Scott Loach signs a 1 year extension

maydrakin

Get in! Now this is the statement of intent I’ve been waiting for! Season tickets renewals will be through the roof at this news.

In all seriousness, this is good news. It’s difficult to find a goalkeeper happy to be third choice, but Loach seems a top pro and a great character to have around the club. I’m sure he’s great around the younger goalkeepers coming through too.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not sure why with two keepers and an up and coming highly rated goalie, who'll want sight of a first team bench sooner rather than later, we're bothering.  Do we have wages to burn.

Presumably fits within the budget and suggests Foulkes may go out on loan for a decent spell of games in men’s football again this year.

1 hour ago, DiggerB said:

Presumably fits within the budget and suggests Foulkes may go out on loan for a decent spell of games in men’s football again this year.

Foulkes has been released.

Harry Evans is the u21 keeper that's closest to the first team squad.

Another homegrown player for the rules.

First team normally train with 4 GKs. Loach makes 3 with Evans as the no.4. Then Evans will go out on loan again this year for more experience in mens football.  I’d expect Loach to play u21s at the start of the year as an over age player to give Thompson time to develop into that role. 

Having Loach around is great for the younger ones and gives an experienced player to coach at academy level. 

This is great business IMO.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not sure why with two keepers and an up and coming highly rated goalie, who'll want sight of a first team bench sooner rather than later, we're bothering.  Do we have wages to burn.

Two up and coming… Evans needs more experience of mens football on loan, Thompson needs to grow into being a full time scholar and then u21s..

Both are a couple of years away (at least) from first team yet…

Just now, ExiledinDerby said:

Two up and coming… Evans needs more experience of mens football on loan, Thompson needs to grow into being a full time scholar and then u21s..

Both are a couple of years away (at least) from first team yet…

This lad is much vaunted.  Need to give him 5 mins in case he goes the Gordon route if he's a scholar

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This lad is much vaunted.  Need to give him 5 mins in case he goes the Gordon route if he's a scholar

They both are. Both need time to develop. 

Both are nowhere near ready for first team. 

2 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Don't know what the budget is but the margins can't be huge.  Picture a striker up for loan from a club and they might want a loan fee.  Or someone saying I've got offers from 2 clubs I'm interested in .  Your one but can you up your wage offer by 2 k a week to match theirs. Be a bugger if wages for bloke who's not even on the bench scuppers a very good signing. 

The academy players most likely to “do a Gordon” are Darren Robinson and Dajaune Brown with possibly Harry Hawkins in that conversation too…

The big clubs have either got or signed GKs around their ages already. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

The academy players most likely to “do a Gordon” are Darren Robinson and Dajaune Brown with possibly Harry Hawkins in that conversation too…

The big clubs have either got or signed GKs around their ages already. 

Gordon Ramsay GIF by Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Always possible that we could sell last seasons goalkeeper if a bid deemed worthy came in ! 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Get in! Now this is the statement of intent I’ve been waiting for! Season tickets renewals will be through the roof at this news.

In all seriousness, this is good news. It’s difficult to find a goalkeeper happy to be third choice, but Loach seems a top pro and a great character to have around the club. I’m sure he’s great around the younger goalkeepers coming through too.

Well said. He sounds like a great professional to have around the club and always speaks well. It will be also important for squad cohesiont to have good characters to stay at the club in a summer when there will be many new additions.