Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

How's that Fapetu boy getting on? Assume he's injured since he didn't play against Notts?

He's behind DRobinson in the CM pecking order, and we also wanted to give minutes to Fornah and Thompson in midfield. We tend to use the Central League Cup to give minutes to players needing it. Since Fapetu played the full 90 on Friday, Weston and Hawkins (who didn't play the full game vs Fulham) were the replacements for our 2 senior CMs in the side.

I imagine we'll see Fapetu next Tuesday when we play Lincoln in the same competition. We also play Forest the following Monday, so that'll be a full strength side.

On 17/01/2024 at 15:49, Ghost of Clough said:

He's behind DRobinson in the CM pecking order, and we also wanted to give minutes to Fornah and Thompson in midfield. We tend to use the Central League Cup to give minutes to players needing it. Since Fapetu played the full 90 on Friday, Weston and Hawkins (who didn't play the full game vs Fulham) were the replacements for our 2 senior CMs in the side.

I imagine we'll see Fapetu next Tuesday when we play Lincoln in the same competition. We also play Forest the following Monday, so that'll be a full strength side.

Where is Radcliffe ?

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne quoted in this article saying there are National League clubs interested in taking Weston and Brown on loan. Warne thinks Brown will go out on loan this month. 

"I will not let him go to anybody who has not bothered to watch him." It amazes me that a football club would just ring up to ask for a player without knowing what type of player they actually are. I can understand at lower levels where we have built relationships with them and they ask for a short term loan in a certain position, but not a long term one.

I was hoping a L2 club would come in for Brown, but I imagine a lack of first team minutes would mean it's a bit of a risk for them.

30 minutes ago, O'hare is the goat said:

Swear he's a defender and not a winger

I thought the same, whenever I've seen his name he's been at RB. Then again Matlock are playing Kornell McDonald, who came through our academy into the first team in 2020, at RW despite him being a defender like Moore.

“Derby County striker Dajaune Brown looks set to be heading out on loan to the National League.

Derbyshire Live understands Gateshead are close to agreeing a deal for the forward who has been in excellent form for the club's academy this season. The Rams are keen to help further his development by way of competitive first-team football with Gateshead currently pushing for the play-offs.”

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

On Eno Nto 

was nominated for our academy player of the year in 2019

Was part of the u18 premier league winning side in 2019 

Last year he played  in all Notre Dames games (22) scoring 11 and getting 4 assists 

First player to score 4 goals for notre dame since 2006 

Got in the 2023 all college tournament team of the year 

Has won player of the weeks in 2023 off multiple different outlets. 

31 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

On Eno Nto 

was nominated for our academy player of the year in 2019

Was part of the u18 premier league winning side in 2019 

Last year he played  in all Notre Dames games (22) scoring 11 and getting 4 assists 

First player to score 4 goals for notre dame since 2006 

Got in the 2023 all college tournament team of the year 

Has won player of the weeks in 2023 off multiple different outlets. 

Sounds like we're lucky to have him back.