Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

Bids so far have been below 2m right? I suspect that's what we're waiting for. Hardly a bad price given the circumstances although he'll go on to be worth a lot more. Definitely worth taking a hit on the fee and getting a sell-on clause in there. 

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

i hope we don't take 2 million.  Better off waiting for the compo next summer or chancing we go up.  Openly admitting to the media he's not going to be here doesn't seem the cleverest idea, it won't inspire higher bids. 

Might inspire a bun-fight for his signature

32 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

i hope we don't take 2 million.  Better off waiting for the compo next summer or chancing we go up.  Openly admitting to the media he's not going to be here doesn't seem the cleverest idea, it won't inspire higher bids. 

Or it’s telling the bidding clubs, you’re not the only one in the race.

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Having seen how tribunals seem to screw the selling club over id be very wary of letting it get to that stage

iv no idea and only guessing but i dont think it would be anywhere near that 

but thats my guess

It can happen and I don't know how the appeal process works.. We appealed after our 'friends'  Crystal Palace offered 30k for Ebiowei.  Since then they've had a loan fee from Hull on top.  I expect he'll be retired and 40 when we get something.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

Or it’s telling the bidding clubs, you’re not the only one in the race.

and then he tells them the bids are nearly acceptable.  Maybe those clubs might have chucked 500k on their bids over the weekend.  Maybe more if they're keen. Now it may be half that.  

4 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Bids so far have been below 2m right? I suspect that's what we're waiting for. Hardly a bad price given the circumstances although he'll go on to be worth a lot more. Definitely worth taking a hit on the fee and getting a sell-on clause in there. 

“Bids so far have been below 2m”

Says who? 

We have zero idea if its 200k or 2m 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Not surprising, just want it done asap so we can reallocate funds.

You possibly need to not expect any transfer fees received not to be spent on incoming transfer fees, we have debts to pay and transfer fees are possibly the only way of paying them.

Edited by Sparkle

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

and then he tells them the bids are nearly acceptable.  Maybe those clubs might have chucked 500k on their bids over the weekend.  Maybe more if they're keen. Now it may be half that.  

Have you thought about offering him your advice, I’m sure he’d be grateful.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

From the interview quotes in the DET and other comments from Warne in previous interviews, he doesn’t handle the negotiations. Pearce and Clowes will decide what his value is to the club and if a bid comes close to that. Warne says in that DET article he doesn’t want to lose Knight and Knight is training well, but he’s realistic about the situation. 

"I've spoken to Knighty a couple of times. He isn't like knocking on my door to leave. But I am aware of interest from a couple of Championship clubs. I am aware of bids.

"I am aware of what the player has been offered. I am aware of everything. So the common sense of my brain is being honest - I can see Knighty leaving. I don't want him to leave from a football manager's point of view. Why would I?

"But I also, I've said all along, I don't want to have hostages here and he isn't that he's definitely not that he's a great kid.

"He's trained really well this week. But I honestly think by the end of this summer it will happen, but it would only happen if our club agreed to other club's evaluation now, they might not.

"And if that's the case then he runs his contract out here. Great. The figure has to match the value we see in the player. And if that's the case and the ownership people above my head, regard that figure to be good enough and the player is happy with it, then we part company. It will be a sad day for me because I love Knighty."

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

“Bids so far have been below 2m”

Says who? 

We have zero idea if its 200k or 2m 

John Percy - the most reliable journo covering Derby - tweeted on June 20: "#BristolCity transfer news - Derby have rejected 2 bids for midfielder Jason Knight, the latest at around £1.5m. Getting closer. Birmingham are also in talks with #dcfc over a permanent deal for Krystian Bielik of up to £1m #bcfc."

Not saying it's gospel but we clearly do have an idea it's not 200k. 

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It can happen and I don't know how the appeal process works.. We appealed after our 'friends'  Crystal Palace offered 30k for Ebiowei.  Since then they've had a loan fee from Hull on top.  I expect he'll be retired and 40 when we get something.

Think thats says it all though… 30k for a kid with that level of promise… as raw as he was

even if they 10 xd it which they probably didnt do, feels we got no where near his market value

i mean 30k … talk about low balling 

4 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

John Percy - the most reliable journo covering Derby - tweeted on June 20: "#BristolCity transfer news - Derby have rejected 2 bids for midfielder Jason Knight, the latest at around £1.5m. Getting closer. Birmingham are also in talks with #dcfc over a permanent deal for Krystian Bielik of up to £1m #bcfc."

Not saying it's gospel but we clearly do have an idea it's not 200k. 

Oh i know 200k i was being slightly sarky lol

percy is a bit 50/50 though 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

From the interview quotes in the DET and other comments from Warne in previous interviews, he doesn’t handle the negotiations. Pearce and Clowes will decide what his value is to the club and if a bid comes close to that. Warne says in that DET article he doesn’t want to lose Knight and Knight is training well, but he’s realistic about the situation. 

"I've spoken to Knighty a couple of times. He isn't like knocking on my door to leave. But I am aware of interest from a couple of Championship clubs. I am aware of bids.

"I am aware of what the player has been offered. I am aware of everything. So the common sense of my brain is being honest - I can see Knighty leaving. I don't want him to leave from a football manager's point of view. Why would I?

"But I also, I've said all along, I don't want to have hostages here and he isn't that he's definitely not that he's a great kid.

"He's trained really well this week. But I honestly think by the end of this summer it will happen, but it would only happen if our club agreed to other club's evaluation now, they might not.

"And if that's the case then he runs his contract out here. Great. The figure has to match the value we see in the player. And if that's the case and the ownership people above my head, regard that figure to be good enough and the player is happy with it, then we part company. It will be a sad day for me because I love Knighty."

That's my point.  Why in an interview would you elaborate to the point that bids are nearly there.  Your totally removing any negotiation.  That could seriously reduce higher offers.  It's maddening.  Just take the bloody training. 

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

But the bidders are competing with each other.  Sohighest bid wins subject to Knight agreeing terms

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's my point.  Why in an interview would you elaborate to the point that bids are nearly there.  You’re totally removing any negotiation.  That could seriously reduce higher offers.  It's maddening.  Just take the bloody training. 

To be clear, this isn’t me blindly defending Warne, just trying to be objective/play devils advocate or whatever.

He’s been asked a question and given an answer, it might not be exactly what some want to hear but fans in general are keen for some news and he’s provided some. If he’s not involved in the negotiations he’s passing comment on what he knows, Pearce and Clowes will talk the actual figures with the clubs and if they meet the valuation he’ll be sold, what Warne does or doesn’t say in an interview won’t influence that in my view. 

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's my point.  Why in an interview would you elaborate to the point that bids are nearly there.  Your totally removing any negotiation.  That could seriously reduce higher offers.  It's maddening.  Just take the bloody training. 

Hes not the first manager to do it and wont be the last.

also much better and higher profile managers are way more scattergun or cryptic Than warne

this side of it is all lip service tbh and i think most of us pay little attention to it 

hes not involved in the negotiations so id imagine hes deliberately being non committal/cryptic 

Edited by NottsRam77