthening of the midfield? 😔 That's a bit of a concern, to be honest.

Not always easy to be a Rams fan, is it? 

It's just a very typical January window to be fair.

We got ourself within touching distance of top 2, a couple of good signings and we could have kicked on.

But, just like last year, we fail to strengthen the areas we need. 

Within a couple of weeks top 2 is looking a tough ask and even Barnsley behind us are a point behind with a game in hand. We have arsed it up Big time.

Our number 1 striker target, we can't afford 🤣 ridiculous.

8 hours ago, valakari said:

Chris Martin left out of the Bristol Rovers squad tonight..👍maybe Warne has changed his mind on him 🤞

Chris Martin is a clever footballer, I can't imagine he'd want to play for Warne. 

We'll be waiting on Smith and playing 'hardball' even though they know we're another striker down!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Chris Martin is a clever footballer, I can't imagine he'd want to play for Warne. 

We'll be waiting on Smith and playing 'hardball' even though they know we're another striker down!

What have Warne and Thomas been doing all season in preparation for the January window?

What does Thomas bring to the party, seeing as Warnes signings tend to be people who he has managed before? Or in the case of CBT, well known in league 1 anyway.

Do we scout in Scotland, Ireland, or even League 2 and non league? 🤔 

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Sad state of affairs but we have very few assets. 

Cashin and Bird are the only players that could command a 7 figure fee. The rest are either too old, too poor or expiring in the summer. 

Sounds like we might a forward in before deadline day but looking at last night’s performance will that be enough? 

Blimey,is Warne training them that hard?!

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Is that why he went to play for both Joey Barton and Nigel Pearson?

I don't know that he went to play for Pearson originally? How does manager Barton play football?

I look forward to seeing Chris Martin take Collo's role and get just as much service.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know that he went to play for Pearson originally? How does Barton play football?

I look forward to seeing Chris Martin take Collo's role and get just as much service.

He signed a contract extension when Pearson was manager and, as Barton has been sacked by Rovers, I assume his style of football wasn't very successful (aside from questions as to why anyone would choose to play for a dick like Barton). It doesn't seem to me like the style of football was a big factor in his decisions in those cases?

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"We should be able to attract a decent striker to the club" doesnt mean we will, decent strikers would they want to play for warne? Unless if its just a target man. I know alot like the ball  into feet not having to drag out wide to receive the ball or chasing lose balls

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He signed a contract extension when Pearson was manager and, as Barton has been sacked by Rovers, I assume his style of football wasn't very successful (aside from questions as to why anyone would choose to play for a dick like Barton). It doesn't seem to me like the style of football was a big factor in his decisions in those cases?

Well he wouldn't be coming here for the wages, I thought everyone says we're under EFL restrictions. Oh and he won't be coming here for the service either, he'd join TJJ on the wing! 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well he wouldn't be coming here for the wages, I thought everyone says we're under EFL restrictions. Oh and he won't be coming here for the service either, he'd join TJJ on the wing! 😄

That's the spirit Roy, if one strawman fails, make yourself another one 🙃

BTW, of course he'd come here for the wages, doesn't everyone tell me we've got the biggest wage budget in the division?

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's the spirit Roy, if one strawman fails, make yourself another one 🙃

BTW, of course he'd come here for the wages, doesn't everyone tell me we've got the biggest wage budget in the division?

Really, why can't we get a striker to sign then? 😄

I have no idea the style of play under Pearson or Barton. But Martin is a smart footballer who scores goals and except for being asked to play like Nuge is a very adaptable player. If he comes here it won't be for the football it'll be for the money. That was my point. You didn't back up your Pearson/Barton argument either, so hay!

20 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

"We should be able to attract a decent striker to the club" doesnt mean we will, decent strikers would they want to play for warne? Unless if it’s just a target man. I know alot like the ball  into feet not having to drag out wide to receive the ball or chasing lose balls

What are your thoughts on Corey Blackett-Taylor signing for the club? 

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really, why can't we get a striker to sign then? 😄

I have no idea the style of play under Pearson or Barton. But Martin is a smart footballer who scores goals and except for being asked to play like Nuge is a very adaptable player. If he comes here it won't be for the football it'll be for the money. That was my point. You didn't back up your Pearson/Barton argument either, so hay!

Keep up youth - we can't get a striker because clubs want fees larger than we can afford to pay thanks to the EFL restrictions.

20 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Keep up youth - we can't get a striker because clubs want fees larger than we can afford to pay thanks to the EFL restrictions.

They want a fee for Smith I thought he was a loan?