Is this the worst Derby County side in the club's 139 year history?

Marriot Ram99

13 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I actually quite like Gerry Ryan though. He was another Irish Docherty signing 

I agree. But do you remember when the Doc signed Jonathan Clarke from Man Utd? He introduced him as "the best thing to come out of Wales since coal." I wonder what John Charles, Ron Davies, Terry Hennessey, Alan Durban, Rod Thomas and even Leighton James thought about that one? 😂

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

It may not be the worst, but its probably the most dispiriting. The worst were probably around 1982/83. Players like Ian Dalziel, Yakka Banovic, Reg Greenwood, Mick Brolly, Billy Caskey, Calvin Plummer, Paul Emson, Glenn Skivington and Bobby Campbell    

I was a season ticket holder that season too and I can honestly say that as much as I hate the way we are playing now that 82/83 team were truly awful.

29 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I agree. But do you remember when the Doc signed Jonathan Clarke from Man Utd? He introduced him as "the best thing to come out of Wales since coal." I wonder what John Charles, Ron Davies, Terry Hennessey, Alan Durban, Rod Thomas and even Leighton James thought about that one? 😂

Clark was probably the worst of The Doc's signings (unless someone can come up with another name) and is a leading contender to be in the midfield of my worst ever Derby 11. He was truly abysmal.

1 hour ago, Yoxoram said:

Clark was probably the worst of The Doc's signings (unless someone can come up with another name) and is a leading contender to be in the midfield of my worst ever Derby 11. He was truly abysmal.

He was very similar to Harvey White if you think about it - taking this thing back full circle

8 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

He was very similar to Harvey White if you think about it - taking this thing back full circle

A little unfair to compare White to Clark 🤔😉. White was on loan and didn't play an awful lot (even when he was on the pitch - mmmn, maybe not the worst comparison after all).