Is Warne living on borrowed time?

At the end of the day Saturday will be the true test. 

Burton always put up a fight against us, but they won’t be as good as Blackpool or Wigan. Let’s see how we play and get on. 

Draw - even stevens everything settles down.  
Lose - Pressure mounts and questions will start to be muttered. 
Win - everything’s peachy 

15 minutes ago, sage said:

As I have asked this question with no reply, I see no one is answering to their strawman arguments.

If you make these statements, then you need to back them up or look foolish. Please quote 10 or more posters who want him sacked. If you can.  

If you took the time to read even just this thread you'd see that it's not a straw man argument. Responses to radio derby on Facebook, on the club's YouTube channel also. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I think our squad is solid enough. Difficult to say how well placed we are to improve it. Hopefully when premier league squads are finalised we can loan a young talent to add some pace and trickery, as I think that would make a difference. 

I think this squad and manager will get a minimum of top 6. 

I admire your optimism. Do you think we will finish top 6 with this formation and tactics or do you think he will change tack?

1 minute ago, Pottig said:

If you took the time to read even just this thread you'd see that it's not a straw man argument. Responses to radio derby on Facebook, on the club's YouTube channel also. 

We are talking about this Forum. I've read this thread and others and can't see beyond 1 or 2 who have had their heads turned. So again, where is the evidence?

22 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Burton always put up a fight against us, but they won’t be as good as Blackpool or Wigan. Let’s see how we play and get on. 

I agree. I think a draw would be a great result TBH. I remember the Nigel Pearson away game a few years ago. The crowd became extremely toxic and I think he got sacked straight after that game? I hope Saturday doesn't end with the same amount of toxicity.

Burton Away is always a tough game. They must have the smallest, most compact pitch in the EFL and it usually gives them a big advantage over us in these contests.

Edited by SouthDerbysRam

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Technically, you're right... But we don't have "a big club like Derby with a 4 year project waiting to get out of League One", and nobody I know of (In a senior position within the club) has ever insinuated such a project, to my knowledge, so why air such a moot point?

I was replying to a comment made by MarsdenRam stating the memo from David Clowes of the 4 year project

4 minutes ago, sage said:

We are talking about this Forum. I've read this thread and others and can't see beyond 1 or 2 who have had their heads turned. So again, where is the evidence?

And I just told you it's there. The match thread was rife with it yesterday, too.

20 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I actually expect a scrappy Rams at the Pirelli. Not so sure about feeling peachy though 😉

24 minutes ago, sage said:

I admire your optimism. Do you think we will finish top 6 with this formation and tactics or do you think he will change tack?

Good question. I think he may be tempted to revert to a four to settle in for a few games before trying the 3 CB formation again. 

23 minutes ago, Pottig said:

And I just told you it's there. The match thread was rife with it yesterday, too.

I've just spent 20 minutes reading the match thread from the end of the game onwards, and no -one calls for him to be sacked so i call...

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Edited by sage

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Good question. I think he may be tempted to revert to a four to settle in for a few games before trying the 3 CB formation again. 

What do you think is our best XI from the current squad to play the high tempo pressing game Warne wants? 

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.728c712bbb0e66f4d8d704ee2babc81b.png

A few questions

a) when we are pressing high, will it be just forwards, or forwards and CMs. If the latter will the CBs push high or stay deep?

b) where are the goals going to come from?

c) how will this be different from the first 2 games?

2 minutes ago, sage said:

A few questions

a) when we are pressing high, will it be just forwards, or forwards and CMs. If the latter will the CBs push high or stay deep?

a) no idea

b) no idea

c) no idea

you asked the best team for how Warne wants to play😅

16 minutes ago, sage said:

A few questions

If it was me i would of course go to a 4-3-3, but warne is clearly set on forcing the players into the 5-3-2. 

a) I would say the CB's will have to push up when we press, otherwise there will be a huge gap between them and the midfield. It has to be done as a team or not at all, not really successful any other way

b) A lot of set pieces i presume with 3 CB's all supposedly good in the air. He's said in numerouds interveiws he loves to just get crosses in the box for a big striker. Which actually contradicts the high pressing game he wants as you need mobile forwards for that. 

c) to be honest i don't really know if it will be any different. But it can't really be too much worse than the other night can it?

14 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

If it was me i would of course go to a 4-3-3, but warne is clearly set on forcing the players into the 5-3-2. 

a) I would say the CB's will have to push up when we press, otherwise there will be a huge gap between them and the midfield. It has to be done as a team or not at all, not really successful any other way  Agreed but that means no more Sonny Bradley and a little cavalier from the wide CBs

b) A lot of set pieces i presume with 3 CB's all supposedly good in the air. He's said in numerouds interveiws he loves to just get crosses in the box for a big striker. Which actually contradicts the high pressing game he wants as you need mobile forwards for that. Agree about the contradiction and depending on CBs at set pieces sounds pretty desperate

c) to be honest i don't really know if it will be any different. But it can't really be too much worse than the other night can it? Certainly no worse than the first half

5 minutes ago, sage said:

I've just spent 20 minutes reading the match thread from the end of the game onwards, and no -one calls for him to be sacked so i call...

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

"Warne isn’t the answer. That’s fact. Darren Moore for example is a much better manager.

We can show all the patience we want, it ain’t gonna work."

"This is absolutely the pits. What are they playing it? All at Warne’s door. He’s had all summer.

We’re a game and a half in and we are worse off than last season. "

"Too early for a next manager thread?"

"I blame the EFL. They only allowed us to sign players on max 2 year contracts, yet they were way too lax in waving through Warne’s 4 year deal."

[in response to someone saying Warne has only been at the club 9 months] "we have gradually just got worse and worse during his tenure"

"Warne is shi* and the team looks shi* "

"Or maybe because Warne has not had 2 games but 50 to show what he can do people are sick of the David Brent of Rotherham and can see where this is heading.... "

[in response to Warne only winning 3 in 12 games] "Its alright, just give him 10 more games 😴😂"

"I think he's toast. You don't start saying that sort of stuff if you haven't long lost the dressing room.

Like it or not that's just not the way to do things"

These are just a few. Plenty more suggesting that his time is/should be near, which was my original point.