Its like Clough all over again...... Bored Stiff Today!

RAM1966

13 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

If you'd read my post properly you would have seen that I mentioned "social media". So not just this forum.

To be fair, yes, you have always stated "social media".

...but some people consider this forum to be social media, so there's some crossover and it's not automatically obvious how much the content of your posts is aimed at people giving their 'opinions' on that hellhole of a platform vs people giving their opinions on this fine place!

As I've said, I really don't think much if any weight can be given to views expressed on Twitter/X and they should be treated separately to views posted on here.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Mansfield Town, played 10 Won 4 Drawn 6 lost 0, 2 points from top position in league 2, goals for 17 goals, against 9 currently 4th in league

I would have Clough back in a heart beat, came into DCFC and told to reduce wages by 60%, which he did and had no where near the backing that the PE teacher has had, bring him back.

Edited by Gringo
won and drawn figures the wrong way round

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think there are many honest supporter that would say it’s JUST about results or JUST about performances. The thing is though, the relative importance of these two factors fluctuates. For example, I would imagine that most people, including those attending, would rather take ugly wins at Blackpool and Cheltenham than scintillating draws or narrow undeserved defeats. Same probably applies to our next couple of home games. Right now, we need to get results in order to get us up in the mix for those automatic promotion places or at the very least the play offs. However, if we did manage to find ourselves in a strong position in the league, the importance of the performance may increase. 

Even your own scenario is an interesting example. Assuming PW is still the manager, would you be more likely to renew if we got promoted playing his style of football or if we just missed out on promotion but were somehow playing much more entertaining football? Maybe you’d say both criteria need to be met for you which, is fair enough.

If we got promoted I would probably grit my teeth and renew, because I think that PW would be found wanting very quickly at Championship level and he would probably be gone by Christmas. The second scenario seems unlikely but if he had some road to Damascus conversion to attractive flowing football then I’d have to seriously consider things, but I’m fairly confident he won’t.
I just want to watch some decent attractive football and to be proud of the team. Remember how we all felt in 2013/14 when we were playing teams off the park and scoring for fun? I know we are a long way off that level right now but something approximating it would be very welcome.

Wanting to see some entertaining football is not a lot to ask after 42 years of following the Rams is it?! 🙂

For anyone who mocks us fans who think we should be beating teams like Cambridge 

Absolutely 100 per cent we should we are in L1 but we shouldn’t act like a L1 club ….trying to melt in with the perennial L1 clubs will only mean we become entrenched in this crap league 

act bigger,  be bigger and make any team afraid to come to PP !! Let them know we are Derby County ….nothing self righteous about thinking we should be beating the Cambridge Uniteds and Lincoln’s etc ….for goodness sake anyone saying …well Cambridge are only a point behind Oxford are top blahdy blah ….give ya head a wobble …we are Derby County and should be aiming for top2 not floundering around the mid division …was much better against Cambridge but was still 2 points dropped and that is a fact ….act like a small L1 club and we’ll see crowds drop off and will see ourselves further away than ever to where we want to go …

We are a big club and have big crowds in the 3rd tier of English football and with that comes expectation …no excuse imo if we don’t make top 2 and before anyone says I’m acting entitled im not im just saying it how it is …we are not Cambridge United or Morecambe or Bristol bloody Rovers! So let’s not pretend we are !! 

5 hours ago, Gringo said:

Mansfield Town, played 10 Won 4 Drawn 6 lost 0, 2 points from top position in league 2, goals for 17 goals, against 9 currently 4th in league

I would have Clough back in a heart beat, came into DCFC and told to reduce wages by 60%, which he did and had no where near the backing that the PE teacher has had, bring him back.

It's interesting hypothetically (as we don't have a vacancy), but not sure if it's a good idea to go back. Nigel Clough did a good job, but is generally recognised in hindsight and was unpopular with many fans during his tenure. Having said that, a very good  manager at this level, no question. 

33 minutes ago, europia said:

It's interesting hypothetically (as we don't have a vacancy), but not sure if it's a good idea to go back. Nigel Clough did a good job, but is generally recognised in hindsight and was unpopular with many fans during his tenure. Having said that, a very good  manager at this level, no question. 

And hates us now.

Which is a shame. Think it’s what put him off leaving Burton for Forest the other year.