3 wins

MackworthRamIsGod

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My brother went and he said similar: "terrible performance, some people were saying it was the worst under Warne, although I'm sure that I've seen worse. Blackpool at home in the League Cup & Cheltenham away recently spring immediately to mind".

Thank God it wasn't the worst performance under Warne. We've still got wriggle room to get there! 🥷

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My brother went and he said similar: "terrible performance, some people were saying it was the worst under Warne, although I'm sure that I've seen worse. Blackpool at home in the League Cup & Cheltenham away recently spring immediately to mind".

Comes to something when you end up debating which shocking performance was the most shocking. 

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If you need help coming to terms with what you saw then I'm happy to stick the kettle on, get some biscuits out and talk through it with you.

Thank goodness for people like yourself! At the moment the Samaritans are at the top of my friends & family list.🫣😳🙏🏻

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They missed more chances and our goalkeeper was excellent. The football was crap.

I would say that Wildsmith made the more impressive saves, but I would say that their keeper made more saves. I don't know if the latter is down to him having a good day, or our finishing being poor.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I would say that Wildsmith made the more impressive saves, but I would say that their keeper made more saves. I don't know if the latter is down to him having a good day, or our finishing being poor.

Wildsmith didn't have to save the two (or more) chances from their no9. Twice he was free in the box and his finishing was awful.

So poor finishing on both sides. I wonder if their aim for the season is promotion?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wildsmith didn't have to save the two (or more) chances from their no9. Twice he was free in the box and his finishing was awful.

So poor finishing on both sides. I wonder if their aim for the season is promotion?

I'm in no way saying that we played well. I would class myself as a happy clapper, and I couldn't understand why I watched the whole game until the end. We were utterly dreadful, but ignoring poor finishing from both sides their keeper made more saves than ours.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

You didn't step foot on the moon either. Not sure what relevance any of it has to the next 3 games.

My point was about how far our expectations have fallen. I shouldn't really have to explain though unless you are really thick or being deliberately obtuse 

22 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

My point was about how far our expectations have fallen. I shouldn't really have to explain though unless you are really thick or being deliberately obtuse 

Clearly I have to explain, so maybe that says more about you. The point is, regaling in times before any of the current squad and a large portion of the fanbase were alive doesn't serve any purpose. The idea that we're Derby County and Exeter, Shrewsbury or whoever are beneath us is precisely the attitude that leaves you in this division. Humble yourself, we just have to be better than they areright here, right now. Until fans do that, they'll forever be disappointed and until the players do that, they'll keep trotting out half-arsed expecting to win.

7 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

You said you would be happy with a point at Stevenage. Whatever floats your boat then. I guess if a rich guy that used to dine on caviar and lobster etc falls on hard times he should be happy with a few chicken bones out of the bin but I bet he isn’t. 

I didn't say that all. I wouldn't be happy, but it certainly wouldn't be because we once played Real Madrid on black and white TV.

56 minutes ago, Srg said:

I didn't say that all. I wouldn't be happy, but it certainly wouldn't be because we once played Real Madrid on black and white TV.

It was in colour because a sizeable chunk of our fanbase saw it with their own eyes. An even bigger chunk saw Mark Wright, a player superior to either of the current England centre backs playing for Derby. An even bigger chunk still saw Stimac, Eranio, Asanovic and Wanchope. Almost all of our current fans were around when we stuffed Leeds at Elland Road only 4 years ago. But now, we are to be happy with a draw at Stevenage, a club of similar stature to Burton Albion. Yes of course I understand we are where we are, one foot in front of the other, its will be a long term building job and all those other arguments. But I saw Jim Smith and Arthur Cox turn this club round quickly and in Arthurs case, and in my opinion, from lower start point squad wise and money wise that where we are now        

Edited by Gerry Daly

5 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Happy with a point at Stevenage. You didn't see us beat Real Madrid and Benfica then. Man Utd at Old Trafford. Liverpool at Anfield. Arsenal at Highbury

Come on, get real. We can't even beat Fleetwood at Highbury. 

Edited by oomarkwright

21 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

It was in colour because a sizeable chunk of our fanbase saw it with their own eyes. An even bigger chunk saw Mark Wright, a player superior to either of the current England centre backs playing for Derby. An even bigger chunk still saw Stimac, Eranio, Asanovic and Wanchope. Almost all of our current fans were around when we stuffed Leeds at Elland Road only 4 years ago. But now, we are to be happy with a draw at Stevenage, a club of similar stature to Burton Albion. Yes of course I understand we are where we are, one foot in front of the other, its will be a long term building job and all those other arguments. But I saw Jim Smith and Arthur Cox turn this club round quickly and in Arthurs case, and in my opinion, from lower start point squad wise and money wise that where we are now        

Just like Forest you live in the past